Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Looking for a rough idea of prices of a few groceries that we'll probably need to purchase at the resort. Won't need enough stuff to make ordering from Garden Grocer or the like worth it. Anyone been there recently and noticed prices on: 1/2 gallon of milk, box of cereal, fresh fruit (bananas)? Thanks!

I have always had good luck when budgeting for these types of things at CBR by adding 20% to the price of the items at my local grocery store. I've always been really close when doing that. Sorry I don't have exact prices. You can see some prices in the pictures on pages 1 and 2 of this thread.

We always just packed food in our luggage (including apples & bananas) and bought cold items at the resort. It really never took up much room and the space it did use was replaced with souvenirs :flower:

I have always had good luck when budgeting for these types of things at CBR by adding 20% to the price of the items at my local grocery store. I've always been really close when doing that. Sorry I don't have exact prices. You can see some prices in the pictures on pages 1 and 2 of this thread.

Thanks, that helps! I wasn't sure how ridiculous to expect the prices to be. Glad to know it's not usually that outrageous.

We always just packed food in our luggage (including apples & bananas) and bought cold items at the resort. It really never took up much room and the space it did use was replaced with souvenirs :flower:

Thanks. This is our first trip with our daughter, so I'm thinking we're already going to be maxing out our suitcase space with the addition of her clothes, diapers, and what not. We will probably bring a few grocery items with us though, but it's good to know the prices won't be out of control for whatever doesn't make the cut.

Thanks to you both.

We just got home from CBR. We were in Jamaica 41. Only one time did I feel it was too far or OPR but I was especially tired and it was a rainy day. It was also day 6 of our trip and my feet were sore!

I LOVED the resort and would not hesitate to stay there again. Thanks for all the info on this thread - it helped a great deal.
How far of a walk would you guess it was to OPR. We have a 10 day trip coming up in June. We just booked standard rooms so I was thinking about requesting Jamaica. We have stayed a POR before in the Royal Rooms and the walk to the food court wasn't too bad. I am hoping for something similar.

Thanks for all the helpful info so far! Two quick questions:

Does anyone have a guess as to how late the feature pool/hot tubs will be open the first week in May?

Also, does the CBR food court at Old Port Royale have the ready-to-go birthday cakes in the cooler section? Not looking for anything fancy, just something to pick up for the room after dinner one night. I know they have them at Pop Century. Wasn't sure if CBR did.

Thanks so much!

I have seen the small ready to go birthday cakes in the grab-n-go section of the food court before. Having said that, I don't remember seeing them this past trip (May/June, 2015) but I also wasn't looking for them.

How far of a walk would you guess it was to OPR. We have a 10 day trip coming up in June. We just booked standard rooms so I was thinking about requesting Jamaica. We have stayed a POR before in the Royal Rooms and the walk to the food court wasn't too bad. I am hoping for something similar.

Not the Diser that you quoted but I can tell you that we were in the furthest building in Jamaica from Old Port Royale and it took me about 6 1/2 to 7 minutes to walk.

Hey friends - can you tell me if the pod coffee dispenser takes Senseo brand coffee? I wanted to be able to save time not going to the food court by getting pods for the coffee maker. Thanks!
We just returned and they provided fresh coffee pods, creamers, sugars, etc. every day for the in-room coffee maker. When we asked for extra, they sent 10+ pods over!

Thank you so much! I wanted to be able to bring the kind I wanted - would Senseo fit if I wanted to bring my own? TIA!

Ok, it's only been a few months since I've been on here, but what happened to preferred room prices??? They were only about $30-35 more per night before, now I'm trying to quote this years trip and the preferred room is coming up the same price as pirate rooms at $65 per night more than standard!!

Ok, it's only been a few months since I've been on here, but what happened to preferred room prices??? They were only about $30-35 more per night before, now I'm trying to quote this years trip and the preferred room is coming up the same price as pirate rooms at $65 per night more than standard!!

Could easily be supply and demand. Quite possibly enough preferred rooms are booked they upped the price.

We just returned and they provided fresh coffee pods, creamers, sugars, etc. every day for the in-room coffee maker. When we asked for extra, they sent 10+ pods over!

Was it powdered creamer? If so, do you happen to know if they sell liquid creamer at the store there? Wondering if I should add some to my garden grocer order - didn't think about creamer for my coffee :eek::eek::eek:

2015 prices had preferred as ~ $50 more per night depending on season than standard

2016 prices have preferred as ~ $65 more per night depending on season than standard

2015 prices had preferred as ~ $50 more per night depending on season than standard

2016 prices have preferred as ~ $65 more per night depending on season than standard
When we booked, it was 195 standard and 235 preferred last year. The other mods aren't that high, they are still 30-40 more. Yikes. I said I'd never book standard at CBR, but for that difference, I'm not sure. I loved CBR, but now I'm considering heading back to POR or POFQ.

When we booked, it was 195 standard and 235 preferred last year. The other mods aren't that high, they are still 30-40 more. Yikes. I said I'd never book standard at CBR, but for that difference, I'm not sure. I loved CBR, but now I'm considering heading back to POR or POFQ.

Yeah, it's crazy. We absolutely refuse to pay the extra $$ for preferred at any WDW resort. We feel it's a waste of $$.

Was it powdered creamer? If so, do you happen to know if they sell liquid creamer at the store there? Wondering if I should add some to my garden grocer order - didn't think about creamer for my coffee :eek::eek::eek:

I would add it!! It makes such a difference. :)

Yeah, it's crazy. We absolutely refuse to pay the extra $$ for preferred at any WDW resort. We feel it's a waste of $$.
CBR is the only one that I would. I walked it all the way around and I can't imagine some of those buildings- the distance from the food court was crazy. We were in the building right next to OPR in Martinique in November, and it was great. We would walk just to get our coffee in the am, fill our mugs or get a snack in the evening, etc. I even let the kids go themselves because from our staircase I could see them walk all the way to the door of OPR. This time, we are traveling with my 70 yo parents that wanted preferred too, but when I tell them that it will be $650 more, I know they won't do it. They are going to want POFQ. I'm torn now, I loved CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter