Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi! Can you elaborate on who not to make requests during online check in? I made one over the phone and through TPs. Should I stop there?
Yes. Because whatever you put with online check-in (there is a section that says "Room Requests" or something like that and is a very small choice of things) will override any other requests put in.

Hi! Can you elaborate on who not to make requests during online check in? I made one over the phone and through TPs. Should I stop there?

Yes, stop there. If you make any requests during online check in it will wipe out any requests you have called in or done through TP.

We just checked out today. Pool still closed. They were redoing all the caulk around the pool and around all the tiles on the ground - doing this the whole week. This morning they were painting edges of the little building the smaller slide comes out of. All week they were sanding and painting the fence. But it’s been full of water all week probably waiting on the chemicals.

My wife and I are staying at CBR in early May. We have a king room, which I know already limits what building we may be in. I did online check-in and requested "Near Skyliner" thinking that was a no-brainer, but I'm assuming that puts you near the CBR station, and it seems like Riviera might be better (at least for Epcot). Opinions on if I should leave the request or just remove it and see where we end up?

**It's just the two of us so I'm not sweating it too much, we don't mind having to walk, was just curious.

My wife and I are staying at CBR in early May. We have a king room, which I know already limits what building we may be in. I did online check-in and requested "Near Skyliner" thinking that was a no-brainer, but I'm assuming that puts you near the CBR station, and it seems like Riviera might be better (at least for Epcot). Opinions on if I should leave the request or just remove it and see where we end up?

**It's just the two of us so I'm not sweating it too much, we don't mind having to walk, was just curious.

I believe the Martinique rooms (between RIV and Old Port Royale) are preferred, so you'd only get those if you paid more for the room itself.

Of the standard rooms, you'd want Jamaica (closest to CBR's Skyliner) or Aruba (closer to RIV). I think either would be great, though personally I'd rather be in Aruba if only to go eat at RIV's restaurants more easily.

The only buildings that do not have any king rooms are in Trinidad. You can be put in any other building other than in Trinidad. So if they are able to honor your request, you could be close to either station.

I believe the Martinique rooms (between RIV and Old Port Royale) are preferred, so you'd only get those if you paid more for the room itself.
There are Preferred, Preferred 5th sleeper, King and Water View rooms in Martinique.
Of the standard rooms, you'd want Jamaica (closest to CBR's Skyliner) or Aruba (closer to RIV). I think either would be great, though personally I'd rather be in Aruba if only to go eat at RIV's restaurants more easily.
Agreed!

You could be in Aruba or Jamaica if they honor your request to be near the skyliner but as others have mentioned, there are King rooms throughout the property. If I were you, I would request Jamaica. I make room requests using TP and will put in specific room numbers and mention why I want that room so if they can't give me that room, they can hopefully substitute.

Jamaica is easy access to the skyliner, a fairly quick bridge walk to the main lobby/pool and also the first bus stop to MK and AK. It's good since you'll be first on when picking up but bad since you'll have to cruise through all the other stops but first off when returning to your room. The Aruba location is only preferable if you want to be closer to the Riviera resort for additional dining options. We don't mind walking either since it's not like we're rushing around but if it takes 10 min to walk to the lobby or I have to ride the internal bus to the lobby, it tends to get annoying by the 3rd day.

I would suggest just leaving your online check-in choice of "near skyliner" as is. When you get the notification that your room is ready, look to see it's location. If you would prefer another location, do not open your room door. Go to the front desk and politely ask if there are any king rooms available closer to Riviera's skyliner station. If you open the room door, they are less likely to immediately assign a new room because mousekeeping will have to sign off on the original room before it can be reassigned. If you haven't opened the original room door, it doesn't cause any mousekeeping issues to give you a new room assignment.

Enjoy your trip!

Anybody know the current status of the pool? Were there starting Saturday. Any chance it may open sometime next week?

We're staying at CBR next month and would love to stay in one of Little Mermaid/Under The Sea themed rooms. Is there any option during online check to choose in terms of room requests that would give us a better chance of one of these rooms?

We're staying at CBR next month and would love to stay in one of Little Mermaid/Under The Sea themed rooms. Is there any option during online check to choose in terms of room requests that would give us a better chance of one of these rooms?
You have to book a 5th sleeper to get a LM room. Then I would call and request Trinidad. I don’t know what online checkin options there are.

Does anyone know if you can get the bread pudding at Banana Cabana that they serve in Sebastian's? I thought I saw it on the Banana Cabana menu at one point, but I don't see it now.

Thanks.

We’re in Jamaica. This week is supposed to be busy. I think Jamaica is second to last on the bus route. I hear MK buses can get full. Would we be better off walking/driving to another island’s bus stop for ETPE at MK (starts at 7:30an) or just using Jamaica’s stop? And what time should we be at the stop for a 7:30 ETPE day?

We’re in Jamaica. This week is supposed to be busy. I think Jamaica is second to last on the bus route. I hear MK buses can get full. Would we be better off walking/driving to another island’s bus stop for ETPE at MK (starts at 7:30an) or just using Jamaica’s stop? And what time should we be at the stop for a 7:30 ETPE day?
The rule of thumb to be on the first bus and therefore toward the front of the pack for rope drop is 90 mins, so for a 7:30 early entry that is 6am :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter