• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Any chance you can consider a split? We like two nights at AKL, and then move to another resort for the rest of our stay.

@gwynne , thanks for the input! We had a bad experience with a split last trip so are sort of hesitant, but I like the idea of getting the best of both worlds!

Oh, and aside from all that, yesterday at breakfast we saw Blair Underwood, who is doing the Candlelight Processional. We didn’t want to bother him since he was eating breakfast with (I assume) his wife, but someone else did and he was super nice to her. :thumbsup2

That's awesome. We saw him narrating Friday night. Our first time watching CP.

And Ale & Compass CP dining package for the win! :-)

IMG_2506.jpeg

Sorry, OT!

So, here's a "what should I do" question if anyone is so inclined to share their wisdom...

I'm booked for a 4 day long weekend in January to celebrate a *milestone* birthday of sorts - Atrium CL at CR, Bay Lake view. So I still like to check availability every day, just to torture myself with my own indecisiveness. I know I want to stay at a MK resort, but figured a Poly room would turn up at some point to tempt me to switch (which could still happen), or maybe a GF (I've never stayed there). I was not expecting a WL CL to pop up, just because I just generally don't see a lot of availability for them.

So today there's a WL standard CL available. Pros would be - we LOVE WL (especially DH) but have never stayed CL, and haven't stayed there for a few years. Also less expensive, plus I wouldn't feel compelled to buy hoppers without the draw of being able to walk to MK. And again, have just wanted to try it since there always seems to be limited availability...

CR pros - I'm the only one in the family that has stayed there and I love it. I think they would love it too! Walking distance to MK, more space. I feel like January is a good time to try it with the rest of the family, since pool time will be less important.

I'm really happy where I am, but it's hard to resist! I think I'm also not used to having so much power! Usually I have to negotiate these types of decisions with rest of my *party* so I'm second guessing myself with this one! Usually we follow the steepest discount - not an issue for this trip - and usually we do a split stay but this is too short of a trip, so I'm used to having my cake and eating it too! Thoughts? :flower:

(excuse my stream of consciousness post...)

Love a good CL dilemma.

I can't really help but I'll relay my experience with a bigger birthday earlier this year. Circumstances aren't exactly like yours but maybe somewhat relevant. Given it was my birthday, I had kind of wanted to stay at a known entity that I knew I'd be happy with no matter what (for me, Poly or CR). But we did BWI CL, mainly to give it a try, always gets such rave reviews here, the dining options around were a better fit for our plan, etc. In retrospect, I regretted the decision to try something new on a big birthday trip and sort of wish we had stuck to what we know.

I know that doesn't exactly match your situation, but I guess my point is to go with your gut on what feels right. I usually advocate 'there will be other trips so don't stress' but birthdays are special, so we tend to put more focus on trying to make the right choice (not that that's really possible) in those circumstances.

(FWIW, my family would vote CR for room size alone, if that matters). :-)

:thanks:! My vote is GF but hubby is interested in AKL, so I was hoping the experts could weigh in!

I'll be the counter-opinion and vote AKL CL (we have stayed at both AKL CL and GF SL in the past year). For us (my kids are 8 and 4) the food at AKL is a better fit overall. AKL CL is my favorite overall breakfast pretty much hands down, and we would also give it the nod for evening apps over GF (I acknowledge that comment will get me :duck: on this thread), although it's pretty close.

AKL CL kids menu for evening apps rotates with Uncrustables, Ham & Cheese Roll-ups, BBQ meatballs, Corn Dogs, Chicken Nuggets, and similar. Plus I think apple slices and watermelon were out nightly as well (that probably changes from time to time). That gets the job done.

@TJA , THANK YOU for your response! I can really see the draw of AKL... it's a tough decision! We will really need to evaluate which 'area' we'd like to be in (usually MK), and which other factors are most important to us (Sleep 4 vs. Sleep 5, fireworks view vs. savannah view, food options, quality of transportation, etc.). I appreciate your weighing in on the food, as well as sharing your experience!

Yeah, location, room size, transportation, other plans are (for us) bigger factors than CL offerings. AKL CL may win for food, but it's going to lose in other categories if you want a park heavy trip, fireworks views, etc.

I'll admit, we didn't get around to trying AKL until we found ourselves wanting a different kind of trip with less park time and less running around....and for that it was the perfect fit.

I'll be the counter-opinion and vote AKL CL (we have stayed at both AKL CL and GF SL in the past year). For us (my kids are 8 and 4) the food at AKL is a better fit overall. AKL CL is my favorite overall breakfast pretty much hands down, and we would also give it the nod for evening apps over GF (I acknowledge that comment will get me :duck: on this thread), although it's pretty close.

AKL CL kids menu for evening apps rotates with Uncrustables, Ham & Cheese Roll-ups, BBQ meatballs, Corn Dogs, Chicken Nuggets, and similar. Plus I think apple slices and watermelon were out nightly as well (that probably changes from time to time). That gets the job done.

Yeah, location, room size, transportation, other plans are (for us) bigger factors than CL offerings. AKL CL may win for food, but it's going to lose in other categories if you want a park heavy trip, fireworks views, etc.

I'll admit, we didn't get around to trying AKL until we found ourselves wanting a different kind of trip with less park time and less running around....and for that it was the perfect fit.

Ssoooooo weird... when I was at GF last year, Chicken Nuggets were on the Gourmet, High End, Food connoisseur, adults only table. Not sure why they changed it :scratchin;)

@GADisneyDad14 , thank you for your awesomely detailed reply! My husband has also thrown Yacht Club into the running, and I remember some favorable reviews not so long ago from you.
However, those ‘other factors’ come into play (ie. watching fireworks from resort with little ones) and we will spend more time at MK than any other park, so it makes sense to stay MK area. I’m shooting for the resorts that offer the higher discounts this time, too- refuse to pay rack rate again! So that factors in, as well.

Some may remember awhile back I was debating YC CL vs BWI CL for a quick adults only weekend holiday trip. Well, YC CL ultimately won out (it's just a better fit overall for us than BWI), but THANK YOU again for everyone's advice. It was a tough decision.

YC has been well documented by DISers with several recent stays so some of this is repetitive, but a quick photo tour of the current state of things....

Breakfast: Hard boiled eggs and Goat Cheese & Brie:
IMG_2623.jpg

Ham and Pastrami Salmon. If you're into making breakfast sandwiches, hard to beat these.
IMG_2624.jpg

Oatmeal is in the bottom left dish with standard toppings. The other white dish has a quiche type offering. Another morning (this morning in fact) they had grits (which were surprisingly VERY good):
IMG_2625.jpg

Current fruit selection. Cut off on this pic is the (very) small scoop yourself yogurts on the right. Greek, vanilla, and strawberry. These serving dishes are too small relative to demand, but that's a minor observation.
IMG_2626.jpg

Cereal selections include Raisen Bran, Fruit Loops, and Rice Krispies:
IMG_2627.jpg

Several varieties of breads, bagels, muffins, coffee cake, etc. Also the ice cream fridge is stocked in the morning if so inclined.
IMG_2628.jpg

Last edited:
Afternoon snack setup...
IMG_2341.jpg

One kind of chip on this day.
IMG_2342.jpg

Pita and pesto sauce. Also a white chocolate bark on this day.
IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

Cranberry juice, lemonade, Stormalong Bay Breeze, and Iced Tea.
IMG_2709.jpg

Filtered water and sparkling water. To go cups readily available. I don't 'think' YC has Dasani bottles, but I'm not totally sure about that (I've never asked, to be honest).
IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

Another day had Milk Chocolate Candy Bark. Try to just have one piece.
IMG_2708.jpg

This has been reported by PPs as well, but they now have Olaf Frozen Bars in addition to Edy's.
IMG_2350.jpg

Another day had two different varieties of chips - Salted and Old Bay Seasoned.
IMG_2712.jpg

Last edited:
Afternoon snack setup...
View attachment 370201

One kind of chip on this day.
View attachment 370202

Pita and pesto sauce. Also a white chocolate bark on this day.
View attachment 370203

View attachment 370204

View attachment 370205

View attachment 370206

View attachment 370207

Cranberry juice, lemonade, Stormalong Bay Breeze, and Iced Tea.
View attachment 370208

Filtered water and sparkling water. To go cups readily available. I don't 'think' YC has Dasani bottles, but I'm not totally sure about that (I've never asked, to be honest).
View attachment 370209

View attachment 370210

I love those Pita’s with some of the garlic ranch usually by the veggies! Makes a good mid day snack.

Only had one night of evening apps, unfortunately. This is most, but not all, of the offerings on this particular evening. Hard to take pics with people around. :-)

If anyone needs me to zoom in on the wine list, let me know. Beer/wine is served by a CM in during evening apps, upon request all other times.

IMG_2729.jpg

Seem to be popular on the thread. :-)
IMG_2730.jpg

Make-your-own PBJ with rolls and apple slices.
IMG_2731.jpg

This pic makes it look terrible, but this is Glazed Salmon with Lentils. It was VERY good, although oddly I did find a few bones.
IMG_2732.jpg

Beef and Onion Jam Crostini with Horseradish Cream. Doesn't look like all that much but this was excellent as well, in my humble opinion. Check out the top left - I guess some folks didn't want to take the dish and just took the crostini? :confused3
IMG_2733.jpg

Chickpea Salad with Feta & Roasted Garlic, something on the top right (not sure!), and Marinated Olives & Peppers on the bottom.
IMG_2734.jpg

Crackers, bread, and cheeses.
IMG_2735.jpg

That's a pretty good app plate in my book. The salmon doesn't look like much covered in that sauce, but it tasted better than it looks.
IMG_2736.jpg

Last edited:
Ssoooooo weird... when I was at GF last year, Chicken Nuggets were on the Gourmet, High End, Food connoisseur, adults only table. Not sure why they changed it :scratchin;)

I still love when a guy staying at SL recently was pointing out to his family members that where the nuggets were was the kids food.....:rotfl2:, yet he was standing in a line of kids in the area opposite of what he was calling the kids area!

Finally, a few pics from around the lounge and CL floor:

Kids tables with TV:
IMG_2353.jpg

This space does fill up during peak times, but the flow tends to work well and it's just big enough to let folks move around. I'm still struck by the cleanliness and simplicity of the YC CL lounge - compared to some CLs it's nice, bright, and open here.
IMG_2355.jpg

Small trees in the elevator lobby on the 5th floor.
IMG_2356.jpg

Patio off the CL lounge. We had to eat breakfast out here this AM as the lounge was full.
IMG_2716.jpg

View off the lounge patio towards the front of the resort.

IMG_2719.jpg

More outside seating off the lounge.
IMG_2721.jpg

Staying AKL CL next month, I’m starting to get a bit worried that there won’t be much for my vegetarian daughter.

Staying AKL CL next month, I’m starting to get a bit worried that there won’t be much for my vegetarian daughter.

These are from April so not totally current, but maybe these pics and menu screen shots will help to get a feel for the types of items you may see:

AKL CL - April 2018

Scroll past the room posts.

@GADisneyDad14 awesome pictures, thanks! We will be trying the YC CL as part of a split stay next July. Glad to see you guys saw the CP - hope you enjoyed as much as we did last year (our first time too). :)

This space does fill up during peak times, but the flow tends to work well and it's just big enough to let folks move around. I'm still struck by the cleanliness and simplicity of the YC CL lounge - compared to some CLs it's nice, bright, and open here.
View attachment 370223

Thanks for all of the great pics, love the look of the lounge. Considering YC CL for a late summer trip :).

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

These are from April so not totally current, but maybe these pics and menu screen shots will help to get a feel for the types of items you may see:

AKL CL - April 2018

Scroll past the room posts.

Thank you SO much! Those pics look amazing and there is definitely plenty of options for her.

Only thing missing that Ive seen from other resort CL pics is soy milk in the mini fridge but no biggie.

So excited :D

Thank you SO much! Those pics look amazing and there is definitely plenty of options for her.

Only thing missing that Ive seen from other resort CL pics is soy milk in the mini fridge but no biggie.

So excited :D

Cool, glad it helped. I will caveat that things change/evolve/morph over time at all the CLs so you may not experience the exact same offerings, but I suspect they are somewhere in a similar zone.

I don’t know this for sure (maybe someone does) but I’d definitely ask about soy milk when there, they may have it in the back.

Hope you enjoy AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter