Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks! I'm not too concerned with light noise, I just know how loud it can get down on that level and just wanted to make sure the CM noise didn't stay that way all the way up at the top. I'm thankful I have a good long while to make up my mind.

I agree with what @AngiTN said about the noise. In my experience you can hear it, but whether it’s at a level that is bothersome or not will be pretty subjective. You could easily be up/away from your room most of the time and never really notice it at all. Or you could be trying to sleep late and they start into that napkin swirling song and you’re just praying for it to stop.

I rate it as something pretty low on the concern list and I wouldn’t be really down if we did have a room on that end, but if I had my choice I’d rather be on the other end.

I agree with what @AngiTN said about the noise. In my experience you can hear it, but whether it’s at a level that is bothersome or not will be pretty subjective. You could easily be up/away from your room most of the time and never really notice it at all. Or you could be trying to sleep late and they start into that napkin swirling song and you’re just praying for it to stop.

I rate it as something pretty low on the concern list and I wouldn’t be really down if we did have a room on that end, but if I had my choice I’d rather be on the other end.
I'm thankful my family doesn't know how to sleep in (I've had to get used to that). Kids up by 6 every day, husband up by 5 at the latest, it's tough on an exhausted mom lol. I guess it would be akin to staying at WL and having to listen to the "we need some ketchup!!" for hours, that was annoying.

Can't decide between club level at Yacht Club standard room, Grand Floridian Sugarloaf (outer building), or Grand Floridian Main Building.

Price difference between Yacht and GF Sugarloaf is $100 a night, difference between GF Sugarloaf and Main Building is $170 a night.

We'd like to stay at the GF for the monorail, however, we will be going to Epcot so Yacht Club's location is good too.

Can decide between club level at Yacht Club standard room, Grand Floridian Sugarloaf (outer building), or Grand Floridian Main Building.

Price difference between Yacht and GF Sugarloaf is $100 a night, difference between GF Sugarloaf and Main Building is $170 a night.

We'd like to stay at the GF for the monorail, however, we will be going to Epcot so Yacht Club's location is good too.

We're a heavy Epcot family (second only to MK) and the one little thing about GF that tends to bug me is access to Epcot. It just "feels" like more of a process to go there from GF than other places, and we sometimes find ourselves using Minnie Van / Uber / Lyft / Taxi to get to/from Epcot rather than the monorail.

It doesn't necessarily sway our decision making, but it's somewhere on the list of resort locational pros/cons for us.

Unsolicited opinion, a GF / YC split would be a nice compromise if your trip is long enough.

Can't decide between club level at Yacht Club standard room, Grand Floridian Sugarloaf (outer building), or Grand Floridian Main Building.

I second the idea of doing a YC/GF main building split stay. We did this last year and it was amazing. While at YC we visited Epcot, Hollywood Studio, and Animal Kingdom. When we transferred to GF we focused on relaxing at the resort, enjoying the band, club level food offering, and of course Magic Kingdom. Only had to get on a bus once. For us that was the perfect trip. :cheer2:

The views above? Not likely. Deluxe rooms are just bigger. The view doesn't change
There are no categories to CL at BWI. It's just CL, Deluxe or a Cottage

Agreed...I wasn't clear...just saying the pix would have been from Deluxe..(or CL)...just not the cottages:).

We're a heavy Epcot family (second only to MK) and the one little thing about GF that tends to bug me is access to Epcot. It just "feels" like more of a process to go there from GF than other places, and we sometimes find ourselves using Minnie Van / Uber / Lyft / Taxi to get to/from Epcot rather than the monorail.

It doesn't necessarily sway our decision making, but it's somewhere on the list of resort locational pros/cons for us.

Unsolicited opinion, a GF / YC split would be a nice compromise if your trip is long enough.

I love the idea of a split stay and will keep that in mind for a longer trip in the future! This is just a long weekend :) We'll arrive Saturday morning and leave Tuesday morning. So parks Saturday afternoon, Sunday, and Monday. We'll go to MK, Epcot, and HS. AK will be spur of the moment if we decide to park hop.

I love the idea of a split stay and will keep that in mind for a longer trip in the future! This is just a long weekend :) We'll arrive Saturday morning and leave Tuesday morning. So parks Saturday afternoon, Sunday, and Monday. We'll go to MK, Epcot, and HS. AK will be spur of the moment if we decide to park hop.

Hmmm... tough call there.

When I'm at a MK resort I miss the convenience of the Epcot resorts (walking to both parks, so many dining options, etc). When I'm at a Epcot resort I miss MK fireworks, the EWP, the vibe of the Seven Seas Lagoon. So many good things about both options.

Ultimately for us, short trips = location convenience and ways to minimize "wasted" time on transportation. For that reason we've often done places like CR or the Epcot resorts for long weekends where we can use our own two feet to have some level of control over our time.

Always so hard to pick though!

Since it is a short trip, I recommend staying at an Epcot resort. Two parks within walking distance and the bus transportation to MK is not bad at all. Enjoy your trip.

Very easy choice here!!

YC !!!

2 of the 3 parks you plan to visit are so close, walk to Epcot or HS or boat, and also consider taking the Skyliner over to HS.

Bus service at YC is good. First on First off FYI.

So much more convenience to be offered at YC.....IMO.

That’s my .02 hope that helps..... :thumbsup2

I've stayed at all 3 and love both GF RPC & YC CL. With that said, since it's a short trip and you're doing Epcot, DHS, & MK, I'd go with YC CL for the transportation convenience. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Always so hard to pick though!

Definitely hard to choose as there are so many great options!

YC !!!

2 of the 3 parks you plan to visit are so close, walk to Epcot or HS or boat, and also consider taking the Skyliner over to HS.

Bus service at YC is good. First on First off FYI.

So much more convenience to be offered at YC.....IMO.

:thumbsup2

Just beginning to think about a future trip. It will be a short trip during Spring break, so I want to take advantage of the CL extra FPs. Looking at GDT, but as I’m searching random dates look at pricing differences, I notice that the standard CL room is rarely available. Are there not many standard CL rooms available? Wondering if I should book room only ahead of packages coming out. Anyone have any insight on this room category?

Jpmoore, we are staying at GDT standard club level room the last week in March. We booked our room on 8/13/19 and they have been sold out for many/all dates ever since. Of course the GDT had just opened, which probably affected the popularity, but with the relatively reasonable price and great reviews, I expect they’ll continue to book very early!

I’m going with the majority... YC CL! First, because we love YC CL. We haven’t stayed at SL so I can’t comment on that one. But there is no way I would stay at RPC for a short trip when we’re planning so much park time. When we stay there, I plan lots of down time to enjoy the lounge offerings & atmosphere. No point paying that kind of money for RPC if you’re not there to enjoy it.

I’m going with the majority... YC CL! First, because we love YC CL. We haven’t stayed at SL so I can’t comment on that one. But there is no way I would stay at RPC for a short trip when we’re planning so much park time. When we stay there, I plan lots of down time to enjoy the lounge offerings & atmosphere. No point paying that kind of money for RPC if you’re not there to enjoy it.

True! And we have little kids so if we are going to be at the resort... the pool at Yacht Club looks amazing!

True! And we have little kids so if we are going to be at the resort... the pool at Yacht Club looks amazing!

It is! And there are so many activities for kids at the pool too. I don’t know how old your kids are, but YC has a sandy pool area & shallow pool with a small slide. But there is no splash area like GF has. If your kids would prefer the splash pad activity, GF might be a better choice.

It is! And there are so many activities for kids at the pool too. I don’t know how old your kids are, but YC has a sandy pool area & shallow pool with a small slide. But there is no splash area like GF has. If your kids would prefer the splash pad activity, GF might be a better choice.

they are 4 and 6. They like slides a lot.

Of those 3 CLs I much prefer RPC from the CL and resort POV. However, given your circumstances and the parks you will be going to, I would choose the YC. The pool is awesome, and you can walk to both Epcot and DHS. So despite liking the GF better than the YC and RPC better than the Regatta Club (it’s not that I don’t like both, I just prefer the GF) I would do the YC for your particular trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter