• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

More and more of the resorts are eliminating them. I know BWI put in a tap for filtered (still and sparking) water. You can fill up your bottles or sometimes they have bottles out to fill and take to your room but no more small bottles. I think others are getting the tap too. As that spreads, the individual bottles will continue to disappear.
Oddly enough, the only time we’ve stayed CL at a resort and had the bottles readily available and kept cold was our stay at RPC earlier this month. They had a small fridge stocked with the 8 oz Dasani and a few seltzer's. We did have small waters available before at the gf, but never kept cold, just out on a tray. We’ve never had bottled water at any other CL for the past 9-10 yrs

Oddly enough, the only time we’ve stayed CL at a resort and had the bottles readily available and kept cold was our stay at RPC earlier this month. They had a small fridge stocked with the 8 oz Dasani and a few seltzer's. We did have small waters available before at the gf, but never kept cold, just out on a tray. We’ve never had bottled water at any other CL for the past 9-10 yrs

They also had them out at GF SL this summer... on one particular day two kids kept coming downstairs to get as many waters as they could and then would run back to the elevator laughing. I overheard a heard a CM complaining that was the second time she had to restock them in a half hour and didn’t know why they kept putting them out. After that, they started limiting the number of bottles they put out at once, but they were still there everyday. Unfortunately, there will be people that will ruin it for others.

CL fastpass question....can I just ask for the 3 CL fastpasses and wait on some of the others? For example at Epcot, we will want Soarin', TT and Frozen. I might ask for a Journey into the Imagination, but with Spaceship Earth down there isn't a lot I need FPs there (Mission Space makes me sick). I know I will have 6 at the studios, but again at AK we will probably ask for FOP, Navi, Lion King, and Everest and that would be it.
I don’t know how long your trip is or if you would park hop, but you can split up your CLFP. For example, you could CLFP TT and Frozen on your AK day. Then pick up Soarin’ as a tier 1 on a regular fp day or swap out and park hop on another CLFP day.

PRC is the one place we did see them recently

Jpmoore, we are staying at GDT standard club level room the last week in March. We booked our room on 8/13/19 and they have been sold out for many/all dates ever since. Of course the GDT had just opened, which probably affected the popularity, but with the relatively reasonable price and great reviews, I expect they’ll continue to book very early!
I read an article online that stated that there were very limited standard club level rooms at GDT. Now, who knows exactly what that means, but makes me think that most club rooms are the suites and that I need to book a room only standard club level room when it becomes available for my dates. I’m assuming I can easily add tickets or create a package when they open up? We’re just starting to plan and probably won’t go until Spring 2022... so far away.

WL CL had the 8oz Dasani bottles in the frig when we were there this past August.
I haven’t stayed CL at WL since just before they started the CC work, so maybe 2015. They didn’t have them back then, but things change by the week so that’s ancient history now lol.

I read an article online that stated that there were very limited standard club level rooms at GDT. Now, who knows exactly what that means, but makes me think that most club rooms are the suites and that I need to book a room only standard club level room when it becomes available for my dates. I’m assuming I can easily add tickets or create a package when they open up? We’re just starting to plan and probably won’t go until Spring 2022... so far away.
No, not really. A room only can't be converted to package (and vice versa)
They require cancelling and rebooking and just having a room booked won't mean you can get the same room with a package.
If you aren't adding dining (free or paid) there's no need to make it a package. You can buy tickets elsewhere. Keep room only.

A few pages back some people were talking about the CL FP+. It made me actually start considering it for the first time. (I can’t believe I’m considering spending MORE money, but...) We’d buy 3 days, one for the day we switch over to YC CL (probably a MK 1/2 day) and then one for HS and EP and then no parks on check-out day—just swim and enjoy the CL. DH is balking at the $450 price—understandably. Has anyone done the CL FP’s. Any opinions or advice? Thanks so much.

A few pages back some people were talking about the CL FP+. It made me actually start considering it for the first time. (I can’t believe I’m considering spending MORE money, but...) We’d buy 3 days, one for the day we switch over to YC CL (probably a MK 1/2 day) and then one for HS and EP and then no parks on check-out day—just swim and enjoy the CL. DH is balking at the $450 price—understandably. Has anyone done the CL FP’s. Any opinions or advice? Thanks so much.

There’s a whole thread dedicated to CL FP’s that should help you. Good luck deciding!!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...ing-discussion.3657573/page-138#post-61564877

Last edited:

I'll share with you our logic for the expense....we're in park for 4 full days, and one half day on our transfer day. The main purpose of our trip is AK/Pandora, and HS/Galaxy's Edge. We'd like to ride FoP multiple times on our AK day without having to wait in looooong standby lines. Since we're doing the CL FP+ program, we can FP both of them (one regular/Navi, one CL/FoP) and do both at rope drop as well, so that we can ride multiple times on our AK day. Same logic goes for HS/Smuggler's.

For us, with a shorter than usual Disney trip (this is our first time staying less than a week), it makes sense. Given that this will probably be the last time I get DH to agree to a Disney vacation, it's important FOR US to get to the stuff we want to get to with the shortest possible waits. Our general touring style is rope drop, "break" in the afternoons for in park shows/pool if desired, back to the parks for dinner and finishing out the night. We think the CL program fits in nicely with how we generally tour. By scheduling our FPs for the morning, we can still get FP #4+ if they're available, if not, we'll catch shows or whatever until dinner, then our CL FPs kick in after dinner.

The other big "selling point" for me was that they'll book our regular FPs at 90 days (for the days we use the program) as well. Especially since there's a ton of new stuff for us to do, it gives us a chance to get ahead of most of the crowd @ 60 days out. We've been fortunate enough to make a few trips to Disney, so we never feel like we have to "do it all". But we do want to "do what we want to do".

Here's how we plan on using them:

Arrival day-Everyone: Regular FP for Epcot, check in when room ready, CL FP for MK in the evening (presumably, when things are picked over/gone)

1st HS Day-Everyone: Regular FPs in the morning, CL FP in the evenings (leaving the afternoons open for shows, if desired, and picking up 4th+ FPs if available)

AK Day-Dh and I Day #3: DH and I will do the program, the boys have chosen not to this day. Reg FPs in the morning, CL in the afternoon/evening, with our "break" in the middle for shows or 4th+ FPs.

2nd HS day Boys Day #3: Half day in the parks for DH and I (V&A ressie this evening). The boys will use their 3rd day of CL access in HS this day.

Check out day: We'll grab what we can FP wise when our 60 day window opens up. But this way, our 1st two days are covered for everyone, and then we can all use the 3rd day of access as we'd like to maximize our individual trip goals.

Granted, this is our PLAN. We can't book anything until the end of April, so it's not first hand "this worked for us" with the CL program.

Very helpful. Thank you!
I'll share with you our logic for the expense....we're in park for 4 full days, and one half day on our transfer day. The main purpose of our trip is AK/Pandora, and HS/Galaxy's Edge. We'd like to ride FoP multiple times on our AK day without having to wait in looooong standby lines. Since we're doing the CL FP+ program, we can FP both of them (one regular/Navi, one CL/FoP) and do both at rope drop as well, so that we can ride multiple times on our AK day. Same logic goes for HS/Smuggler's.

For us, with a shorter than usual Disney trip (this is our first time staying less than a week), it makes sense. Given that this will probably be the last time I get DH to agree to a Disney vacation, it's important FOR US to get to the stuff we want to get to with the shortest possible waits. Our general touring style is rope drop, "break" in the afternoons for in park shows/pool if desired, back to the parks for dinner and finishing out the night. We think the CL program fits in nicely with how we generally tour. By scheduling our FPs for the morning, we can still get FP #4+ if they're available, if not, we'll catch shows or whatever until dinner, then our CL FPs kick in after dinner.

The other big "selling point" for me was that they'll book our regular FPs at 90 days (for the days we use the program) as well. Especially since there's a ton of new stuff for us to do, it gives us a chance to get ahead of most of the crowd @ 60 days out. We've been fortunate enough to make a few trips to Disney, so we never feel like we have to "do it all". But we do want to "do what we want to do".

Here's how we plan on using them:

Arrival day-Everyone: Regular FP for Epcot, check in when room ready, CL FP for MK in the evening (presumably, when things are picked over/gone)

1st HS Day-Everyone: Regular FPs in the morning, CL FP in the evenings (leaving the afternoons open for shows, if desired, and picking up 4th+ FPs if available)

AK Day-Dh and I Day #3: DH and I will do the program, the boys have chosen not to this day. Reg FPs in the morning, CL in the afternoon/evening, with our "break" in the middle for shows or 4th+ FPs.

2nd HS day Boys Day #3: Half day in the parks for DH and I (V&A ressie this evening). The boys will use their 3rd day of CL access in HS this day.

Check out day: We'll grab what we can FP wise when our 60 day window opens up. But this way, our 1st two days are covered for everyone, and then we can all use the 3rd day of access as we'd like to maximize our individual trip goals.

Granted, this is our PLAN. We can't book anything until the end of April, so it's not first hand "this worked for us" with the CL program.

Just beginning to think about a future trip. It will be a short trip during Spring break, so I want to take advantage of the CL extra FPs. Looking at GDT, but as I’m searching random dates look at pricing differences, I notice that the standard CL room is rarely available. Are there not many standard CL rooms available? Wondering if I should book room only ahead of packages coming out. Anyone have any insight on this room category?
We stayed at GDT from 2/8-2/12-CL-tower with a standard view and it was amazing! You can go to the club-Chronos-to watch the fireworks each night. I wanted a water view, but there weren't any open. Our room was also on the club floor, 15th, which was super convenient. Overall we were very impressed, plus the staff gave us 3 FP's each day to use at the park we were going to, just amazing.

I did it last Oct for A FEW reasons.

A busy holiday weekend

Tiers at HS were awful and Epcot not good either

A 1st timer was with us

It worked great! I used the purchased passes for EPCOT and HS to get 3 good rides. I used regualar fp for MK and AKL because a decent amount of rides available .

I did not do it this past weekend and boy it was rough. At rode drop it was so busy we got one ride and that was it. I wont wait 30+ mins.

I think I will do again for next Fall. It was worth it for headliners and time management.

We stayed at GDT from 2/8-2/12-CL-tower with a standard view and it was amazing! You can go to the club-Chronos-to watch the fireworks each night. I wanted a water view, but there weren't any open. Our room was also on the club floor, 15th, which was super convenient. Overall we were very impressed, plus the staff gave us 3 FP's each day to use at the park we were going to, just amazing.
We got 3 each extra our last day. Makes for a good trip!

Had a lovely stay in the new Riviera Resort 1 bedroom villa.

Can't say enough good things.

However I AM BROKE.

Club Level saves me $$$, not kidding!!

So happy my next trip is BWI cl. I AM READY!!!!
DH and I are making a very quick trip in March (for opening of MMRR) and have CL booked (at YC due to how inexpensive it was)
I am toying with moving to non-CL and can't make the change. I know we'll use it, even with a very short, 2 day trip. And we get a place to go on our last day, since we fly out so late. I know we'll really miss it if I book a stay without CL

I just really don't want to stay at YC, but it was such a lower price than the others.

ETA - the other option I've considered is booking the 3rd night even though we'll fly out instead of spending the night in it. I can do that at POR for less than 2 CL nights I've booked now. Still, no breakfast, or dinner there. Or drinks. Drinks is the big thing, even if they serve them

Had a lovely stay in the new Riviera Resort 1 bedroom villa.

Can't say enough good things.

However I AM BROKE.

Club Level saves me $$$, not kidding!!

So happy my next trip is BWI cl. I AM READY!!!!
My DH actually says that CL could save us money, with 4 boys eating!! It's just unfortunate that it's 4 instead of 3, because now we are limited to BWI and WL if we want to stay CL (darned baby B lol. I kid...).

My DH actually says that CL could save us money, with 4 boys eating!! It's just unfortunate that it's 4 instead of 3, because now we are limited to BWI and WL if we want to stay CL (darned baby B lol. I kid...).
I guess you could pick your favorite 3 kids (of the moment, since I'm sure it changes) :rotfl2:
Use it as incentive for good behavior.... Behave to make the cut :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter