Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi! I'm joining this thread as I recently booked Boardwalk Inn club level for August 27 - September 2. We weren't planning on going to Disney this year but with the Sun & Fun discount we were able to make it work. The club level was just a bonus as that's what was available for our dates and group size. I have 4 kids so I'm hoping we can save money by utilizing the lounge for meals. In people's experience do you use the lounge as meal replacement or just snacking/desserts? I can definitely see us using it for breakfast every morning but less sure about lunch and dinner. Thanks!
BWI is now my favorite CL because I could actually make meals out of all of their food services, I actually ended up eating almost all of my meals there during this stay and it was glorious.

I keep rethinking my CL choice of bwi because the grand floridian looks so beautiful and relaxing. But I keep seeing so many people rave about BWI! We’ve stayed at CL AKL and YC. I loved the food at YC and the location. A couple of you have said BwI is your favorite. If you’ve stayed at others why do you prefer BWI?

I keep rethinking my CL choice of bwi because the grand floridian looks so beautiful and relaxing. But I keep seeing so many people rave about BWI! We’ve stayed at CL AKL and YC. I loved the food at YC and the location. A couple of you have said BwI is your favorite. If you’ve stayed at others why do you prefer BWI?
Personally, I've never met a club level that I didn't enjoy :)
I love, love, love, BWI, it's true, but first and foremost because I love the location of BWI (and BWV) as a whole.
I do enjoy the lounge at BWI, but BWI is a favorite due to many factors that my family appreciates.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay at The Grand Floridian. You definitely should try it. We do prefer Royal Palm Club in the main building over Sugar Loaf Club which is located in an outer building, but I wouldn't steer you away from either.
Enjoy whatever you end up choosing!

I may have just stated that everyone should try out every club level at Disney at some point :)

Edit:
Full disclosure, I've never been to Animal Kingdom Lodge or the new Gran Destino Tower (though I've cancelled reservations twice in favor of my favored BWI)

I’m sorry if this question has been asked, but I could not find it.

Are the 3 extra FastPasses guaranteed to be available for purchase at Club Level? I am considering Gran Destino Club level for our trip next year, primarily due to the ability to purchase CLFPs. But it makes me nervous that I can’t find any official info about the extra FPs on the website. The Signature Service section lists a lot of perks but nothing about additional FPS. Is this an unofficial offering? Am I just missing this info on Disney’s site somehow?

Are the 3 extra FastPasses guaranteed to be available for purchase at Club Level? I am considering Gran Destino Club level for our trip next year, primarily due to the ability to purchase CLFPs. But it makes me nervous that I can’t find any official info about the extra FPs on the website. The Signature Service section lists a lot of perks but nothing about additional FPS. Is this an unofficial offering? Am I just missing this info on Disney’s site somehow?

I do not have personal experience with them, however, this thread is dedicated to the CL FP’s and should be able to help! Good luck!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...purchase-program-planning-discussion.3657573/

Once you purchase them, they are guaranteed.

If you are hypothesizing about a future vacation, there is always the chance that the program may be discontinued.

Thank you!

That is my fear. Seems like it’s still a “trial.”
It's been around for a while though. Contact DSS as soon as you book. Pay your fee. Once you pay, you're golden. IF something did change, you'd be in the window for a full refund. Once you actually set the FPs at 90 days, that is not going to change.
My family has done these several times now. It's a nice perk. Stop your stressing!

A little FYI: looks like Disney quietly raised resort rates again. I checked some September dates vs. the list Mousesavers posted when 2020 rates were released & sure enough, every night I checked is up.
Yeah, after I replied to one of those I found my emailed receipts for my two BB discounts and went to find those rooms now with the increase to see the difference. My Poly room wasn’t much different, only about a $20 difference, but my CR CL room went up almost $200. Pretty happy I snagged the previous rates and the BB now, that hike is definitely significant for our budget and I probably wouldn’t have booked that room if I were booking now.

I recall a while back some advice to contact the specific CL at the resort 2 weeks before checking in order for them to accommodate food allergies with the offerings, in addition to letting DSS know. Does anyone have the number for Poly CL? I already notified DSS who put my allergy on our reservation but I would like to have that number on hand as our trip is approaching.

DSS continues to stress that this is still a trial. It was first made available 3/2018 so it's been available for two years now, but they do still make the "trial" note on the phone. They will only discuss the program via phone, there are no written details or advertising about it anywhere on Disney's website. Disney doesn't promote the program in any way.

FYI, you can't actually book/pay for these until 90 days from your check-out date. If they were to discontinue the program 91 days before your check-out date, you'd likely be out of luck (unless they were to grandfather in CL reservations already booked, but that seems unlikely to me). So it's not something you can book/secure right now if your trip is next year.

In addition to the discussion thread that was noted above, this post on one of the FP stickies on the Theme Park boards has a detailed description of the program: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...nytime-bonus-fps-cl-fps.3538258/post-56320893

Happy to answer any questions!

DSS continues to stress that this is still a trial. It was first made available 3/2018 so it's been available for two years now, but they do still make the "trial" note on the phone. They will only discuss the program via phone, there are no written details or advertising about it anywhere on Disney's website. Disney doesn't promote the program in any way.

FYI, you can't actually book/pay for these until 90 days from your check-out date. If they were to discontinue the program 91 days before your check-out date, you'd likely be out of luck (unless they were to grandfather in CL reservations already booked, but that seems unlikely to me). So it's not something you can book/secure right now if your trip is next year.

In addition to the discussion thread that was noted above, this post on one of the FP stickies on the Theme Park boards has a detailed description of the program: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...nytime-bonus-fps-cl-fps.3538258/post-56320893

Happy to answer any questions!

This is exactly the information I needed, thank you. Man, I’m so torn now. Without the ability to buy extra FPS, Gran Destino falls far down my list of resort picks. It’s a gamble for sure!

Does anyone know if there is a special email for each resort- I’m looking for AKL. Or should I just use the general email?

This is exactly the information I needed, thank you. Man, I’m so torn now. Without the ability to buy extra FPS, Gran Destino falls far down my list of resort picks. It’s a gamble for sure!
You are not married to any booking. If you book a room-only (not package), you can cancel or modify up to 5 days before check-in with no penalty. Meaning, if 5 days before, you want to cancel, you get your full deposit back. If you book a package, you just have to cancel or modify at least 30 days before. If you think this will be a good option for you with CLFP, there is no downside to booking it now and changing or cancelling if they discontinue the CLFP program.

We easily use it for meal replacement, when we don’t we often aren’t very hungry for our meals. The BWI was particularly good for a meal replacement for dinner with their chef cooked apps that were delicious. Anywhere is a great at breakfast, we only eat breakfast elsewhere if we leave too early or for a favorite character breakfast. We still make our favorite ADRs or ADRs when we’re in a park for long hours, but try to eat on the lounge when we’re around. My DH jokes that with 4 boys CL saves us money!

Thanks so much - my younger two kids are on the picky side (mac & cheese, chicken fingers, etc.). Did you think there was enough that appealed to kids at dinner? Worst case we can pick up a quick service somewhere for them if they can't find anything but from what I've seen so far they can at least pick some light items.

It's definitely enough for breakfast, we only go to 1 or 2 character breakfasts, the reat are in the lounge. We usually do 1 sit down a day. My husband and 15yo like a real meal.. they are big eaters. It really depends if you have picky or big eaters. We like food and enjoy the restaurants at disney.

Thanks for the feedback. We did a lot of character meals when we were on the dining plan the past two meals so right now I don't have any in our plan, however we also like taking breaks in the park to eat and relax so I'm trying to decide on that. Our 180 days is tomorrow - usually I'd have everything ready to go but since we just booked this week I haven't planned anything yet but with the lounge I'm not as worried.

The Poly is an amazing resort, you will love it! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Welcome to the CL thread :welcome:

Congrats on booking BWI CL, it's an awesome resort/CL! When we stay CL we tend to utilize the lounge quite a bit. We not only like it for just sitting/relaxing/taking a break, but we also enjoy the food offerings. We always have breakfast in the lounge and often find ourselves there during other food service times throughout the day/night. Hope you have a great trip :).

That's what I'm most excited about. Just being able to check in to see the offerings in the lounge and having a nice place outside the room to relax. Thanks!

We stay CL exclusively any more
For the reason that we can make all our meals in the lounge, unless we just want to go somewhere to eat
DH and I are big eaters. Too big, but that's a different subject.
Still, we get stuffed to the gills at breakfast and are more than full at dinner. Lunch is where we are more flexible. IF we are at the resort (more on this point later) then we can make lunch from what is offered. However, we are not always there then. Which brings me to the "more on that later" part. If you are not in the lounge for service times then the best of offerings won't be helpful. Most find they do need to adjust their touring styles. Comando park goers are not going to make much use of it, for example. Someone who must eat a meat and 3 for dinner are not going to make much use of it. I can't speak first hand but I suspect a vegetarian, especially vegan, is not going to be able to make much use of it.
Desserts is the one meal we rarely go to the lounge for. We are late sleepers, never rope drop. So we get up, have breakfast at the end of the service, often sticking around until snacks begin (11:00). Then we head out to the parks for a few hours and then back for dinner at the end of that service (6:30-7:00) and then back out to close the parks.
Our other typical day is we do get up for breakfast earlier, making it out to the parks about 9:00. If we want lunch at the lounge we had back to the resort at the end of snack/mid day, about 4:00 and stick around till dinner and then head back to the parks.
Typically our meal that we eat out will be lunch. Rarely ever dinner. If it is dinner we'll make it very late and still have small bites of the apps at night.

Thanks for all the detailed information! We usually try to rope drop (or close to it) and I"m thinking in August we especially will because of the heat so I like the idea of doing a sit down for lunch at the park before we come back to BWI in the afternoon to rest and do the pool. Then have dinner at the lounge and go back out. We will have park hoppers and I want to make the most of being close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios in the evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter