Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I know you stay at BWI a lot. When we were there in December, there were several times when the lounge was just closed. Is that unusual? (Like really early and really late)
It closes at night after desserts and doesn't reopen until breakfast. So it's closed overnight. Otherwise, I've never seen their door closed once they open for breakfast.

It closes at night after desserts and doesn't reopen until breakfast. So it's closed overnight. Otherwise, I've never seen their door closed once they open for breakfast.
Okay. That was my experience, so not 24/7. I get up really early and like to be able to go somewhere quiet and away from the room so I don’t bother my traveling partners. I liked that about YC CL and am glad to be able to go to the lounge at AKL in a couple of weeks. I retired at the end of December, but I can’t shake my 5:00 am rise and shine!

So...Disney math has spawned Disneyaddonitis! Told DH & DS (who thankfully has graduated from college and has a nicely paying job so he can contribute his share to this trip!), both were happier with the change than I expected. Then we started talking about adding CL FP. Maybe we should get 1 AP for TIW. And gee, if we go to MNSSHP we don't need CL FP those days so we can use them to reride some of the new headliners and if we do Wild Africa Trek again we use the extras on FOP, etc, etc, etc...This was supposed to be a budget trip. Darn Disney math gets me everytime!!!

Last edited:
So...Disney math has spawned Disneyaddonitis! Told DH & DS (who thankfully has graduated from college and has a nicely paying job so he can contribute his share to this trip!), both were happier with the change than I epected. Then we started talking about adding CL FP. Maybe we should get 1 AP for TIW. And gee, if we go to MNSSHP we don't need CL FP those days so we can use them to reride some of the new headliners and if we do Wild Africa Trek again we use the extras on FOP, etc, etc, etc...This was supposed to be a budget trip. Darn Disney math gets me everytime!!!
I love Disney math! Enjoy the planning. It's great everyone is so enthused.

So I've been posting about how I can't decide on a resort. I went ahead and booked Sugarloaf today. I also kept my WL Cl. Grand Destino hasn't had any availability my week for months. Today the 2nd half was available (but I had to book longer then I need) so I booked that too. I tried modifying it to get the extra days off and it kept crashing. I think I have a sickness lol :rolleyes1

I love Disney math! Enjoy the planning. It's great everyone is so enthused.

So I've been posting about how I can't decide on a resort. I went ahead and booked Sugarloaf today. I also kept my WL Cl. Grand Destino hasn't had any availability my week for months. Today the 2nd half was available (but I had to book longer then I need) so I booked that too. I tried modifying it to get the extra days off and it kept crashing. I think I have a sickness lol :rolleyes1

Obviously I have the same "bug". I think it's contagious and that there is no cure other than planning another trip!

Okay. That was my experience, so not 24/7. I get up really early and like to be able to go somewhere quiet and away from the room so I don’t bother my traveling partners. I liked that about YC CL and am glad to be able to go to the lounge at AKL in a couple of weeks. I retired at the end of December, but I can’t shake my 5:00 am rise and shine!
There is a sitting area outside the lounge that would work for that. No services of course. Could grab something the night before

Just switched our stay for next week to WL. CL room was available to book.
I have no real idea on what exactly that means in regards to their refurb. One would assume that means it's done. Or at least somewhat done. Enough to have rooms open, and a lounge. It's only 2 nights but I think I'll email again to see what I can find out. If anything

I have no real idea on what exactly that means in regards to their refurb. One would assume that means it's done. Or at least somewhat done. Enough to have rooms open, and a lounge. It's only 2 nights but I think I'll email again to see what I can find out. If anything

Good luck! Hope they’re done!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Does anyone know if they have Coke Zero in the fridge at Old Faithful lounge? Also, i got the blue card in the mail from Disney signature and emailed them @ Disney.Signature.Services@DisneyWorld.com but I thought there was a direct phone number and email address specific to WL's Old Faithful signature service cast members. I tried searching this thread but I have not found it. Does anyone know if they do have a different email address and phone number? and if so will you message it to me?

They did tell me that coke zero is not stocked in the lounge which i find difficult to believe but i did have to ask for it at Kilimanjaro club lounge but they did start putting it in the fridge after several guests started asking for it. I can't stand the taste of Diet Coke and Coke is just too sweet for me. I know first world problems....but since this is a club level forum then hopefully I am not stepping on anyone's toes. TIA

When I was there this past November they always had Coke Zero in the CL lounge refrigerator.

Can I ask what made you switch? You know WL is one of my choices so hopefully you can give a quick review, recap. I apologize now for all the questions I may ask you lol. ;)

Can I ask what made you switch? You know WL is one of my choices so hopefully you can give a quick review, recap. I apologize now for all the questions I may ask you lol. ;)
Hah, you may be sorry you asked. I'm a chronic resort switcher on many trips, or at least chronically looking for what other options pop up. Only when I stay at BWI do I stay put. We'd started off at YC when I thought MMRR opening would need us to walk to HS. When FP came out I started looking for other choices, we don't love YC. Found CR but at full price. Booked it anyway, thinking surely something would open closer to MK. Then GF came open, main buliding. Discount price was good so I booked it even though again, I didn't really want to stay there. It was just an easy choice to get to MK early. So I continued my search in hopes something else would open
In this case, WL is a favorite of my husbands but we haven't been since last January. It's in dire need of a refurb so I'd been holding off returning till it was done. When I was doing my 3 times a day check for options for next week I saw it pop up and it was an obvious choice to switch. To get WL, which he loves (and I like a lot, don't get me wrong) and CL and know that they've just finished the rooms, well. Easy choice. We even made the choice to switch there for all 3 nights. I was over at SSR so I could walk to DS for dinner after we get in. We plan to move the next morning before heading to EMM at MK. Now, we'll not have to switch, so that's good. But we'll have to grab Uber to DS. Not a problem really.

MK does their special fireworks shows at 6:30pm and 11:50pm on both 12/30 and 12/31. Both shows are the same with the exception that the 11:50pm shows both nights also utilize a fireworks launch point from an island in the middle of the 7 Seas Lagoon, which brings the fireworks even closer in the view frame from Poly.

Poly and Poly CL doesn’t do anything particularly special for 12/30, but does for 12/31. The main beach area is reserved for Poly resort guests, and in that area there is another section with chairs set up for Poly CL guests. This area was reserved for both shows this past 12/31. For the late show, they set up a table with some cheap wine for adults and sprite for the kids.

On 12/31 the main beach area has a DJ and characters come out to dance with the kids. It’s a blast, especially for the little ones.

The lounge is stocked/staffed/open until around 12 on 12/31.

They did more “special” evening apps and such when I first did Poly CL on NYE a few years ago. It’s been more basic recently.

But it’s still a great spot. Poly tends to do slightly different setups on the beach every year (probably with each new manager). This past year the setup was fantastic - they really enforced access (not always Poly’s strongest attribute) and it was great evening.

Some photos attached, FWIW.

Thank you so much for the information! I'm definitely looking forward to bringing in the new year at Poly. We've also never stayed there, so it's very exciting all the way around.

Hah, you may be sorry you asked. I'm a chronic resort switcher on many trips, or at least chronically looking for what other options pop up. Only when I stay at BWI do I stay put. We'd started off at YC when I thought MMRR opening would need us to walk to HS. When FP came out I started looking for other choices, we don't love YC. Found CR but at full price. Booked it anyway, thinking surely something would open closer to MK. Then GF came open, main buliding. Discount price was good so I booked it even though again, I didn't really want to stay there. It was just an easy choice to get to MK early. So I continued my search in hopes something else would open
In this case, WL is a favorite of my husbands but we haven't been since last January. It's in dire need of a refurb so I'd been holding off returning till it was done. When I was doing my 3 times a day check for options for next week I saw it pop up and it was an obvious choice to switch. To get WL, which he loves (and I like a lot, don't get me wrong) and CL and know that they've just finished the rooms, well. Easy choice. We even made the choice to switch there for all 3 nights. I was over at SSR so I could walk to DS for dinner after we get in. We plan to move the next morning before heading to EMM at MK. Now, we'll not have to switch, so that's good. But we'll have to grab Uber to DS. Not a problem really.

I didn't realize you were a chronic switcher lol. I'm always surprised when you stay somewhere other then BWI. I somehow associate you with there since you like it so much. Just like GADisneydad is the Poly. Haha. Well enjoy and I can't wait to hear about it. Hopefully more info/pics will help me make up my mind. By the time you get back I may have 5 reports booked!

Hi! I'm joining this thread as I recently booked Boardwalk Inn club level for August 27 - September 2. We weren't planning on going to Disney this year but with the Sun & Fun discount we were able to make it work. The club level was just a bonus as that's what was available for our dates and group size. I have 4 kids so I'm hoping we can save money by utilizing the lounge for meals. In people's experience do you use the lounge as meal replacement or just snacking/desserts? I can definitely see us using it for breakfast every morning but less sure about lunch and dinner. Thanks!

Hi! I'm joining this thread as I recently booked Boardwalk Inn club level for August 27 - September 2. We weren't planning on going to Disney this year but with the Sun & Fun discount we were able to make it work. The club level was just a bonus as that's what was available for our dates and group size. I have 4 kids so I'm hoping we can save money by utilizing the lounge for meals. In people's experience do you use the lounge as meal replacement or just snacking/desserts? I can definitely see us using it for breakfast every morning but less sure about lunch and dinner. Thanks!
We easily use it for meal replacement, when we don’t we often aren’t very hungry for our meals. The BWI was particularly good for a meal replacement for dinner with their chef cooked apps that were delicious. Anywhere is a great at breakfast, we only eat breakfast elsewhere if we leave too early or for a favorite character breakfast. We still make our favorite ADRs or ADRs when we’re in a park for long hours, but try to eat on the lounge when we’re around. My DH jokes that with 4 boys CL saves us money!

It's definitely enough for breakfast, we only go to 1 or 2 character breakfasts, the reat are in the lounge. We usually do 1 sit down a day. My husband and 15yo like a real meal.. they are big eaters. It really depends if you have picky or big eaters. We like food and enjoy the restaurants at disney.

I'm definitely looking forward to bringing in the new year at Poly. We've also never stayed there, so it's very exciting all the way around.

The Poly is an amazing resort, you will love it! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Welcome to the CL thread :welcome:

Congrats on booking BWI CL, it's an awesome resort/CL! When we stay CL we tend to utilize the lounge quite a bit. We not only like it for just sitting/relaxing/taking a break, but we also enjoy the food offerings. We always have breakfast in the lounge and often find ourselves there during other food service times throughout the day/night. Hope you have a great trip :).

We stay CL exclusively any more
For the reason that we can make all our meals in the lounge, unless we just want to go somewhere to eat
DH and I are big eaters. Too big, but that's a different subject.
Still, we get stuffed to the gills at breakfast and are more than full at dinner. Lunch is where we are more flexible. IF we are at the resort (more on this point later) then we can make lunch from what is offered. However, we are not always there then. Which brings me to the "more on that later" part. If you are not in the lounge for service times then the best of offerings won't be helpful. Most find they do need to adjust their touring styles. Comando park goers are not going to make much use of it, for example. Someone who must eat a meat and 3 for dinner are not going to make much use of it. I can't speak first hand but I suspect a vegetarian, especially vegan, is not going to be able to make much use of it.
Desserts is the one meal we rarely go to the lounge for. We are late sleepers, never rope drop. So we get up, have breakfast at the end of the service, often sticking around until snacks begin (11:00). Then we head out to the parks for a few hours and then back for dinner at the end of that service (6:30-7:00) and then back out to close the parks.
Our other typical day is we do get up for breakfast earlier, making it out to the parks about 9:00. If we want lunch at the lounge we had back to the resort at the end of snack/mid day, about 4:00 and stick around till dinner and then head back to the parks.
Typically our meal that we eat out will be lunch. Rarely ever dinner. If it is dinner we'll make it very late and still have small bites of the apps at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter