Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I have been fortunate to have stayed at all but one cl resort and many several times.

I have never had "bad" service but some resorts have been consistently friendlier.

I have learned that they usually leave you alone for the most part unless YOU approach and chit chat first. (Remember many people do prefer to be left alone.)

'I'm so excited to try this cl, or I'm so glad to be back. '. I try that kind of thing and usually they will chat more with me the rest of the trip. Yes I will do this at morning and evening as needed so they know I want attention lol.

It just subtlety changes the way the trip goes. I get more greetings, and how was your day kind of thing.

I also find at times I get a little more TLC, if I ask for a wine to go a cm may ask what size or just bring a larger cup .

I don't monopolize their time. I chat when they not busy, mainly to thank them for making my trip special by doing what they do:flower1:
You’re good peeps. :flower:

Ha @Disneytam we’ve had that same brain freeze at international gateway. Everyone knows a grey goose slushy is best enjoyed while walking to Itlay for a Bellini. Just so darn convenient on the way out as well.

@JennLTX sweet report and excellent on getting all your FPs. I was the same with not thinking I’d use this when it first came out, but am really looking forward to what it opens up for our trip later this summer. I’ve got my spreadsheet ready!

Don’t know if the DSS CMs are also CL CMs, but we were checked in by a Meagan at AKL who was so funny and amazing. Loved her.

My AKL CL review

Let me preface by saying an African Safari is my dream vacation so I thought Animal Kingdom Lodge was my dream WDW stay. Apparently, it’s not. Not that it’s a bad resort, definitely not. Just wasn’t for me, at least, not completely.

For reference sake, we stayed March 1-7. I booked a few days before Christmas using the Disney Visa discount. For those dates, the rack rate was $670. I received 35% off bringing it down to $435/night. At that time, for that discount, the only other option was a bunk bed savanna view for $50 less than the Club option. Only $50 difference for CL? Seemed like a no-brainer.

Room location: Unobstructed savanna view was my priority, so I requested Kudu trail, near elevators. I was happy with my request. We were in room 4315. The blue dot, on the 4th floor.

Here’s our view.

131D30DE-45D9-4089-9A91-3B5ACDAF898B.jpeg

I made that request because according to google maps, Kudu trail CL rooms look (at least to me) to have less trees to block your view. I also wanted to be away from Arusha Rock, so I asked to be near elevators.

06EBC6B9-8394-4394-8D02-08045C9802A5.jpeg

My AKL CL review cont...

What follows is a list of the things that stood out, some good, some bad, some inbetween.

The good:

The CL food. Besides some stale crackers, everything was prepared well and nicely presented. The food can get adventurous, so it may not be for everyone. The good thing about CL is that it allows you to try foods you normally wouldn’t without committing to a full entree.

84961C6C-F58F-48EC-A1D2-5639A63C3E3E.jpeg 91BAB785-5DB2-49C7-B4EB-27BAAB17EE51.jpeg C2D9A01D-2050-4017-BAD5-E09CA03106C2.jpeg

1565BF21-366E-4843-A44F-1B5E23373F0B.jpeg 2B649A40-A056-440E-AC38-627C800F9C52.jpeg 3DE9EEF5-6B81-4C0A-A288-5FEC259A1624.jpeg

Concierge staff. All very friendly. Kept everything clean and well stocked.

Checkin. Went smoothly. We were met at the Porte-Cochere and walked up. Checkin took about 8 minutes. We were granted our room requests, received our goodie bag and were on our way.

Room cleanliness. Mousekeeping did a great job.

This wallpaper. I love it. Is this weird? It’s my favorite part of the room.

CC4DF57B-37B5-41BE-850C-37BC7B7C6721.jpeg

The savanna. Need I say more?

The tours. Had planned on taking them all, but some had to be cut. The culinary tour for Jiko and Boma was great, considering the cost: free. Definitely a highlight and a great way to meet fellow guests and get to know the cultural representatives better.

Hot breakfast. Yummy biscuits and gravy, hash, and turkey bobotie are now featured for Miamko. They rotate these dishes. I assume they’re supposed to be a different dish every morning but we had the turkey bobotie 3 mornings in a row. Probably because no one was eating it, except me. I piled my plate high with the stuff without shame because I never saw anyone else take any.

8D386B49-CD6A-48DC-9C84-1FEA62F378E8.jpeg

Favorite breakfast. Who knew a simple ham and cheese on croissant could be so satisfying? I was really impressed with the quality of all their deli meats, especially the bresaola.

B4AABC98-1519-4293-9CBA-D2A754BE2143.jpeg

This burger. Found at Victoria Falls. Not your typical burger. They’re yummy. I had 2. :) Tip: order more well done than rare, the brioche bun doesn’t stand up well to the extra juices from a rarer burger.

9B57A979-D9C0-4A05-AEDC-074BA32F32F1.jpeg

Fellow guests. Met some really lovely people and had some great conversations. Definitely a highlight.

My AKL CL review cont...

The bad:

The resort is dark. The only time I felt the sun was at the pool or parking lot. We go to FL for the sun, and I really missed it.

Our thermostat. Let me start by saying I normally get the best sleep of my life when I’m at WDW. A solid, unmoving 8 hours. It’s heaven. But my first 3 nights here, I barely got 4 (if that), because the room felt like a sauna by early, early morning. Even though I had planned a pretty relaxed trip, by the end of night 3, I had cancelled plans, my body was breaking down, and I was in tears. I was ready to checkout. I was actually longing for my last stay at All Star Sports if you can believe it. Anyway, the CL staff sent maintenance to our room twice and thermostat was overridden to 65 degrees on the 2nd visit. That helped, but not much. Day 4 we asked for a fan and kept the balcony door open when we slept. That did the trick, I finally slept through the night.

I don’t know what was going on with thermostat, but it would never get down to the set temp, even if we were in the room for hours. My husband is very sensitive to cold, and normally wears sweats to bed when traveling. He stays at hotels a lot because of work and the typical 68 degree room is freezing to him. However, those 3 nights, he was wearing shorts and a T-shirt to bed. He’s convinced the displayed temperature was nowhere near the actual temperature. I have to agree. What makes absolutely no sense to me is the fact that nights 4-6 we had the balcony door open a good two feet. Overnight lows averaged 50 degrees for those nights. The room was cool, but the displayed temp never dipped below 66. How is that possible?

(Btw, in case you missed it, Disney did compensate us nicely for our thermostat troubles.)

Morning coffee on the balcony. I know this has been talked about before but I’m reiterating. If you ever fantasized about taking your coffee while sitting on your balcony for sunrise and gazing at the animals, then don’t. It probably won’t happen. I believe I only spotted animals on 2 out of 6 mornings. And I’m not even talking about early morning, just morning. Change that fantasy to a glass of wine on the balcony at around 5 o’clock. Animals everywhere thanks to the Wanyama Safari.

77F3A87C-B308-4687-BA62-D588B49918D1.jpeg

The noise. It can be loud. I’m very quiet by nature, so the drum cafes, the primal parades, and the Boma opening ceremony were an unwelcome shock to my senses.

Activities calendar. I carved out 1 full day and 2 half days to take advantage of the resort activities. I designed my day around the times listed on the January calendar. Unfortunately, they changed the schedule in February and by then, Sanaa, Jiko, and Boma were pretty booked up and I wasn’t having much luck changing things around to fit the new schedule. So I kept what I had and hoped the February schedule was an aberration, it wasn’t. But since I checked in March 1st there was no way to know that. This is just a long winded way of warning you that if the resort activities (and ADRs) are important to you, and if your dates are flexible, then you may want to schedule your trip later in the month. That way you’ll have a chance of seeing the schedule before your departure.

DSS. I was immediately impressed because I received a call from them the day after I booked. However, it went downhill after that. Before our trip, I contacted them a few times about ADRs, FP, and booking a massage. Every time I called I was on hold. My last call, my hold time was nearly 20 minutes. I found it was much easier just to call the normal reservation line. I saw no benefit on contacting DSS. Btw, these calls were placed before the new CL extra FP thing was even introduced.

My AKL CL review cont...

The inbetween:

The CL food display. It seems to not have a set display and is up to the staff working that day. For example, sometimes they’d have beer out, sometimes not. Sometimes they’d have napkins by the plates, sometimes at the end. It’s just a small thing, but it got confusing.

CL menu. Didn’t seem to be always accurate. They advertise a pastrami salmon with capers and I never saw that. I was really looking forward to it too.

(I’d post photos of the menu but it hasn’t changed)

Requesting to-go items. Often I’d find myself waiting much longer than one would expect just for the CL staff to get a to-go cup for my iced tea. It would take so long that I’d wonder if they got lost. Is that back kitchen the TARDIS? Is it a lot bigger than you’d expect?

Overall:

Since we’ve been home I’ve been struggling to answer 2 questions: Would we go back? Would we recommend it? I don’t know. I definitely like CL. I’d recommend and will do that again. But AKL? Probably on resort-only or AK-only trips. I never thought I’d say this but it doesn’t feel like Disney to me. Which isn’t a bad thing. In the future, if I’m ever in the mood for an African adventure, and not Disney, then I’d happily stay there.

Well there it is. Totally not the review I was expecting to write. I thought I’d come home chomping at the bit to buy a resale AKL DVC contract. That didn’t happen.

Also...

Thanks to everyone for all the help with my planning! I’m very grateful! :flower3:

If anyone has questions, I’d be happy to answer.

This post was bigger than I expected. Sorry for being a thread hog.

My AKL CL review cont...

The inbetween:

The CL food display. It seems to not have a set display and is up to the staff working that day. For example, sometimes they’d have beer out, sometimes not. Sometimes they’d have napkins by the plates, sometimes at the end. It’s just a small thing, but it got confusing.

CL menu. Didn’t seem to be always accurate. They advertise a pastrami salmon with capers and I never saw that. I was really looking forward to it too.

Requesting to-go items. Often I’d find myself waiting much longer than one would expect just for the CL staff to get a to-go cup for my iced tea. It would take so long that I’d wonder if they got lost. Is that back kitchen the TARDIS? Is it a lot bigger than you’d expect?

Overall:

Since we’ve been home I’ve been struggling to answer 2 questions: Would we go back? Would we recommend it? I don’t know. I definitely like CL. I’d recommend and will do that again. But AKL? Probably on resort-only or AK-only trips. I never thought I’d say this but it doesn’t feel like Disney to me. Which isn’t a bad thing. In the future, if I’m ever in the mood for an African adventure, and not Disney, then I’d happily stay there.

Well there it is. Totally not the review I was expecting to write. I thought I’d come home chomping at the bit to buy a resale AKL DVC contract. That didn’t happen.

Also...

Thanks to everyone for all the help with my planning! I’m very grateful! :flower3:

I need cold to sleep too! I generally override the thermostat first minute I'm in the room. I can't remember what type they had at akl but our room was cold last year.

My dh won't go back there due to dark rooms. ( he was t with me last year, just the kids).I however enjoyed the different themeing for a change of pace.

My room was opposite of yours , across the savanah. We did have lots of animals in the morning. Our trip was in January so maybe that makes a difference?

Overall for $50 you probably got your monies worth and a new experience.

Where you heading next time? FYI gf sl had a great rate for January with the disney visa if need ideas for next year.

Thanks for the review. I always enjoy seeing a place I've been and reminiscing.

Quick review of Beach Club CL...
Let me begin by saying I was really disappointed in BC... Will not stay there CL again. Possibly YC for SAB...
No greeting.
No smiles.
No welcome.
Unable to access 5th floor upon arrival with room text as I didn't know I needed to use my magic band. Went back out and found Monty Ray (awesome gentleman) who then showed me how to get upstairs. I was a wee bit embarrassed at that.
No decaffeinated tea ( I know, sounds fussy, but for crying out loud, it was in my room and in the lobby shop, why not available in the lounge?)
No itinerary, until day 4, after I asked about it.
We actually waved at 2 concierge CMs as we were getting off the elevator one evening, who were chatting with each other, and they turned away from us. No return wave, no hi, etc.
Our room.was not serviced completely one day, beds were made, but no products, no bath towels, and no face cloths.
Drawers would not close completely and blinds were broken. (Would not go up)
Windows were absolutely filthy. Seriously dirty in the lounge area.
No bottled water, for anyone. Not even to drink right there.
I could absolutely handle the not finished room, I figure the mousekeepers got interrupted, etc. No worries. But added to everything else it just showed poor guest relations.

Positive points:
Room was lovely.
Food was very good. All the snacks, desserts, etc.
Staff in lobby shop and bell services, in fact everywhere else were excellent.
By day 4, another group of Concierge CMs were on duty, and they were far more helpful.
CM assisted my DD in changing and rearranging FPs, cheerfully...
A complete change of attitude after day 4.

Sooooo, we are looking at WL CL or CR CL, next February.
Our experience at BC is hopefully never repeated.
We were chatting with another guest in the lounge, who happens to be a TA, she also had concerns. A 3rd guest overheard and said that she was not greeted as well, and was not happy with her BC stay. The general consensus at that time was other resorts do it much better. It just seems to show a general lack of disregard for positive guest relations.
Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer".
But, not much positive to report.

Btw, the other parts of our trip were good, but I do notice less staff in general, dirtier restrooms, lack of TP, etc.
I noticed other cutbacks, but that's not about Club level.
Thanks for listening!

We have tried the BC CL 3 times and only once we had some what friendly CMs. They would just ignore you as you past. We even had CMs get annoyed if you asked for something when the lounge was closed. The last time we stayed there we had my parents with us. When we were there they closing the lounge after breakfast and we weren't getting on the ME until around 2pm. My dad was not up to walking to EPCOT so he wanted to relax in the lounge and they wouldn't let him stay and we had checked out of the room already because they would not give us a late check out. We asked several CMs and they made him leave and it was after the renovation so the CL lounge was big and he could have stayed with one of us at the other end of it. It left us saying that we would not stay there again. We stayed at the YC twice and had very nice CMs each time. So 2 completely different hotels.

connecticut nonna said no itinerary available until day 4. What is that?
You receive a daily itinerary of YOUR schedule, including fast passes, ADRs, and anything else you've planned. (ie: Fireworks dessert parties). Unfortunately, our "daily" itinerary didn't start getting delivered until day 4. It would have been nice for days 2 & 3...

My AKL CL review cont...

The inbetween:

Overall:

Also...

Thanks for the review. AK CL is the last CL that we have to try. We love all of the AK restaurants. We are looking to stay there on our next trip but will look to stay there when we go to AK or want to relax at the hotel. I would not like the transportation back and forth to MK.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the review. AK CL is the last CL that we have to try. We love all of the AK restaurants. We are looking to stay there on our next trip but will look to stay there when we go to AK or want to relax at the hotel. I would not like the transportation back and forth to MK.
Thanks again.
That was my biggest fear was buses at akl. In the end I felt they came more often and were less crowded vs all other resorts I have stayed which is all but SSR.

Leaving mono resorts via bus can be a long time between buses. Also leaving Hs waiting for a bus to a mono resort you will see many repeat buses while you wait and wait.

The boardwalk area all share many hours of the day so it feels like a long time.

Sometimes we shared akl with villas but most times it was direct.

It is a quick 15 min ride from akl to MK or other park because of the route it goes, roads are not as congested.

My AKL CL review cont...

The inbetween:

Overall:

Also...

Thank you for this detailed review. My family stayed at the AKL CL years back and for the most part I agreed with your review and felt the same way. We have not returned and have "found" our home away from home at the BWI CL. The CM at AK were extremely nice and even decorated or room and supplied a cake for my husband's 50 birthday! Our biggest problem was with how dark the hotel was and how distant it was from everything. We stayed for a week and we still had problems navigating the resort. It seemed like there were a lot of you can't get there from here sort of problems.

That's one of the things that I love about Disney resorts is that they are so different that most everyone can find one that fits their family.

One of the things I love at the BWI CL is that they have to go cups in a drawer under the coffee supplies for anyone to help themselves. I made use of them most mornings and on occasion they work well to carry wine to the pool. Now if they would just start to carry hard cider like some of the other CL do.

That was my biggest fear was buses at akl. In the end I felt they came more often and were less crowded vs all other resorts I have stayed which is all but SSR.

Leaving mono resorts via bus can be a long time between buses. Also leaving Hs waiting for a bus to a mono resort you will see many repeat buses while you wait and wait.

The boardwalk area all share many hours of the day so it feels like a long time.

Sometimes we shared akl with villas but most times it was direct.

It is a quick 15 min ride from akl to MK or other park because of the route it goes, roads are not as congested.

Thank you - I guess I thought the buses would be crowded like most other buses. We go to AKL each trip because we love the restaurants. It would nice to stay there and relax. Thanks again.

My AKL CL review

Let me preface by saying an African Safari is my dream vacation so I thought Animal Kingdom Lodge was my dream WDW stay. Apparently, it’s not. Not that it’s a bad resort, definitely not. Just wasn’t for me, at least, not completely.

For reference sake, we stayed March 1-7. I booked a few days before Christmas using the Disney Visa discount. For those dates, the rack rate was $670. I received 35% off bringing it down to $435/night. At that time, for that discount, the only other option was a bunk bed savanna view for $50 less than the Club option. Only $50 difference for CL? Seemed like a no-brainer.

Overall:

Thanks for your detailed review. Glad you had a nice time overall :wizard:.

:thumbsup2

That's one of the things that I love about Disney resorts is that they are so different that most everyone can find one that fits their family.

I agree ::yes::

Just sharing a bit of TPAS news for the MNSSHP & MVMCP folks and those planning fall trips. :-)

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...dom-park/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q1wo0315180321180025C

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Dates
  • August 17, 24, 28, 31
  • September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
  • October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Dates
  • November 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29, 30
  • December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21
Happy planning!

I need cold to sleep too! I generally override the thermostat first minute I'm in the room. I can't remember what type they had at akl but our room was cold last year.

My dh won't go back there due to dark rooms. ( he was t with me last year, just the kids).I however enjoyed the different themeing for a change of pace.

My room was opposite of yours , across the savanah. We did have lots of animals in the morning. Our trip was in January so maybe that makes a difference?

Overall for $50 you probably got your monies worth and a new experience.

Where you heading next time? FYI gf sl had a great rate for January with the disney visa if need ideas for next year.

Thanks for the review. I always enjoy seeing a place I've been and reminiscing.

Thanks!

I guess there’s no rhyme or reason on when animals are out. I really wanted to spend time on the balcony on checkout day, but from when I woke around 7 until 11am, nothing, except for a squadron of pelicans (just learned the correct term today!).

I agree, the CL upgrade was worth it! :)

We’re booked for 3 nights at GF RPC in December. It’s part of the compensation I received from Disney for our broken thermostat. It’s tentative, I’m tempted to push it back to 2019.

Thank you for this detailed review. My family stayed at the AKL CL years back and for the most part I agreed with your review and felt the same way. We have not returned and have "found" our home away from home at the BWI CL. The CM at AK were extremely nice and even decorated or room and supplied a cake for my husband's 50 birthday! Our biggest problem was with how dark the hotel was and how distant it was from everything. We stayed for a week and we still had problems navigating the resort. It seemed like there were a lot of you can't get there from here sort of problems.

One of the things I love at the BWI CL is that they have to go cups in a drawer under the coffee supplies for anyone to help themselves. I made use of them most mornings and on occasion they work well to carry wine to the pool. Now if they would just start to carry hard cider like some of the other CL do.

That’s it! I want to find our home away from home at Disney. I really thought AKL was it. I’m thinking, like you found, that it may be BWI. That was the resort I fell for before AKL came along.

AKL is hard to navigate! I forgot about that. I had a hard time figuring out where I needed to go without going back the way I came. Spoiler alert: I always went back the way I came.

That’s good to know about to go cups at BWI CL. I definitely would have appreciated that at AKL. I read the glowing reviews of BW and it’s tempting me to switch my upcoming reservation to it.

Thank you for sharing! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter