Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I wanted to add a little insight if I could to anyone who will be staying CL and have questions on Disney dining plans and amounts of food in the lounges. My husband and I just spent a short trip at the BWI CL mainly for the F&G festival. With that in mind I only booked 2 ADR's for the trip and we planned on having breakfast every morning in the lounge with the added bonus that one of our mornings would fall on a Sunday so we would be able to enjoy the omelet station. Everything was wonderful and we had a great trip. The number one comment I heard over and over in the lounge was "I wish I hadn't booked such and such " because this is more than a meal. If I heard it once I heard it twenty times in our short stay. One woman told me that they couldn't believe they had been foolish enough to book the dining plan because they were wasting so much food. She stated that her and her husband only stopped in to get a drink before dinner but really would have loved to stay right in the lounge instead of going out to their dinner. Another guest who told me they had received a free upgrade to the CL was canceling a lot of her ADR's because it was just too much food.

I know it's a big question on the boards and everyone kind of knows their own eating habits but unless you have a really huge appetite I would highly recommend only booking perhaps a lunch time ADR if you plan on being back to the resort for dinner time. This may not work if you have picky children with you but for middle aged adults and above it seems to be a great option.

It is so interesting because we are trying to decide whether to drop it for our trip this summer. Interestingly enough, we stayed CL at CR last summer and opted out of the dining plan. We ate breakfast each day in the lounge, enjoyed snacks, and had one dinner there... and of course, enjoyed our adult beverages. But, when I came home and tallied our receipts from our restaurant trips, I realized we lost money by not being on the dining plan with 2 adults and 2 kids. Granted, we did a lot of character meals, but I just could not believe it when all was said and done...and we are not huge eaters. I think we will do it one more time, as my son is 9 and this will be our last chance with kids prices for him, but it is tempting to forgo at the club level for sure.

Quick review of Beach Club CL...
Let me begin by saying I was really disappointed in BC... Will not stay there CL again. Possibly YC for SAB...
No greeting.
No smiles.
No welcome.
Unable to access 5th floor upon arrival with room text as I didn't know I needed to use my magic band. Went back out and found Monty Ray (awesome gentleman) who then showed me how to get upstairs. I was a wee bit embarrassed at that.
No decaffeinated tea ( I know, sounds fussy, but for crying out loud, it was in my room and in the lobby shop, why not available in the lounge?)
No itinerary, until day 4, after I asked about it.
We actually waved at 2 concierge CMs as we were getting off the elevator one evening, who were chatting with each other, and they turned away from us. No return wave, no hi, etc.
Our room.was not serviced completely one day, beds were made, but no products, no bath towels, and no face cloths.
Drawers would not close completely and blinds were broken. (Would not go up)
Windows were absolutely filthy. Seriously dirty in the lounge area.
No bottled water, for anyone. Not even to drink right there.
I could absolutely handle the not finished room, I figure the mousekeepers got interrupted, etc. No worries. But added to everything else it just showed poor guest relations.

Positive points:
Room was lovely.
Food was very good. All the snacks, desserts, etc.
Staff in lobby shop and bell services, in fact everywhere else were excellent.
By day 4, another group of Concierge CMs were on duty, and they were far more helpful.
CM assisted my DD in changing and rearranging FPs, cheerfully...
A complete change of attitude after day 4.

Sooooo, we are looking at WL CL or CR CL, next February.
Our experience at BC is hopefully never repeated.
We were chatting with another guest in the lounge, who happens to be a TA, she also had concerns. A 3rd guest overheard and said that she was not greeted as well, and was not happy with her BC stay. The general consensus at that time was other resorts do it much better. It just seems to show a general lack of disregard for positive guest relations.
Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer".
But, not much positive to report.

Btw, the other parts of our trip were good, but I do notice less staff in general, dirtier restrooms, lack of TP, etc.
I noticed other cutbacks, but that's not about Club level.
Thanks for listening!

Oh no!! We are currently scheduled to stay at BC CL this summer for a week. I keep calling to see if availability opens up at CR or Poly CL (with a military discount), but thus far, nothing. This worries me a lot. I will try to focus on the good points that you mentioned and the pool, which I know that my kids will love. We were really hoping for CR again, but I think we may just have to stick with BC due to being priced way out of our budget (which now includes that extra FP package). Oh, I hope they clean things up before we arrive!

Oh no!! We are currently scheduled to stay at BC CL this summer for a week. I keep calling to see if availability opens up at CR or Poly CL (with a military discount), but thus far, nothing. This worries me a lot. I will try to focus on the good points that you mentioned and the pool, which I know that my kids will love. We were really hoping for CR again, but I think we may just have to stick with BC due to being priced way out of our budget (which now includes that extra FP package). Oh, I hope they clean things up before we arrive!

We have stayed CL at the BC club in the past couple of years. I would say that the service there is really hit or miss. One trip it was fantastic all around. The other we had no turn down for a couple of nights, as well as some other issues that won't make me not stay there again. The CL CMs feel more reserved, but if you sit and chat with them and introduce yourself they will warm up. Or at least that's what I found when we stayed there. Also, it's so nice to be that close to Epcot (and HS with the new rides opening up) and as you said the pool is great. I'm not saying the PP's review isn't valid (sadly I believe what is written there) but we've also had some great stays there. If you can't get the CR or Poly (which seem to be your preference) I think you'll still have fun at the BC. The lounge also doesn't have that WOW factor that the CR and Poly lounges have, but it is pretty spacious and we enjoyed the food up there.

Anybody recently stayed Polynesian garden view CL? My 21 year old son and I booked for August.

Haven't stayed at Polynesian in 10 years ( Polynesian CL was 15 years ago).

How is the pay for extra FPs working? Also do thru start breakfast right at 7 so if you want to be at an 8AM park opening.

I appreciate the advice. We are excited!

I can't help with your questions, but wanted to say I hope you and your DS have a great trip :wizard:.

It is THE best slide on property though.

I can't wait to try it when I'm there in May :goodvibes.

Just popping in to say it's Disney Day for me! :jumping1: We booked a sort of last minute, long weekend trip (arriving today, leaving Monday morning). This will be our first CL stay at BWI, and we're pretty excited since it will include a Sunday morning omelette station. :cool1:

We made tentative FPs for each day, but are totally open to changing plans. Obviously couldn't get FOP. I'll be checking for some to hopefully open up but, if not, we've done it, and we'll just enjoy our time doing other things. We're excited for F&G (this will be our fourth year visiting during this festival) and plan to spend Sunday eating and drinking around WS. I'll report back with some photos soon!

Have an awesome time! :D

I have a question about CL split stays. I called and secured the CR CL for part of our stay :yay: and will reduce our stay at BC CL. So, begin at BC CL for 4 nights, then move to CR CL for 3 more nights. On that transfer day, which we were planning to have as a resort day, can we just stay at SAB and partake in the BC Club until we are ready to move? Also, any ideas on how this impacts the FP plus program? I suppose it applies to each reservations...so we would need to choose which one to use it with..

I am blown away you only added one night. With a discount like that I would be there two weeks. hahhahaha. I know it is also peak season. But have discount will use it. :rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl2:

In all seriousness, I hope you have a great trip. This is a wonderful pixie dust moment you have been granted (and probably the only way I would ever stay RPC too) I hope you have a wonderful trip!! Just be a good Diser and report back to us when you return.

Whew... needing to take a break from the parking fee thread. Just started page 47 and not even close to being done.

Thanks for your wonderful words. I realize I am very lucky. Not that I’m undeserving. I’ve had my fair share of issues with WDW over the years, it’s nice to see them rectify that. If they hadn’t, I’d probably would’ve quit WDW.

Lol 2 weeks! Could you imagine that bill if we stayed RPC the whole time? I am tempted to add more days though, possibly a split stay, but I think 3 will be enough because we’re not planning on doing the parks, actually I doubt we’ll even leave the GF grounds. I mainly booked the 1 day just to get a cash reservation on the books before that stupid parking fee goes live. The CMs said I can always change it or add more days in the future without being subjected to the fee. :)

And yes, I’ll definitely report back. I have yet to report on my stay last week. But it’s coming, I just need to collect my thoughts.

I have a question about CL split stays. I called and secured the CR CL for part of our stay :yay: and will reduce our stay at BC CL. So, begin at BC CL for 4 nights, then move to CR CL for 3 more nights. On that transfer day, which we were planning to have as a resort day, can we just stay at SAB and partake in the BC Club until we are ready to move? Also, any ideas on how this impacts the FP plus program? I suppose it applies to each reservations...so we would need to choose which one to use it with..

I’m no expert, but I’m fairly certain you can partake in the offerings at BC until the end of day on your checkout date. Same would be true for the end of your CR stay. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

I can’t help with your question regarding the extra FP program though. I haven’t been paying close enough attention to the details.

Hope you have a great Split stay!

We usually do split stays with CL and it's always worked that way. We'll switch over when we are ready to move and we've never had any issues. Not sure about the FP+ program though.

Great choice in split stays. We are doing same thing this June. 4 at CL BC and then 3 at CL CR.

On our transfer day we plan on the kids enjoying a pool day at SAB, and CL and then moving over to CR when the room is ready or afternoon arrives and then hitting our Ohana dinner reservation then pool again.

My first post ! Yay!
I was hoping there would be some feedback from anyone who has been able to use the extra fastpasses yet.
Mainly:
Did you double up your regular and CL FP and were able to successfully get 2 FP for The Same ride in the same day?
Was the system seamless? No bugs or glitches requiring a ton of DSS contact?

Thanks for letting me read all your amazing comments.
I'm taking my 2 kids (by myself) to AKL CL in june, and have booked this pilot program. New stuff makes Me nervoucited!!

Quick review of Beach Club CL...
Let me begin by saying I was really disappointed in BC... Will not stay there CL again. Possibly YC for SAB...
No greeting.
No smiles.
No welcome.
Unable to access 5th floor upon arrival with room text as I didn't know I needed to use my magic band. Went back out and found Monty Ray (awesome gentleman) who then showed me how to get upstairs. I was a wee bit embarrassed at that.
No decaffeinated tea ( I know, sounds fussy, but for crying out loud, it was in my room and in the lobby shop, why not available in the lounge?)
No itinerary, until day 4, after I asked about it.
We actually waved at 2 concierge CMs as we were getting off the elevator one evening, who were chatting with each other, and they turned away from us. No return wave, no hi, etc.
Our room.was not serviced completely one day, beds were made, but no products, no bath towels, and no face cloths.
Drawers would not close completely and blinds were broken. (Would not go up)
Windows were absolutely filthy. Seriously dirty in the lounge area.
No bottled water, for anyone. Not even to drink right there.
I could absolutely handle the not finished room, I figure the mousekeepers got interrupted, etc. No worries. But added to everything else it just showed poor guest relations.

Positive points:
Room was lovely.
Food was very good. All the snacks, desserts, etc.
Staff in lobby shop and bell services, in fact everywhere else were excellent.
By day 4, another group of Concierge CMs were on duty, and they were far more helpful.
CM assisted my DD in changing and rearranging FPs, cheerfully...
A complete change of attitude after day 4.

Sooooo, we are looking at WL CL or CR CL, next February.
Our experience at BC is hopefully never repeated.
We were chatting with another guest in the lounge, who happens to be a TA, she also had concerns. A 3rd guest overheard and said that she was not greeted as well, and was not happy with her BC stay. The general consensus at that time was other resorts do it much better. It just seems to show a general lack of disregard for positive guest relations.
Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer".
But, not much positive to report.

Btw, the other parts of our trip were good, but I do notice less staff in general, dirtier restrooms, lack of TP, etc.
I noticed other cutbacks, but that's not about Club level.
Thanks for listening!

Sorry you had such a negative experience. I won't be returning to BC either. I felt the cms were less then nice and helpful. The food was good in the lounge but the drink service was terrible. I waited over 10 minutes for a beer on several occasions and gave up. There were staff there but they were helping out/hanging out with 1 family. At one point 3 cms were chatting with them, all of 5 feet away. They saw me and didn't say a word. :worried: for the poster going, if it makes you feel better, there was another dis member there the same week and they reported they had good service.

My first post ! Yay!
I was hoping there would be some feedback from anyone who has been able to use the extra fastpasses yet.
Mainly:
Did you double up your regular and CL FP and were able to successfully get 2 FP for The Same ride in the same day?
Was the system seamless? No bugs or glitches requiring a ton of DSS contact?

Thanks for letting me read all your amazing comments.
I'm taking my 2 kids (by myself) to AKL CL in june, and have booked this pilot program. New stuff makes Me nervoucited!!

Welcome to the Dis :welcome:

I can't help with your FP questions, but there are some on this thread who are knowledgeable/have experience with booking the extra CL FPs, so hopefully they'll give some input :flower3:.

If not, check Yacht Club. I hear wonderful things about their CL...
And you still.get SAB pool!
BTW, I forgot to add... SAB slide is being refurbished. They are using golf carts to ferry guests to BWI to use their slide. But, my guess is the work will be completed by your trip.
Good news, the food is tasty!
You will have a great time I'm sure, we still.had a really good time, but we're disappointed in this particular club level.

FYI....information on what was observed regarding the HEA reserved viewing area (that is a a part of the CL FP trial program) this past Wednesday night courtesy of @MermaidMommy:

We were there on Wednesday night, and only about a quarter (or a little less) of the grassy area in front of Casey’s was roped off. The rest of the area was still available. We’re going to watch HEA again tonight, and hoping that it’s still the case.

It was the very edge of the area, closest to Adventureland. I’ll report back after tonight’s fireworks, in case anything is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter