Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Oh gosh, décor opinions at a bit subjective. If you don't like brown (neither do we), then the 3 you'll want to avoid are: WL, Poly, and AKL.

There are pictures at the head of this thread that show the décor of each resort CL. The lounges more or less match the décor of each resort and the rooms at each of the resorts , so you can also easily find photos of all of the rooms.

Many CL resort lounges are light, but not necessarily brightly colored. The most brightly colored resorts are the values. AoA is full of fun, Disney themed, bright décor! even if you don't stay there, it is worth visiting for a meal. The central areas of CB are also very colorful. (or were at my most recent visit)

Among the WDW lounges I'd call brightly light are: both GF lounges, BC, YC, and BWK. The CR lounge has a great view, but lounge décor itself is a bit muted.

Over at Universal...The lightest/brightest resort is the new Sapphire Falls. It is white/blue, and we love the décor, but no CL! VERY pretty resort! Just wish they'd add a CL! Royal Pacific lounge is a bit brown- but light brown- and the rooms are quite bright!

You'd probably enjoy the Hard Rock's lounge! It isn't super light, but it DOES have bright colors! The rooms are white and red. Other parts of the hotel are Spanish theme, but otherwise fits your bill, as the WHOLE hotel is HIGH energy, brightly colored, and a lots of fun! (though staff mostly wear black.)

Portofino's lounge is Italian themed. Not super bright, but some cream, and not dark like AKL. The rooms and halls are nice and bright though!

Wow! You have much knowledge. Thanks for the insight.

I figured WL was a no go, but wasn’t sure about Poly since it has that giant window. I don’t mind some brown, just not all brown. I’ve tried looking at pics but it’s hard to trust them since so many are doctored these days.

Edited to add: When referring to doctored pics, I had in mind easyWDW recent CL reviews, not Disboards pics. Thanks for reminding me of the pics at the beginning of this thread, I had forgotten about them.

Last edited:
Wow! You have much knowledge. Thanks for the insight.

I figured WL was a no go, but wasn’t sure about Poly since it has that giant window. I don’t mind some brown, just not all brown. I’ve tried looking at pics but it’s hard to trust them since so many are doctored these days.

Edited to add: When referring to doctored pics, I had in mind easyWDW recent CL reviews, not Disboards pics.
You are welcome. As I said, we aren't big fans of too much brown either. We kinda of don't mind AKL for some reason- all the detail I suppose- but we find Poly especially brown and dark. Other folks rave about Poly, but it is too ark for us. Though the large window is nice, I prefer the view from CR. I'm not a huge fan of Contemporary décor, but the fresh orchids help a great deal. CR also has a very efficient layout. We're BIG fans of that.

For us though...in answering your question. I'm not sure how to say, but I tend to see resort décor as a total package, not just the lounge. So I give a big plus to the bright, soaring GF lobby. Also love the HUGE atrium of the Marriott World resort.

When I think of the Poly, the first thing that pops in my head was how DARK our room was. The bathroom lighting was dark, the room had NO natural sunlight, and the whole place looks a bit dated to us.

DO KEEP IN MIND though - WDW replaces soft features at resorts every few years at all resorts. Actually all big name resorts do that. Things like couches, carpets, pillows, bedding shower curtains and more.

What does the Contemporary CL Standard View consist of?

You look out over the CR pools and Bay Lake. NO MK, but no parking, road, or busses either. You can also see BLT quite well.

You can hear the boat horns, even pretty early in the AM, but we never mind. It is cheery.

You also DO hear the water parade...but again, we don't mind that either. It arrives about 10pm though, so that might wake early+light sleepers.

You get sunrise views. (DO take photos if you are up that early!)

Shhh!...you also get sunny AM's/shady PM's on your balcony. If an impending summer storm closes the pool- you can sometimes see the empty pool before you walk down.

Plus, it costs less than MK view.

SHHHH!

I know - so creative! Those roses must have been time consuming! Reminds me of one of my kids' picture books, "How are You Peeling?" By Saxton Freymann - Very fun if you've never seen it...
The last time were at Universal...they were setting up for an after hours event as we were leaving the park at closing.

I can't quite describe and do justice, but the chefs had sculpted the event's corporate logo into the rind of a watermelon. The less carved parts were white, while the deeper cuts hit the pink...and in between was shaded.

The overall effect was just stunning.

Once we were at CR while corporate event was happening. The WDW chefs made a corporate logo out of chocolate...that part wasn't so impressive, but the logo was decorated with perfectly rendered cherry blossom branches. The blossoms were perfectly crafted from pink chocolate.

But if anyone is going to WDW over Easter, BE SURE to stop by the GF lobby to see the giant hand-crafted EGGS! At least I hope they do them again this year. They were also quite amazing. We just happened to stop by the lobby, and spent about an hour looking at them.

Thanks!

So I’m guessing there’s little sunlight in Sugarloaf? I think I may just call the reservation line to even see if RPC Standard is an option.

I’m a little embarrassed to call to ask about the most expensive option... :oops:
F5318337-B562-4EE4-AA4F-A24D75B3BC68_zps3gxpqkmb.jpg

This is image from page 1 of thread . SL is got a big atruim but only windows are the doorways.

Atrium cl has these big windows with awesome views!
E49597CD-7B16-45B4-A0DA-09A7A777A7BF_zps7hdauxgc.jpg

RPC to me is bright with so many windows and lobby below:

img_3077-jpg.286283
img_3082-jpg.286279

Okay CLers, which lounges do you think are the brightest and most cheerful? We just spent a week at Kilimanjaro Club, and while it was comfortable, it was dark and just shades of brown. My husband and I really want lots of sunlight and fun colors for our next stay. So which resorts have that? Thanks :-)

GF RPC. The lounge is large and spacious with beautiful views of the grounds, as well as has plenty of sunlight :goodvibes.

img_3077-jpg.286283
img_3082-jpg.286279

:thumbsup2

F5318337-B562-4EE4-AA4F-A24D75B3BC68_zps3gxpqkmb.jpg

This is image from page 1 of thread . SL is got a big atruim but only windows are the doorways.

Atrium cl has these big windows with awesome views!
E49597CD-7B16-45B4-A0DA-09A7A777A7BF_zps7hdauxgc.jpg

img_3077-jpg.286283
img_3082-jpg.286279

Thanks for the help! I saw the pic of SL on the first page but couldn’t tell if it was natural light or where it was coming from. Good to know it’s just from doorways.

I agree, based on all the pics I could find, it looks like RPC is the brightest and most cheerful.

I’m booked at Disneyland but am thinking of canceling and booking at boardwalk club cuz I like the idea of extra fast passes and my dil is having baby so want to stay close to home. I have a lot of questions. We have stayed at gf and poly club but want to do Epcot resorts and flying fish is our fave restaurant. Did I read there’s a chef from ff in club lounge? Also did I read they have something special Sunday brunch? Is it quiet? If I book standard room, does club level get top floors? Is it possible to be near quiet pool w standard room? What are the odds club fast pass program will be there when I go end of October? How crowded is Halloween party on Halloween? Most important, do they tend to give discounts last week of October. Whew! Sorry for the barrage and any help will be appreciated.

GF RPC. The lounge is large and spacious with beautiful views of the grounds, as well as has plenty of sunlight :goodvibes.

:thumbsup2

Yep, totally agree.

Thanks for all the help everyone! :worship:

I spent 50 minutes on the phone with Special Reservations. Unfortunately, he was showing very limited availability for the Christmas dates I wanted. No GF RPC. :( Only GF SL, CR, YC and BC were open so I booked CR. I was happy with it but I knew my husband wouldn’t be so I called back 10 minutes later to switch. Lo and behold, this time GF RPC showed availability for my dates!!! :woohoo:So I’m booked for GF RPC during Christmas time!

Now I just have to figure out if I want to add dates or do a split stay or what... :rolleyes1

Also, hopefully I’ll be able to document my stay this time, so I can actually add to the useful info on this thread. I expected to do that for my recent AKL CL stay but I was too exhausted and miserable to even attempt it. :(

Again, thank you so much to everyone for all your help!:-)

Yep, totally agree.

I spent 50 minutes on the phone with Special Reservations. Unfortunately, he was showing very limited availability for the Christmas dates I wanted. No GF RPC. :( Only GF SL, CR, YC and BC were open so I booked CR. I was happy with it but I knew my husband wouldn’t be so I called back 10 minutes later to switch. Lo and behold, this time GF RPC showed availability for my dates!!! :woohoo:So I’m booked for GF RPC during Christmas time!

Now I just have to figure out if I want to add dates or do a split stay or what... :rolleyes1

Also, hopefully I’ll be able to document my stay this time, so I can actually add to the useful info on this thread. I expected to do that for my recent AKL CL stay but I was too exhausted and miserable to even attempt it. :(

Again, thank you so much to everyone for all your help!:-)

That is awesome, awesome, awesome!!! For sure that’s the best use of those days from a value perspective.

Maybe we’ll be there at the same time again. :) if you see me, say hello. From the profile picture, I’m the one on the left. ;)

I’m booked at Disneyland but am thinking of canceling and booking at boardwalk club cuz I like the idea of extra fast passes and my dil is having baby so want to stay close to home. I have a lot of questions.

Hi there. I'll see if I can help. DW and I stayed at BWI CL a few weeks ago, our first time there. The BWI pros can help supplement/correct me if I get anything wrong.

We have stayed at gf and poly club but want to do Epcot resorts and flying fish is our fave restaurant. Did I read there’s a chef from ff in club lounge? Also did I read they have something special Sunday brunch?

Had a great meal at FF during our trip! For evening apps in the lounge, there will be a chef preparing small plate apps. The chefs when I were there all had FF aprons/clothing, which I think is the norm.

Yes, Sunday AM they serve a "light" brunch. Omelette station, Bloody Mary bar.

Omelette Station.jpg

If I book standard room, does club level get top floors? Is it possible to be near quiet pool w standard room?

Standard Club Level rooms are on the 4th floor, although it's not the whole floor. They are all the rooms "behind" the Innkeeper's Door in the pic below, plus some "outside" the door as well (like the red shaded room, that was us). Yes, there are several standard rooms that face the Quiet Pool, as you can see below.

4th Floor.png

What are the odds club fast pass program will be there when I go end of October?

Really hard to say. I'm guessing 6-12 months. But total speculation there.

How crowded is Halloween party on Halloween? Most important, do they tend to give discounts last week of October.

I'd post the Halloween Party on Halloweeen question here: "Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

But yes, I do think that's a pretty popular date.

Fall/October discounts can be found - just have to watch for them closely and be prepared to book and/or modify your reservation, as able, when released. "Usually" I tend to see more discounts available for CL than other room types, but that's certainly not always the case.

Hope that helps!

Hi there. I'll see if I can help. DW and I stayed at BWI CL a few weeks ago, our first time there. The BWI pros can help supplement/correct me if I get anything wrong.

Had a great meal at FF during our trip! For evening apps in the lounge, there will be a chef preparing small plate apps. The chefs when I were there all had FF aprons/clothing, which I think is the norm.

Yes, Sunday AM they serve a "light" brunch. Omelette station, Bloody Mary bar.

View attachment 309005

Standard Club Level rooms are on the 4th floor, although it's not the whole floor. They are all the rooms "behind" the Innkeeper's Door in the pic below, plus some "outside" the door as well (like the red shaded room, that was us). Yes, there are several standard rooms that face the Quiet Pool, as you can see below.

View attachment 309006

Really hard to say. I'm guessing 6-12 months. But total speculation there.

I'd post the Halloween Party on Halloweeen question here: "Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

But yes, I do think that's a pretty popular date.

Fall/October discounts can be found - just have to watch for them closely and be prepared to book and/or modify your reservation, as able, when released. "Usually" I tend to see more discounts available for CL than other room types, but that's certainly not always the case.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much!!! I’ve never stayed at Epcot resort and am excited!

Two more questions and I’ll be good
when do discounts come out for October and will I be able to get both new animal Kingdom rides with club fast pass at 60 days?

Yep, totally agree.

Congrats on getting RPC! I was getting ready to suggest calling back periodically as availability does sometimes change, but it looks like you found that out already :goodvibes. The GF is great over all (especially during the holidays), but being in RPC is amazing! Hope you have a great trip, enjoy the planning :wizard:.

1. If you use a car, book it before March 21, when parking fees get added.
2. If you've even been tempted to go during a high priced holiday season, especially December when decorations are up, this would be a great opportunity to see the resorts during Christmas!

I'd probably also choose GF, or maybe Poly or CR.
We have book for 2019 already, so does that mean we will not be charged for parking?

The 40% isn't always true anymore for deluxe resorts. Now it varies by availability/demand and Disney math as to what discount the military is given. It used to be a flat % per level resort until this year.

Yes, that why I put”can” be 40% at deluxe resorts. In Oct DH and I did indeed get a full 40% off at WL CL while at Disneyland paradise pier hotel last week they were already giving a discount so I got a little above that general discount. Bottom line is if you are military (or anyone in your traveling party) ask the reservation CM what discounts are available for a hotel and as with any discount Disney gives it is always subject to a availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter