Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

View attachment 339530

here was the view from our RPC TPV room first thing in the morning!

Beautiful view :cloud9:

I fully expected to not like AKL or AKL CL. It's sort of the opposite of all of the things we thought we liked about Disney resorts. Long walk to the lounge? No thanks! 100% bus dependent? Yikes.

But, we fell in love. The only problem now is trying to find the time/right trip to make it back there. :-)

AKL is a beautiful resort! Since it is sort of isolated, I find it to have a quiet and peaceful atmosphere, which is welcoming after time in the parks :goodvibes.

Mousekeeping tipping question for CL stay. Do you leave the tip twice a day? For the morning mousekeeping and then again for turn down service? If so, how do work that if you are gone all day and are not back for before turn down service?

Mousekeeping tipping question for CL stay. Do you leave the tip twice a day? For the morning mousekeeping and then again for turn down service? If so, how do work that if you are gone all day and are not back for before turn down service?
Honestly, we leave $5.00 every morning and nothing else later. Sometimes turndown service is really early, and we're sitting on the balcony with the door latched so no turndown that night. We're really pretty neat so basically night turndown is drapes closed, covers pulled back with some chocolate. First thing I do when returning is open the drapes:).

We leave $10 every morning and honestly often aren’t in a situation to leave another tip in the evening because we aren’t back. Or if we are I forget. They come so darned early, often we’re in the room amd haven’t gone out for the evening yet and with 6 of us including 2 toddlers we can’t just easily pop down to the lounge, so I’ll either just take chocolate or have them exchange towels if we need that. I do like having the towel exchange and garbage pickup on the few days the timing works out and we’ve been around to use stuff. When that actually happens and I don’t forget I leave around $3 for turndown.

Honestly, we leave $5.00 every morning and nothing else later. Sometimes turndown service is really early, and we're sitting on the balcony with the door latched so no turndown that night. We're really pretty neat so basically night turndown is drapes closed, covers pulled back with some chocolate. First thing I do when returning is open the drapes:).
This is what we do, it's just the two of us. I bring extra 5's on our trips to make things like this easier.

There is a reason for this. It sells. How much of that fruit gets sold vs how many Mickey Ice Cream bars?

Maybe, but I think many folks are like me, they simply put up with Disney food because that's the only choice. Isn't it possible that WDW's QS menus are dated? They haven't changed because WDW customers are kinda stuck with what they have to offer; it takes too long to eat every meal off property.

Again, look at Universal's new Urban Kitchen. I'm excited to try it! Not 100% healthy, but fresh options are showcased and readily available! Yum!

I really like oranges, but the CL oranges offered at WDW are terrible. I've had many. People don't eat them because they aren't good quality oranges. The problem is self-reinforcing. But bananas disappear quickly! Fruit in the parks also sells. Lots of folks were lined up for fresh sweet corn!

Here's another: The Hyppo does extremely well just 2hrs east of WDW in high-tourist St. Augustine. They sell healthy and out of this world delicious fresh fruit popsicles made from flash frozen Florida produce in exciting flavor combos.

WDW would sell a ton of them! http://www.thehyppo.com/new-page/
They flash freeze fresh local Florida produce, with just a little sugar, and maybe some herbs. Mango, Avocado Mint, Ginger Juice, Blackberry, Blackberry Ginger, Mojito, Expresso Horchata, Guanabana (a tropical fruit), Guava Peach, Hibiscus lemonade, Strawberry, Sweet Corn, Sweet Potato, Orange Basil, and MANY more. Don't those sound exciting?

The world is evolving, WDW just hasn't caught up. Many new quick serve places roughly model the Blaze/Chipotle style (except healthier) and do extremely well. Cava is absolutely exploding: healthy, delicious, fresh, and inexpensive. Call me crazy, but many folks are just used to eating this way now. Remember, my original response was to a poster who regretted weight gain while visiting WDW. She did her best to eat healthy to enjoy WDW, but gained too many pounds while visiting WDW. Me too! I do much better eating at Universal, and we don't have to eat all TS to eat healthy.

I'm happy a number of folks chimed in to defend the CL's delicious new healthier options. I think that actually supports what I'm trying to say.

We try to leave two tips when possible. We usually leave some $ in the AM, then a few dollars if we come back mid-day, but we don't do that every day. If we happen to be in the room when they arrive, we usually decline service.

One option that I've heard suggested in the past, should you wish, is to put the money in labeled envelopes, especially if you have children that like to draw/color. It can even be a great way to keep your kids busy whenever they have a free moment: before the trip, in transit to WDW, in the room.

Plus, it can be a fun way to let them participate in expressing their appreciation. A small reminder that CM's are working hard to make their vacation fun.

Not only that, but sometimes the mouse keepers find ways to reciprocate the kids' efforts. :)

(Shh...or everyone will start doing this. )

We try to leave two tips when possible. We usually leave some $ in the AM, then a few dollars if we come back mid-day, but we don't do that every day. If we happen to be in the room when they arrive, we usually decline service.

One option that I've heard suggested in the past, should you wish, is to put the money in labeled envelopes, especially if you have children that like to draw/color. It can even be a great way to keep your kids busy whenever they have a free moment: before the trip, in transit to WDW, in the room.

Plus, it can be a fun way to let them participate in expressing their appreciation. A small reminder that CM's are working hard to make their vacation fun.

Not only that, but sometimes the mouse keepers find ways to reciprocate the kids' efforts. :)

(Shh...or everyone will start doing this. )
That's genius! I've seen people mention decorating Mousekeeping envelopes which has zero interest to me but if ever have kids and take them to disney- I love this!

I have a Boardwalk 1-bedroom villa booked, but I am dreaming about staying club level. We would really like more than one room, because the 2yo does not fall asleep well unless he's alone.

I went to look for club level suites, and I didn't see many. Does anyone know which resorts have 1-bedroom options at club level?

That's genius! I've seen people mention decorating Mousekeeping envelopes which has zero interest to me but if ever have kids and take them to disney- I love this!
Thanks. the only things is, envelopes don't work well at non-Disney hotels. if we put our tip in an envelope even at the Universal hotels, the staff doesn't tend to take it. Even if we clearly write THANK YOU and TIP on the envelope.

I have a Boardwalk 1-bedroom villa booked, but I am dreaming about staying club level. We would really like more than one room, because the 2yo does not fall asleep well unless he's alone.

I went to look for club level suites, and I didn't see many. Does anyone know which resorts have 1-bedroom options at club level?

I want to say just about every other deluxe resort has 1 bedroom suites, but each resort only has a few. If you look online, you shuld see them show up, they just might not show up as available for your dates. The BWK villas with club level access are a bit unique to Bwk though.

AKL DVC has 1 bedroom suites with club level access, but they go quickly, as they are the only DVC with club level access.

CR has the Hospitality suites. You might want to take a look at those.They are in the garden wing of the hotel, not the main building, but I hear they are spacious.

Omg, you guys. I just had a nervous breakdown lol. I'm not going this year and decided to play on the website for next years trip. I'm not ready to book as dh doesn't get vaca picks until November. I know we want mid to late August anyway, poly CL and GF CL weren't available. At all. Changed my dates and still no availability . I was about to cry when Boardwalk CL had availability. I went to fake book and it asked if I wanted the enchanted offer and that's when it hit me, I was looking at 2018! Whew! Noone but the dis would understand my disney obsession.

I'm pretty set on poly. Noone but me likes the GF. Any reason I should try and convince my family or stick with poly? My kids do love WL but we stayed before the renovations. Not sure if it's still as relaxing and peaceful.

I'm pretty set on poly. Noone but me likes the GF. Any reason I should try and convince my family or stick with poly? My kids do love WL but we stayed before the renovations. Not sure if it's still as relaxing and peaceful.

Split stays are awesome!

You get to return to your favorite hotel AND try some place new. They are especially nice with CL, because you aren't eating in the same lounge every day all week.

If you pack the right way, they are super easy.

(Though technically the easy way to manage splits is to NOT unpack most of your clothes.)

Split stays are awesome!

You get to return to your favorite hotel AND try some place new. They are especially nice with CL, because you aren't eating in the same lounge every day all week.

If you pack the right way, they are super easy.

(Though technically the easy way to manage splits is to NOT unpack most of your clothes.)
We never unpack all of our clothes :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 We only unpack toiletries and electronics...sshhhh......m

Omg, you guys. I just had a nervous breakdown lol. I'm not going this year and decided to play on the website for next years trip. I'm not ready to book as dh doesn't get vaca picks until November. I know we want mid to late August anyway, poly CL and GF CL weren't available. At all. Changed my dates and still no availability . I was about to cry when Boardwalk CL had availability. I went to fake book and it asked if I wanted the enchanted offer and that's when it hit me, I was looking at 2018! Whew! Noone but the dis would understand my disney obsession.

I agree with the pp about maybe trying a split stay. We just did our first and it was a great way to do 2 of our favorites. It wasn't that difficult to move. I thought I would feel unsettled by not getting to unpack and settle in, but I think the length of the trip helped. How long is your trip?

I asked and was told that my housekeeper worked M-F so I tipped in person last day.

I also tipped various CMs during the week. All were very gracious about accepting.

I agree with the pp about maybe trying a split stay. We just did our first and it was a great way to do 2 of our favorites. It wasn't that difficult to move. I thought I would feel unsettled by not getting to unpack and settle in, but I think the length of the trip helped. How long is your trip?
My husband refuses to do a split stay. We weren't happy with our resort last year and he refused to move hotels. It would have been from BC to Boardwalk, so an easy move. There is no way I could get him to move from a resort he likes.

My husband refuses to do a split stay. We weren't happy with our resort last year and he refused to move hotels. It would have been from BC to Boardwalk, so an easy move. There is no way I could get him to move from a resort he likes.
I get that. It does feel good to get in a place and stay put! Maybe you can get everyone onboard with GF!

Don't be the person breaking that fancy Nespresso machine in the lounge....
watch this Youtube before you leave:

My husband is obsessed with the coffee from these, so much that he was searching the internet to buy one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter