Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi everyone!! It looks like I might be heading back to WDW in January. It is about time!!!! :goodvibes

I am wondering if you might know typically if room only discounts will be offered on a Poly CL TPV room type in January or are they excluded? And also, when is this usually released? I have let my AP expire however, I can add it back if it is a better discount than visa holder because I believe I will be back next June too.

I know things change every year so I want hold you to any of your much appreciated info. :rotfl2:
I've always found the AP discounts to be slightly better than all other GP or Visa discounts, by an avg of 10%, sometimes less, sometimes more. I just go by an avg of 10%.
I find the Poly TPV CL rooms included but they are quite limited so you have to be quick to catch them. Or lucky. Or both probably.
As to when they are released, who knows. All prior release schedules appear to have been thrown out the window. I've given up on predicting when. I know they'll have one for pretty much every day but the week around NYE but that's about all I know.

We stayed in the Hawaii building at the Polynesian last Saturday through Wednesday. We have mixed feelings about it. The lounge was wonderful! We loved the different choices each evening, and the CMs we met there were very friendly. They had cereal available with the coffee starting at 6, which we appreciated as early risers. My daughter enjoyed the desserts and lemonade a lot!! We had a few issues, which were no turn down service, not even a knock letting us know they were outside (we gladly would have taken the chocolate!). This was a minor disappointment. I asked someone if it had been discontinued, and I was told the housekeeping was just very busy and they would try to get to our room. Finally they did on our last night, but the service was poor. A wrapper of some kind (not ours) was left in the bathroom by the sink. We tend to go to bed quite early (9-ish) and found Hawaii much noisier at night than our previous stay in Rarotonga. I'm not sure where the sound was coming from, it seemed possibly to be from the pool area.

The big issue we had was a very unfriendly CM when our MagicBands weren’t working to access the building. We had been in and out many times when suddenly, one afternoon after returning from Epcot, our bands turned red when we tried to enter from outside. My DD and I each tried several times to no avail. I tried waving to someone inside but was ignored. Just as we were leaving to go to the main desk, another guest turned up and opened the door. Immediately upon entering we were met by a very grumpy CM (the "door guard" my DD called him) who informed me that the Hawaii building is for guests with a concierge level stay, and we would have to leave. I was taken aback. I told him we were staying in that building and our bands had stopped working. He asked us what our room number was. I told him. He asked for our name. I told him this also. He told us we had to sit down so they could look us up and "take care of this situation". My DD was extremely worn out and wanted nothing more than to go to our room. I told him we were just going to head up to our room and could get our MagicBands fixed later. He said that before he could let us do that, we would have to take a seat and get the situation clarified. So he took us to a desk where a CM recognized us as she had checked us in two days prior. This still didn’t satisfy the door guard, and he made her enter some information to look us up. While she did so, he asked me if we had just been following other guests in. I felt like some kind of criminal at this point. I told him we had been entering with no issues, which the other CM at the desk said was true. I asked why our MagicBands would suddenly develop this problem, but he didn’t have an answer for me and didn’t seem interesting in providing one. As soon as the CM at the desk had our information on the screen, he told us we could go. It was absolutely ridiculous that we had to go through this. Even my DD picked up on something and later asked me, “what was that all about with the door guard?" I asked someone at the main front desk later about the MagicBands not working, and she suggested it might be a battery issue. Aside from the bands flashing green a few times trying to enter our room (does anyone know why that happens? Trying too fast to open the door maybe?), we had no problems with them.

This really put a sour taste in my mouth. As soon as we are home, I will email the manager, whose contact information was on a paper in our room upon arrival. I am not feeling good about returning to the Polynesian club level.
I get the need for a door guard, but he absolutely did not have to be rude, condescending, and accusatory towards you.

I ran into a similar attitude with CMs that are the conceirge team at Grand CA. (For the record the conceirge team there is entirely seperate from the CL servers who are AMAZING.) Conceirges take turns guarding the key accessed door and are prone to power tripping if everyone including kids don’t have keys with them. Many CMs can balance conceirge with door guard duty but not all of them have the mental capacity for it and slip too far into door guard and end up deeply offending guests. I had other mainly non-door guard issues with them and their attitudes & they are actually the reason I’m switching to DLH CL next trip at Disneyland. That type of encounter with an attitude directed towards you is very upsetting and it left a bad taste in my mouth that hasn’t gone away so I definitely get the reluctance to return to a place where you were treated like that. Luckily, Disney World has many other CLs you can pick from!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!! It looks like I might be heading back to WDW in January. It is about time!!!! :goodvibes

I am wondering if you might know typically if room only discounts will be offered on a Poly CL TPV room type in January or are they excluded? And also, when is this usually released? I have let my AP expire however, I can add it back if it is a better discount than visa holder because I believe I will be back next June too.

I know things change every year so I want hold you to any of your much appreciated info. :rotfl2:

I can't help with your question, but wanted to say congrats on getting back to the Poly in January. Hope you have a great time! Enjoy the planning :).

Hmm so I have rpc 9/16-19 with dd23 for mnsshp and mom n me time. I teased dh that since he is driving me to the airport ion Sunday why not go Saturday instead and spend 1 night ?:confused3 Then our JetBlue for fall changed flights and there is a 6;30p departure for us to leave after work on Friday. So now AP discount for bwi std at $280 a night. Hoping for some good weather for F&W. :drinking1then get up early Sunday and head to gf for breakfast and a relaxing day::yes::. Soup is on in the afternoon which is perfect!:goodvibes

He will leave around 4:30 onME and dd will arrive later.

Disney math lol. Free airfare with points, APs makes adding a few nights hard to resist. Gf and BWI really have low sept rates:jumping1:

Last edited:
We just booked BCR CL for next May! So excited!!! We did a BCR CL trip (first time doing CL) in 2011 and it was so amazing! We've been wanting to do it again since then. We loved every thing about it! When we went again in 2016 we decided to stay at GF CL (sugarloaf). We absolutely loved the GF and still love it. But, the CL service was a big let down to us compared to what we experienced at BCR. In all fairness I think a lot of it had to do with cutbacks at the time. We weren't able to check-in at the club - everyone was being checked in at the main desk. If you even asked for a print out of your itinerary they would tell you to go to the main desk. Most requests were met with people rolling their eyes. They would tell you that they were short-handed because of Disney Hong Kong being built (not sure if they had accurate information or not). I remember one CM actually losing it in the middle of the lounge because there were lines of people, holding plates, waiting for breakfast items to be replenished. She yelled something to the effect of "I'm only one person!" to the entire lounge. They had cut way back on food and would run out very early into meal times. And, they had stopped serving any liquor in the evenings. They only had beer and wine. It was sooo disappointing! But again - we adored the resort and still had a great vacation. My understanding is that everything has shifted again and those cutbacks didn't last too long.

Anyway, BCR CL was our favorite disney trip ever so we're really excited to go back "home". Anyone stayed at BCR recently? It's even in a different location than when we went in 2011 so I'm assuming there will be lots of changes. I'll be following along on this thread for the next 10 months!

We got some pixie dust here at GF. Who can I thank/call/email to show our gratitude??

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Also, not sure about GF but most resorts I’ve stayed at recently leave a “Welcome” letter from the the General Manager in the room, which includes his/her e-mail address. I have e-mailed GMs a few times when I wanted to thank/make note of something/somebody.

Yes, it IS about time! :-)

Poly has had (in my opinion) really crummy discounts most of this year. For Jan 2018, the general public discount was 10% and AP discount was 20%. Same for CR & WL. The other Deluxes had 25% general public / 35% AP - much more attractive.

Hope that helps! (And hope they are better next year!)

First I’ll use this post in its entirety to answer instead of just pulling out one little snippet which is something you complained about someone else doing to you earlier..
I've ALREAY spent WAY too much time answering this same topic. I'm sorry that my saying that I would like to see more produce offered at WDW made you so very unhappy.

In shortest possible form, that IS the gist of all my posts on this subject.

By all means, you are free to like the current food offerings.

I'm also allowed to think they could be improved, and to list suggestions of what I'd like to see offered.

:)

My husband refuses to do a split stay. We weren't happy with our resort last year and he refused to move hotels. It would have been from BC to Boardwalk, so an easy move. There is no way I could get him to move from a resort he likes.
That's too bad.

Still, at least he likes going to WDW and staying at one of the nicest hotels on property. All in all, it's a reasonable compromise if he strongly prefers to stay at his favorite resort.

I suppose another option might be a short trip with someone other than your spouse (solo/friends/part of your extended family) just to try a different hotel some time.

We just booked BCR CL for next May! So excited!!! We did a BCR CL trip (first time doing CL) in 2011 and it was so amazing! We've been wanting to do it again since then. We loved every thing about it! When we went again in 2016 we decided to stay at GF CL (sugarloaf). We absolutely loved the GF and still love it. But, the CL service was a big let down to us compared to what we experienced at BCR. In all fairness I think a lot of it had to do with cutbacks at the time. We weren't able to check-in at the club - everyone was being checked in at the main desk. If you even asked for a print out of your itinerary they would tell you to go to the main desk. Most requests were met with people rolling their eyes. They would tell you that they were short-handed because of Disney Hong Kong being built (not sure if they had accurate information or not). I remember one CM actually losing it in the middle of the lounge because there were lines of people, holding plates, waiting for breakfast items to be replenished. She yelled something to the effect of "I'm only one person!" to the entire lounge. They had cut way back on food and would run out very early into meal times. And, they had stopped serving any liquor in the evenings. They only had beer and wine. It was sooo disappointing! But again - we adored the resort and still had a great vacation. My understanding is that everything has shifted again and those cutbacks didn't last too long.

Anyway, BCR CL was our favorite disney trip ever so we're really excited to go back "home". Anyone stayed at BCR recently? It's even in a different location than when we went in 2011 so I'm assuming there will be lots of changes. I'll be following along on this thread for the next 10 months!

Can't help you with BC info (for whatever reason BC has shifted to the "talked about the least" position on this thread)...but just wanted to say I stayed GF RPC in 2016 during those "cut backs" so your post resonates with me. That time was no bueno. :-)

Happy planning for the next 10 months!

Hmm so I have rpc 9/16-19 with dd23 for mnsshp and mom n me time. I teased dh that since he is driving me to the airport ion Sunday why not go Saturday instead and spend 1 night ?:confused3 Then our JetBlue for fall changed flights and there is a 6;30p departure for us to leave after work on Friday. So now AP discount for bwi std at $280 a night. Hoping for some good weather for F&W. :drinking1then get up early Sunday and head to gf for breakfast and a relaxing day::yes::. Soup is on in the afternoon which is perfect!:goodvibes

Disney math lol. Free airfare with points, APs makes adding a few nights hard to resist. Gf and BWI really have low sept rates:jumping1:
Cheers Trish! Will be there 9/15-19 for a girls F&W weekend too. Meet ya in Epcot for a pour. :drinking1

That's too bad.

Still, at least he likes going to WDW and staying at one of the nicest hotels on property. All in all, it's a reasonable compromise if he strongly prefers to stay at his favorite resort.

I suppose another option might be a short trip with someone other than your spouse (solo/friends/part of your extended family) just to try a different hotel some time.
Ha! My husband would be happy never going to disney again. He tolerates it for me and the kids. We also have to bribe him with a day of golf dinner at ohanas and Yachtsman. I actually looked into staying BW and doing food and wine with one of my friends. I have to stick with the school calendar for work. I have 2 days off for the Jewish holidays in September and thought we would be all set. Then I realized they were the first week of school I can't swing it with all the back to school crap. At least I know she wants to go and maybe we can swing it another time.

Congrats on the great rates and adding 2 nights! GF RPC and BWI is a great split, best of both worlds. Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

We just booked BCR CL for next May! So excited!!! We did a BCR CL trip (first time doing CL) in 2011 and it was so amazing! We've been wanting to do it again since then. We loved every thing about it!

Enjoy the planning. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Will be there 9/15-19 for a girls F&W weekend too.

Have a great time! :yay:

Hi! We stayed CL at BC last month. I posted a short review on this board when we got back, and put some pics up on the YC/BC board yesterday from our room: Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Our biggest complaint was how FAR we were from everything. We were in 5723 (water view), about as far as you get from the elevators and lounge, which got old fast. Make sure you request a room closer to the lounge and elevator. The CL service was good- friendly CMs, clean lounge, and tasty (although repetitive) food options. We really enjoyed our stay!! Let me know if you have any questions! Have fun! :)

Hi! We stayed CL at BC last month. I posted a short review on this board when we got back, and put some pics up on the YC/BC board yesterday from our room: Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Our biggest complaint was how FAR we were from everything. We were in 5723 (water view), about as far as you get from the elevators and lounge, which got old fast. Make sure you request a room closer to the lounge and elevator. The CL service was good- friendly CMs, clean lounge, and tasty (although repetitive) food options. We really enjoyed our stay!! Let me know if you have any questions! Have fun! :)

We'll be celebrating our 20th Anniversary at BC CL in Sept, and have been looking into room locations. One of the things we noticed is that the views of SAB around where you stayed are beautiful! The views from the rooms in the section closer to the elevator, not so much.

We'll be celebrating our 20th Anniversary at BC CL in Sept, and have been looking into room locations. One of the things we noticed is that the views of SAB around where you stayed are beautiful! The views from the rooms in the section closer to the elevator, not so much.
Yep , I was upgraded to LV for my stay. It was a hike but I had a nicer view. I didnt mind the walk. I would pick view over location most times.

I say that because I got a blah view at poly cl gv over the 4th. Did I complain? Nope, room was 1st gv to the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter