Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I just booked club level at the Boardwalk for January. We've never stayed club level before and I'm not sure we will again, so I'm curious if this is one of the better CL's at Disney? I'm not really concerned about price -- is there one club level that is universally known as the best or is it just personal preference? I want to make sure we do one that has stellar service.

Just returned from a split CL stay at the YC and CR.

We were originally meant to stay at the AKL with DVC points but on check in discovered that our studio was adjacent to the elevators and public bathroom. There was constant noise so we asked if there could be a room change. There were none available until the next day but management offered us a change to a standard view at the YC. This was fabulous; the staff were amazing, food and drink superb and our room was excellent. We'll definitely return.

We then had a theme park view at the CR. This is a favourite of ours but we were somewhat disappointed with this stay. The hotel is still excellent and the room can't be beaten for views of MK however some of the room furniture is in dire need of refurbishment. We were also a little disappointed with the food choices in the lounge. There was a great deal of repetition and although good wine choices, often bottles were empty for quite lengthy periods. CMs were excellent however and we will go back however probably not in the next year as we'll return to the BWI/GF.

I just booked club level at the Boardwalk for January. We've never stayed club level before and I'm not sure we will again, so I'm curious if this is one of the better CL's at Disney? I'm not really concerned about price -- is there one club level that is universally known as the best or is it just personal preference? I want to make sure we do one that has stellar service.

There's not really one CL that is best/better than others as it's personal preference. I've stayed CL at Poly, GF (both RPC & SL), WL, BWI & YC and all of them have their pros & cons. I found BWI CL to be amazing! The lounge is a little smaller than most other CLs, but has a quaint/cozy atmosphere and the CL CMs are very friendly/personable. The CL I wasn't impressed with is GF SL. I like to sit and relax in the lounge different times throughout the day and I just didn't find SL to be all that relaxing. Other than SL, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of the others. With that said, I think you chose a great CL to try and I don't think you'll be disappointed in BWI :).

Just returned from a split CL stay at the YC and CR.

We were originally meant to stay at the AKL with DVC points but on check in discovered that our studio was adjacent to the elevators and public bathroom. There was constant noise so we asked if there could be a room change. There were none available until the next day but management offered us a change to a standard view at the YC. This was fabulous; the staff were amazing, food and drink superb and our room was excellent. We'll definitely return.

We then had a theme park view at the CR. This is a favourite of ours but we were somewhat disappointed with this stay. The hotel is still excellent and the room can't be beaten for views of MK however some of the room furniture is in dire need of refurbishment. We were also a little disappointed with the food choices in the lounge. There was a great deal of repetition and although good wine choices, often bottles were empty for quite lengthy periods. CMs were excellent however and we will go back however probably not in the next year as we'll return to the BWI/GF.

Thanks for your review. Sorry AKL didn't work out, but glad you enjoyed YC CL. Hope you had a nice time overall, even if CR CL was a little disappointing in the food choices ;).

347B882E-EA3D-4CFA-981B-CEB255A7AF57.png

@DisneyLifePapioNe didn’t work unless I did this way but better than sideways,

Well we had to cut our trip a day short but wow! Mnsshp and Cruella, F&W, SWGE, FOP and lots of poly time!

Dd was disappointed to leave today so we grabbed a cl drink and attempted to go to MK for an hour via boat. Of course it rained so oh well!

Cm’s at desk and lounge all wonderful! Got to see Irv too.

Truly one of the best cm experience ever.

Chefs will make it up custom if needed. I had my slider without sauces the other night, etc.

Lots of new appies, many were seafood based. The salad bar was nice midday too!

Again from check in to needing my ME voucher changed 3 times all went well!

Wish I was still there !

Not familiar with many Poly CMs but do know a few and have enjoyed renewing their acquaintance. We are scheduled to go the third week of Sept. and look forward to another good visit. We normally stay non-Cl but have been magically upgraded once or twice to CL, the last time being for my bd last March.

View attachment 431974

@DisneyLifePapioNe didn’t work unless I did this way but better than sideways,

Well we had to cut our trip a day short but wow! Mnsshp and Cruella, F&W, SWGE, FOP and lots of poly time!

Dd was disappointed to leave today so we grabbed a cl drink and attempted to go to MK for an hour via boat. Of course it rained so oh well!

Cm’s at desk and lounge all wonderful! Got to see Irv too.

Truly one of the best cm experience ever.

Chefs will make it up custom if needed. I had my slider without sauces the other night, etc.
Lots of new appies, many were seafood based. The salad bar was nice midday too!

Again from check in to needing my ME voucher changed 3 times all went well!

Wish I was still there !

So happy you both had a great time!! Thanks for sharing pictures with us!!

So happy you both had a great time!! Thanks for sharing pictures with us!!
I tell ya it was stressful with airport closing our departure day and scrambling to reschedule for 2 different destinations.

JetBlue mosaic saved me. I was able to call a dedicated line and move Alyssa’s flight several times. We kept checking the App and then called when something opened up. Literally at MK Sunday we moved her flight from 3p to 6:43P. Anything to get a few hours.

Then I texted cl desk for another ME sheet with new time.

Perks of traveling well paid off this time. When dd tried to call regular line it was wait time60mins+ .(we used points to book so had to call vs online)

Oh and I bumped into @AngiTN at Epcot! Nice to meet you Angi !

We got so much done lol. I never experienced lines like that at MK. Walk on for everything and 5-10 mins for mine train. So we lost a day but rode way more than we ever have so we made out well.

I have food n wine in 2 weeks! Yay!

I tell ya it was stressful with airport closing our departure day and scrambling to reschedule for 2 different destinations.

JetBlue mosaic saved me. I was able to call a dedicated line and move Alyssa’s flight several times. We kept checking the App and then called when something opened up. Literally at MK Sunday we moved her flight from 3p to 6:43P. Anything to get a few hours.

Then I texted cl desk for another ME sheet with new time.

Perks of traveling well paid off this time. When dd tried to call regular line it was wait time60mins+ .(we used points to book so had to call vs online)

Oh and I bumped into @AngiTN at Epcot! Nice to meet you Angi !

We got so much done lol. I never experienced lines like that at MK. Walk on for everything and 5-10 mins for mine train. So we lost a day but rode way more than we ever have so we made out well.

I have food n wine in 2 weeks! Yay!

That’s great everything worked out. Most important thing was getting home safe. Wow, 5-10 minute waits!!! At least you were able to squeeze everything in before you left!! Angi seems to be very popular at WDW! I’m going to have to keep an eye out for her next trip! Happy you’re home safe. Have a great time in two weeks! (maybe I can squeeze into your suitcase?! 😂)

Does any one have any experience with changing resorts but still accessing the AKL Club level for the day you check out?
Our last night we are switching to AK Kidani but we have been told we will still be able to go to the Club lounge that whole day. Once we check into the other room, will our bands still work on the elevator?
I was just going to ask this same question! We are staying AKL CL Dec 21 - 26 and then we switch to a pool view room at AKL from the 26th - 29th. Will we be able to access the lounge the entire day of the 26th? Even for evening offerings and desserts/cordials? Thanks!

We've done this SEVERAL times and never an issue. Most recently on NYE, we kept hopping back and forth between AKL CL and BLT and never had an issue.

I have another AKL Club Level question. Since it is the only Club Level available to DVC owners, do DVC members find they get treated differently than cash paying Club Level guests? It seems some times that DCV'ers get treated like second class citizens compared to AP or other guests.

Absolutely not. There's not really a way for them to know who is and who is not a DVC member. I guess they could see you coming out of the DVC rooms since they're on the 6th floor but it's not like they've seen me coming and scatter. We've stayed there too many times to count at this point and I've never felt like I was treated differently.

19 days until more magic!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

34 days until I'm happily sitting in the lounge at BWI.:flower:

Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

Not familiar with many Poly CMs but do know a few and have enjoyed renewing their acquaintance. We are scheduled to go the third week of Sept. and look forward to another good visit. We normally stay non-Cl but have been magically upgraded once or twice to CL, the last time being for my bd last March.

Hope you have another great Poly stay :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter