Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Sorry. I should have taken more pics, but I wanted to share the tiny little window in our 1-bed main bath at GDT. The privacy film was no where near high enough for me at 5’11”. I could look out and see the lake and casitas while I was in the shower.

View attachment 824772
What were they thinking?? That kind of set up is the kind of thing you sometimes see in Vegas.

What were they thinking?? That kind of set up is the kind of thing you sometimes see in Vegas.
We stayed in a 1-bed last year and did not have a giant window in our bathroom, so there are rooms that have a more private bathroom setup! I think this may have been done to keep symmetry from the outside? That was my only thought why they would have done it this way.

I have also been in that room. I’m 5’5” so when I stood in front the window to ouside I was “covered”.

Tall people @SkyGuy might not be as fortunate,
What about the tall people outside of the bathroom? What if your friends stop by and they are just looking around your room and whoopsy...things can't be unseen!

Last edited:
HI, can anyone tell me what the difference is between Contemporary CL Atrium and Tower levels? Can you eat at both lounges or can you only eat at the one on your floor? Is it exactly the same food it is one lounge better? TIA!

HI, can anyone tell me what the difference is between Contemporary CL Atrium and Tower levels? Can you eat at both lounges or can you only eat at the one on your floor? Is it exactly the same food it is one lounge better? TIA!

You can only use the lounge on your floor. The Tower Club is in the 14th floor. That floor has mostly suites, with only 2 king bed rooms & 3 - rooms with 2 queen beds. I haven’t stayed Atrium Club (12th floor) but I’ve read the balconies are a little bigger on the 14th floor. Previously only the Tower Club had sushi, but the last review said both lounges have it now. So both lounges now have exactly the same foods. The Tower Club lounge may be quieter at times, depending on how booked the suites are.

You can only use the lounge on your floor. The Tower Club is in the 14th floor. That floor has mostly suites, with only 2 king bed rooms & 3 - rooms with 2 queen beds. I haven’t stayed Atrium Club (12th floor) but I’ve read the balconies are a little bigger on the 14th floor. Previously only the Tower Club had sushi, but the last review said both lounges have it now. So both lounges now have exactly the same foods. The Tower Club lounge may be quieter at times, depending on how booked the suites are.
The Tower Balconies are much larger ! IMO .

Atrium balconies the exact same as the rest of the floors below.

I agree, Tower lounge is quieter :)

Thanks! One other question, has anyone had any luck getting a bounce back or AP discount on club level at Contemporary?

Do you mind sharing what Universal CL you tried? I am booking a stay there in July and might give the club level a try instead of a standard room. Thanks!
Hope it’s okay to pop in here. We have stayed club at Portofino bay and hard rock. Portofino Bay was amazing. Their club offerings were really strong at every meal, and it all tasted so good. It was crowded and loud in the lounge during the dinner time though. Hard rock was awful. Just terrible. My husband said he felt like he was staying at a best western. Offerings were paltry. Food was bad. Employees were efficient but unfriendly.

Hope it’s okay to pop in here. We have stayed club at Portofino bay and hard rock. Portofino Bay was amazing. Their club offerings were really strong at every meal, and it all tasted so good. It was crowded and loud in the lounge during the dinner time though. Hard rock was awful. Just terrible. My husband said he felt like he was staying at a best western. Offerings were paltry. Food was bad. Employees were efficient but unfriendly.
Thank you for this. We stayed at the Hard Rock last year and we really enjoyed it. The room was spacious, the pool was great, and we loved the short walk to the parks. So if the CL there isn't worth it I'll just book a regular room again. Besides, after 3 days at Uni we are then staying CL at Wilderness Lodge for 7 nights!

Portofino CL was great and I agree with your assessment except for the crowding. Never really crowded during our stay, plenty of tables/seats. Haven't stayed at Hard Rock, but saw reviews that echo what you said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter