Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Everyone picks out all of the chicken, beef, salmon, etc. If you aren't there right when the dishes are put out, there's nothing left but veggies and noodles.
They do this at Chronos Club as well. There are platters of food to serve yourself - not individual servings. Whatever meat they have, whether it be by itself or incorporated into another dish, is immediately gone while the vegetables sit there to cool.

They do this at Chronos Club as well. There are platters of food to serve yourself - not individual servings. Whatever meat they have, whether it be by itself or incorporated into another dish, is immediately gone while the vegetables sit there to cool.
It makes me appreciate the lounges that do the tiny individual servings. You can always get another, and the ratio of protein to veggie/starch is reasonable.

Do you mind sharing what Universal CL you tried? I am booking a stay there in July and might give the club level a try instead of a standard room. Thanks!

Hope it’s okay to pop in here. We have stayed club at Portofino bay and hard rock. Portofino Bay was amazing. Their club offerings were really strong at every meal, and it all tasted so good. It was crowded and loud in the lounge during the dinner time though. Hard rock was awful. Just terrible. My husband said he felt like he was staying at a best western. Offerings were paltry. Food was bad. Employees were efficient but unfriendly.
This was my experience too. CL at HRH was terrible. As in bad super-market quality offerings. I posted a review in the Universal Resort board. It was a last-minute trip during the very busy Columbus Day holiday, so I was happy to have found a room at all, (there were no other options), but it was painfully bad.

Any fellow AP CLers thinking about not rewind their APs. I’m on the fence.
I'm not. Lately I prefer trips where we spend most of our time at the resorts and Disney Springs. When we do go to a park it's only for a few hours and it's really only because we have the APs. Discounts on rooms and dining don't justify having APs if we aren't in the parks a lot. Once upon a time, the discounts did actually cover the cost. Those days are over.

I’m probably not, still debating, but I live on the other side of the country and was travelling to FL a lot to see my dad while he was still alive. My mom is in great shape and looking forward to visiting me. There is so much more flexibility with a regular parkhopper pass!!

I’m probably not, still debating, but I live on the other side of the country and was travelling to FL a lot to see my dad while he was still alive. My mom is in great shape and looking forward to visiting me. There is so much more flexibility with a regular parkhopper pass!!
Do you ever go to Disneyland?

Do you ever go to Disneyland?
I am going in June, meeting my DS and her daughter. I went once, like 10 years ago, but I didn’t love it. And I just did a night at DLH last fall (no parks). I grew up in FL going to WDW, so it has always seemed weird to me, so many people that aren’t staying there walking around and increasing crowding. I know most people stay off property there, but still, just not the same. I’ll give it a chance in June…

I am going in June, meeting my DS and her daughter. I went once, like 10 years ago, but I didn’t love it. And I just did a night at DLH last fall (no parks). I grew up in FL going to WDW, so it has always seemed weird to me, so many people that aren’t staying there walking around and increasing crowding. I know most people stay off property there, but still, just not the same. I’ll give it a chance in June…
Interesting. I’ve never been. I’ve always heard that it’s a very different vibe from DW like how you mentioned. I’m sure you’ll have fun. You’ll have to give us your comparison.

Ours expire in early May, I’m still deciding too. We’re fully retired now & spending a huge chunk on big renovation/ home improvement projects we put off over the years. Being retired is also making me evaluate how much we have spent at Disney & what we want to spend there going forward. What I am doing is weaning myself off CL. Last year we did 2 CL & 2 non CL trips. We’re going later this month for 10 days non CL. We have a 10 day CL trip for our anniversary in September, but nothing else planned for this year. I’m still figuring out when we’ll go next year. We have 2 AP vouchers from Sam’s Club a few years ago when the big price increase happened. I’m trying to strategize when to use those.

We do signature meals most nights, so the AP discount helps with that. I really miss the Tables In Wonderland card tho. I always saved a fortune every trip with that. The AP rates on regular rooms is decent. Just not sure it’s enough to offset the cost of the APs, even renewals. Right now I’m thinking I might let the APs lapse in May. Depending when we decide to go next year I’ll either activate the Sam’s vouchers or get discounted tickets from an online site.

Interesting. I’ve never been. I’ve always heard that it’s a very different vibe from DW like how you mentioned. I’m sure you’ll have fun. You’ll have to give us your comparison.
I’m doing GCH CL. 3 nights - and ouch. I really want to experience GCH CL once. But I have been kinda looking for a GF TPV room for my April WDW trip, currently in a CR CL (atrium). Fireworks from my room is non-negotiable, but I may let go of CL if I can get the GF room!

I’m doing GCH CL. 3 nights - and ouch. I really want to experience GCH CL once. But I have been kinda looking for a GF TPV room for my April WDW trip, currently in a CR CL (atrium). Fireworks from my room is non-negotiable, but I may let go of CL if I can get the GF room!

GCH CL looks really nice though. Keep checking. You never know when stuff pops up. Are you using an AP discount or a BB? I think they recently released a Disney visa discount as well.

Ours expire in early May, I’m still deciding too. We’re fully retired now & spending a huge chunk on big renovation/ home improvement projects we put off over the years. Being retired is also making me evaluate how much we have spent at Disney & what we want to spend there going forward. What I am doing is weaning myself off CL. Last year we did 2 CL & 2 non CL trips. We’re going later this month for 10 days non CL. We have a 10 day CL trip for our anniversary in September, but nothing else planned for this year. I’m still figuring out when we’ll go next year. We have 2 AP vouchers from Sam’s Club a few years ago when the big price increase happened. I’m trying to strategize when to use those.

We do signature meals most nights, so the AP discount helps with that. I really miss the Tables In Wonderland card tho. I always saved a fortune every trip with that. The AP rates on regular rooms is decent. Just not sure it’s enough to offset the cost of the APs, even renewals. Right now I’m thinking I might let the APs lapse in May. Depending when we decide to go next year I’ll either activate the Sam’s vouchers or get discounted tickets from an online site.
You do have to remember though, only the portion of a room discount that is higher than a general public discount actually can be attributed to an AP savings. It's tempting to do "Disney math" and count the entire thing :)

We are evaluating our vacation dollars also now that we're older and thinking about retirement. We've gone from club level suites multiple times a year to mixing in some cash stays in one bedroom villas. It's definitely different but the cost savings is remarkable.

We’re doing our first CL stay in May at Board Walk Inn. Our flight lands at 8:10pm so im really hoping we’ll make it in time for some snacks before bed 😂 We’ll be on a three hour time change and won’t be tired!
At that time of night it's pretty much just desserts in the club lounges which end at 10:00. If you think you'll need something other than sweets it's best to plan on a stop between the airport and WDW or do an advance grocery order so it's waiting for you at bell services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter