Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We arrived here in 7/16 and leaving 7/30. Each day the resort seems to be getting busier. Yesterday at EPCOT and crowds were extremely low. Contempo Cafe offerings very limited. Food at Cali Grill and the Wave have been very good. For dinner last night we ate at the Wave. I had a Cesar salad and "Bacon and Eggs" for my main. It was sooooo good. If you have questions I will try to help you. Today is lunch at Sanaa and AK.
Are you in the tower or garden? We have a tower room starting Aug. 3. I am starting to worry about the elevator situation. Did I understand correctly that you are not able to use the stairs to go up?

Are you in the tower or garden? We have a tower room starting Aug. 3. I am starting to worry about the elevator situation. Did I understand correctly that you are not able to use the stairs to go up?
We are in a Garden/Garden View room on the first floor. However we have taken the elevator often to the fourth floor. Wait has only been an issue after MK closer, and that was no more than 5 minutes. There are four elevators.

We are in a Garden/Garden View room on the first floor. However we have taken the elevator often to the fourth floor. Wait has only been an issue after MK closer, and that was no more than 5 minutes. There are four elevators.
Thank you so much for all the information! If you have time for any park/resort updates, they would be appreciated! Have a great time!

Did I understand correctly that you are not able to use the stairs to go up?
Correct in the Tower the external stairs are locked for reentry. They are designated as Emergency Exits so that is the reason.

As @Jillianna indicated above the elevator delays are primarily in the early evening when guests are exiting from the MK. Many guests stop at the Contemporary for food or to look around the resort. There can also be slight delays in the morning when it sometimes seems like everyone is trying to head out at the same time.

It is not like you have a 20 minute wait, you just can't walk up & push the button since the elevator capacity is reduced due to social distancing. Once the Monorails stop for the evening the elevators are not an issue.

Dave

Correct in the Tower the external stairs are locked for reentry. They are designated as Emergency Exits so that is the reason.

As @Jillianna indicated above the elevator delays are primarily in the early evening when guests are exiting from the MK. Many guests stop at the Contemporary for food or to look around the resort. There can also be slight delays in the morning when it sometimes seems like everyone is trying to head out at the same time.

It is not like you have a 20 minute wait, you just can't walk up & push the button since the elevator capacity is reduced due to social distancing. Once the Monorails stop for the evening the elevators are not an issue.

Dave
Many thanks! I am going to stop worrying about the elevator after just ONE more elevator question. 😝 In the morning, is it possible to go down the steps and use the entrance to the CR that is the entry from BLT walkway?

We arrived here in 7/16 and leaving 7/30. Each day the resort seems to be getting busier. Yesterday at EPCOT and crowds were extremely low. Contempo Cafe offerings very limited. Food at Cali Grill and the Wave have been very good. For dinner last night we ate at the Wave. I had a Cesar salad and "Bacon and Eggs" for my main. It was sooooo good. If you have questions I will try to help you. Today is lunch at Sanaa and AK.
We have lunch ADR at Sanaa next month. I hope they are doing the bread at lunchtime.

Many thanks! I am going to stop worrying about the elevator after just ONE more elevator question. 😝 In the morning, is it possible to go down the steps and use the entrance to the CR that is the entry from BLT walkway?
Not sure if you mean on the 1st floor or the 4th floor by the sky bridge to BLT.

I do know that you could re-enter from the outside stairs on the 4th floor on the north side of the building (where the sky bridge is to BLT). The north TPV side is where the seating area is to watch MK Fireworks and the Bay Lake side of the tower is where the sky bridge is located.

I have never used the stairs on the south side of the tower by the Chef Mickey's.

Dave

Thanks for the info!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Not sure if you mean on the 1st floor or the 4th floor by the sky bridge to BLT.

I do know that you could re-enter from the outside stairs on the 4th floor on the north side of the building (where the sky bridge is to BLT). The north TPV side is where the seating area is to watch MK Fireworks and the Bay Lake side of the tower is where the sky bridge is located.

I have never used the stairs on the south side of the tower by the Chef Mickey's.

Dave
Yes, I meant the sky bridge/4th floor. Thank you thank you!

In the morning, is it possible to go down the steps and use the entrance to the CR that is the entry from BLT walkway?
Yes, I was there last year and I was able to go down the steps and use the 4th floor entrance that meets up with the BLT walkway.

I was on the 5th floor and for most of the time I was there, someone else (not me) had propped open the door from the north external stairwell to the 5th floor hallway, so I was actually able to walk up to my room and avoid the crowded elevators. Of course, propping the door open is probably not something that is encouraged by Disney, so I'm not condoning it.

Anyone there now who can advise how the line on the walkway into MK has been at park opening? Debating what time to head down in the morning when we go. Would like to enjoy the cooler morning but avoid a crowd.

I keep reading about so many quests receiving pixie dust/upgrades from the garden wind to the main tower...is anyone in the garden wing now lol? That's where we're currently booked (garden view) in about a week. I'm actually hoping to stay in the garden wing as we were hoping for ground floor and the reports of long elevator waits scare me. We have a stroller age little one who often gets carried back at the end of the day and we usually stay ground floor. And without fireworks, it seems like a big theme park view perk is gone. Anyone there now or recent experience? Thanks!
We arrived yesterday and were upgraded from garden to main tower. I asked if I could decline the upgrade and stick with the garden wing. The cast member was extremely kind and gave me a 1st floor room in garden but it wasn’t ready until 6pm. Hope this helps!!

We arrived yesterday and were upgraded from garden to main tower. I asked if I could decline the upgrade and stick with the garden wing. The cast member was extremely kind and gave me a 1st floor room in garden but it wasn’t ready until 6pm. Hope this helps!!
Did your room just show on your MDE account or did you have to go the main desk when you arrived?

Did your room just show on your MDE account or did you have to go the main desk when you arrived?
I did get the notification on my app while eating at Liberty Tree Tavern. I did go to the front desk When I got there to see where I room was located at 11am

I did get the notification on my app while eating at Liberty Tree Tavern. I did go to the front desk When I got there to see where I room was located at 11am
Thank you ! We check in the 31st. We are GV in the GW too . Wonder what will happen to us. I would rather stay in my garden wing too. Read a lot of elevator issues in these threads.
if you get a chance can you comment on the afternoon pool situation. Are they crowded or not . Also can you tell me what time you are heading to the morning buses .
Hope you have a spectacular trip ! 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter