Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Everybody getting moved to the main tower is interesting. On the way hand, I was kinda looking forward to the garden wing/GV room as a more quiet, relaxing experience. On the other, there's something kinda cool about staying in the main tower (IF it's a TPV room). What are yall's thoughts on this? Worth it to move to the main tower? I did online checkin so I'll have to go by room number and figure it all out once it's assigned I guess.

As background we're not doing parks, just a one day/night resort only. Are the elevators only really an issue around park open/close time?

I’m torn on the upgrades they’re offering. On the one hand, I’d love a TPV. On the other, we use ECVs, and the elevators are always tricky. I feel like I’d always have people at the door who won’t move away to socially distance once they see I’m on there and trying to back out. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Everybody getting moved to the main tower is interesting. On the way hand, I was kinda looking forward to the garden wing/GV room as a more quiet, relaxing experience. On the other, there's something kinda cool about staying in the main tower (IF it's a TPV room). What are yall's thoughts on this? Worth it to move to the main tower? I did online checkin so I'll have to go by room number and figure it all out once it's assigned I guess.

As background we're not doing parks, just a one day/night resort only. Are the elevators only really an issue around park open/close time?

I have stayed Tower in various views , including club level , and I current book garden wing. I won’t fib, I book garden wing due to the reduced rate, but, I have come to enjoy staying in the garden wing with close access to the pools (Especially if I get 1st floor), how quickly I can be to the lobby or walkways, and etc.

If I do my September trip (still not fully decided ) then I will hope to be presented with this type of upgrade option , but I imagine that this pixie dust may not be sprinkled for too long.

What floors do the main tower start with guest rooms? Are there guest rooms on every floor?
In the tower rooms start on the 5th floor on the Bay lake side. There are no guest rooms below the 5th floor.

The first 2 digits of the room number added together indicate the floor number. The first guest room is 4101 thru 4124 (Bay Lake views) and there are no TPV rooms on that floor.

CR room numbers.jpg

Dave

Any word on the cabana rentals at CR? Hoping to book one day of if we can’t book in advance.
I just called . You are able to book Poly and Grand Floridian but not Contemporary yet. She told me something odd though. She said
I could rent at other resorts. I always rented at YC and we stayed there. I did not know you could rent from a redo you are not staying at. Is this correct ?
Poly patio were around $75
Grand Floridian cabana was 320 full day but hours are from noon to 7 pm . No half day rentals she said .
I am baffled by different resort rentals. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
Yea the pricing is an indication of what is offered. For example at the Poly, the 3 Cabanas are really just nice covered patios at the Oasis quiet pool. That is why the pricing is much lower and that $75 should be for a half day.

In the past at the GF and the CR the Cabanas could be rented by anyone and not just limited to GF / CR guests. Also the YC/BC Cabanas are only for resort guests but stocked and offer the same amenities as the GF and the CR.

Dave

Thank you ! We check in the 31st. We are GV in the GW too . Wonder what will happen to us. I would rather stay in my garden wing too. Read a lot of elevator issues in these threads.
if you get a chance can you comment on the afternoon pool situation. Are they crowded or not . Also can you tell me what time you are heading to the morning buses .
Hope you have a spectacular trip ! 😁
The elevators look crowded after MK closes and around 9 when folks are done eating. There are plenty of people in the garden wing, like the elephant family stomping above us😳. But no elevators mattered most to us.
heading to buses 45 minutes before the park opens. You can take monorail to other resorts to eat but it stops running at 8pm. Pool hasn’t been crowded the past 3 days In the late afternoon.

The elevators look crowded after MK closes and around 9 when folks are done eating. There are plenty of people in the garden wing, like the elephant family stomping above us😳. But no elevators mattered most to us.
heading to buses 45 minutes before the park opens. You can take monorail to other resorts to eat but it stops running at 8pm. Pool hasn’t been crowded the past 3 days In the late afternoon.
Thank you!

For guests currently there now, how crowded is the resort? Would you say 50% capacity? Are they booking rooms next to you or are they spacing the room bookings also?
For everyone in the Garden wing, does it seem fully booked? Seems like everyone who got relocated received GW at Contemporary lol.
Sorry one more, how many floors do the escalators go up to?

I just called . You are able to book Poly and Grand Floridian but not Contemporary yet. She told me something odd though. She said
I could rent at other resorts. I always rented at YC and we stayed there. I did not know you could rent from a redo you are not staying at. Is this correct ?
Poly patio were around $75
Grand Floridian cabana was 320 full day but hours are from noon to 7 pm . No half day rentals she said .
I am baffled by different resort rentals. Thoughts anyone?
I thought YC was only for BC/YC guests so I'm not sure. I called today too and she told me they were waiting for the CR cabanas to be coded into the system so they could be booked, so I'm not sure about anything at this point lol!! She did say only full day rentals would be available though.

I thought YC was only for BC/YC guests so I'm not sure. I called today too and she told me they were waiting for the CR cabanas to be coded into the system so they could be booked, so I'm not sure about anything at this point lol!! She did say only full day rentals would be available though.
Yes ! Full day only . Also from noon to 7 . It’s no longer 10-7 . So maybe why it is cheaper . Also maybe why they are not renting half days because they shortened the total rent time.

Yes ! Full day only . Also from noon to 7 . It’s no longer 10-7 . So maybe why it is cheaper . Also maybe why they are not renting half days because they shortened the total rent time.
Oh, that makes sense! I didn't think about that. I really want at least one day since we will have 2 down days. Thanks for the info!

I am booked for Garden View at the Garden Wing.
I just had two separate friends return from The Contemporary. Both said the elevators were a nightmare. One waited 40 minutes in a line at night to get to their room . How is everyone’s current experience.
Also after hearing them I am hoping not to be moved to the tower .

I keep reading about so many quests receiving pixie dust/upgrades from the garden wind to the main tower...is anyone in the garden wing now lol? That's where we're currently booked (garden view) in about a week. I'm actually hoping to stay in the garden wing as we were hoping for ground floor and the reports of long elevator waits scare me. We have a stroller age little one who often gets carried back at the end of the day and we usually stay ground floor. And without fireworks, it seems like a big theme park view perk is gone. Anyone there now or recent experience? Thanks!
I’m here now. Checked in 2 days ago and had requested highest floor. We arrived at 2:30 and didn’t get our em until 6. They offered a lower floor that was ready, but we chose to wait it out. We were originally upgraded to this resort in MT lake view from CBR due to the all the resorts being closed. We were then moved over to theme park view due to some issues next to us, so I feel like we got double pixie dust in a way. Bay Lake/pool view is absolutely beautiful, but TP is definitely special even without fireworks. The resort itself has low crowds, food court (Contempo Cafe) is practically empty. All food is ordered thru mobile order and packaged to go even if you choose to eat there. Refillable mugs are being filled by CMs. They hand you your drink in a paper cup. Lines to get into MK were nothing and only saw two other families on the path over from the resort, however we got there a little after 9am. The issue with the elevators is real so be warned. They are only allowing 4 ppl or 1 party per car. The lines to use them are long in the morning and at the end of the night after parks close. Stairs are not an option for going up since doors are locked from outside. This may be the time where garden wing is the real upgrade, lol.

Last edited:
For guests currently there now, how crowded is the resort? Would you say 50% capacity? Are they booking rooms next to you or are they spacing the room bookings also?
For everyone in the Garden wing, does it seem fully booked? Seems like everyone who got relocated received GW at Contemporary lol.
Sorry one more, how many floors do the escalators go up to?
We are in main tower Yes they are booking rooms next to each other. Resort is not full.I would say 50% or less. Parking is super easy and close. Elevators are horrible in early am and pm after parks close. In between times not an issue. Stairs can only be used to go down from rooms, not up to them. Escalators don’t go to room levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter