Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Back to the coffee makers at BLT. We had read at one point that they would be removed and we'd need to bring our own. Is that no longer the case? The normal coffee makers that we're used to will still be in the room with joffreys packets and cream/sugar/cups/stirrers?

Back to the coffee makers at BLT. We had read at one point that they would be removed and we'd need to bring our own. Is that no longer the case? The normal coffee makers that we're used to will still be in the room with joffreys packets and cream/sugar/cups/stirrers?
They are in the rooms / villas and were never removed.

Dave

Is it still possible to get "walk-up" seating for the lounge at California Grill? I'm thinking it might be nice to have the option to decide to go up for wine and a cheese board or something in the evening. Curious if this has been stopped due to covid, it used to just be based on if there was space.

Is it still possible to get "walk-up" seating for the lounge at California Grill? I'm thinking it might be nice to have the option to decide to go up for wine and a cheese board or something in the evening. Curious if this has been stopped due to covid, it used to just be based on if there was space.
The lounge seating has been removed. I would suggest making a reservation if you are thinking about the cheese board and wine!

When I was there (the first day it opened, not sure if it has changed) there were a few seats at the bar, many had been removed. There were a few people sitting there.

I honestly didn't pay any attention to the lounge area for some reason, even though I was sitting right there on that side of the restaurant, so I'll go with what @vinotinto says above!

The contemporary has discovered a way to limit the hours you spend at the pool - they play sting’s, “If I ever lose my faith in you” every 10 min and you leave because you can’t take it anymore. Sometimes they throw in a little Alanis, but mostly just Sting.😂
It really is strange because they’ll play quiet instrumental music for a long time, then the Sting song, loudly, over and over. They did it before closing last night. It has to drive the lifeguards crazy.
(I’m staying at BLT, face the contemporary, and have an infant that naps best in a crib, so am spending a lot of time on the balcony).

It's funny you mention this. I was at BLT the week before CR opened, but we walked around the CR grounds daily. Sometimes there would be the normal CR background music around the pool area, and sometimes that very loud Sting, Alanis, etc mix you mention. Maybe it has always been like that and I just never noticed, but didn't seem normal. I figured someone had plugged in a few personal playlist songs on the loop during the closure or something!

The lounge seating has been removed. I would suggest making a reservation if you are thinking about the cheese board and wine!
When I was there (the first day it opened, not sure if it has changed) there were a few seats at the bar, many had been removed. There were a few people sitting there.

I honestly didn't pay any attention to the lounge area for some reason, even though I was sitting right there on that side of the restaurant, so I'll go with what @vinotinto says above!

Thanks! I figured that may have happened :( . Stinks for spontaneous plans, but makes sense for capacity.

Thanks! I figured that may have happened :( . Stinks for spontaneous plans, but makes sense for capacity.

Remember The Wave bar is also open. We spontaneously sat there one night (at the time we were the only people there). The lounge area appeared to be open, although there wasn't anyone there so can't say for sure - it wasn't blocked off or otherwise marked not to sit there.

Not a great sub for the CG lounge, but an alternative.

I may be behind but when I was there the pool opened at 11. They let me have mine until 8. YMMV!
Thanks that’s good to know. 11-8 will work too! I think our BF reservation is at 930 so 11 will probably be better. Thanks for the heads up. With all of the changes, I’ve had to tell myself not to plan too much and just roll with it!:banana:

Thanks that’s good to know. 11-8 will work too! I think our BF reservation is at 930 so 11 will probably be better. Thanks for the heads up. With all of the changes, I’ve had to tell myself not to plan too much and just roll with it!:banana:
I tried looking at 10:15 yesterday what lunch availability there was at noon same day. Most were 12,12:10 or 12:20. So at least to decide same day where to eat seemed reasonable,

I didn’t have time but I need to check midday what evening times there are.

My reservation says 10am-?
If we leave our cabana can we come back later? My first cabana. 8-)

They may have adjusted pool hours by now, I'm not sure? Or the cabana booking people may just have old/standard info that doesn't match on the ground hours? Not sure there, so maybe someone there now can report.

Yes, you can come/go. May just want to let a rec CM know so they don't start packing up, in case it "looks" like you've totally left for the day.

What is BF? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter