Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Has the elevator situation gotten better since they opened the stairways? I arrive tomorrow and want to be prepared . Thx

Has the elevator situation gotten better since they opened the stairways? I arrive tomorrow and want to be prepared . Thx
It’s probably like buses. Rope drop , or end of night busy. However midday probably not so bad.

I have a trip soon and I’m not worried. You can stay home if it’s a problem. Me ? Nope!!!!

Enjoy your trip! It’s gonna be amazing!

Is it still possible to get "walk-up" seating for the lounge at California Grill? I'm thinking it might be nice to have the option to decide to go up for wine and a cheese board or something in the evening. Curious if this has been stopped due to covid, it used to just be based on if there was space.
Yes, you can, but you may have to wait. We had dinner there last night and while waiting for our table, Craig from The Dis walked up and asked about eating in the lounge, they told him it might be a 30 min wait, but he was up there sitting at the bar a few minutes after we were seated. I was too shy to say hello! This was at 8:15.

All the lounges we went to have been allowing people to sit at the bar, btw.

Tried to fax a room request today and it would not go through. Fax number seems to be malfunctioning as it picks up then makes a funny ring for a while before finally the fax starts negotiating, confusing the sending machine. I tried on my office fax as well as a fedex office store and they both failed. Anyone else happen to try today?

For anyone that has recently stayed there - how much time do you need to be down for the bus to get to the park at opening?

Staying at BLT for the first time in early September. 2 questions:
1. Is there any rumor that the Epcot monorail loop will start up soon?
2. How is the elevator situation?

No update on the Epcot line at this time. The elevators are not an issue like the CR Tower. From time to time you might have to wait for another elevator due to social distancing at BLT. There are no restaurants or stores open to the public in BLT.

There are also no extra visitors / guests at BLT. The CR gets lots of extra visitors due to it proximity to the MK via the walkway and resort monorail.

Dave

@hammie59 you mean like use the elevator at an off time? Does the stairs on the BLT side exit out to that terrace? Maybe you can use the stairs to go down?
I'll be there Aug 28-31 by myself...
Yes, if you can manage to arrange your day where you aren’t coming and going with the masses, you’ll have less waits for an elevator. Basically the hours before parks open and the hours after they close. Its’s a little tricky since right now the times are staggered with AK opening the earliest and ET closing the latest. Right now hours are (MK 9-7) (ET 11-9) (HS 10-8) (AK 8-6). Staying on the higher floors is a benefit because you have a better chance at getting an empty one going down. We were on the 11th and had a very easy time going down. However, the ppl on the middle floors were left with long waits since elevators were full by time it got to their floor. Going up they have markers on the floor with double lines set up on the 1st and 4th levels which gets confusing when it’s busy since they are on two separate sides of the elevator and some ppl don’t switch off in order. It can a little be stressful.

You can use stairs to go down only if you don’t want to re-enter the resort (except on 4th level). You can go up all the way to top if you just want to look out at the view since each level has an open area in the stairwell. I think you can only enter stairwells from room levels to do that. Also, no re-entry if coming down (as far as I know) except on 4th level where it leads on onto a terrace with doors that go into main area with gift shop and food court, etc. Since you’ll be there alone, the elevators won’t be as much as a problem for you. Parties of 3 or less can take others with them. The limit is 4 technically. But we allowed others to ride with us (we are 4ppl) and vice versa. We just never did the sardine thing.

It’s probably like buses. Rope drop , or end of night busy. However midday probably not so bad.

I have a trip soon and I’m not worried. You can stay home if it’s a problem. Me ? Nope!!!!

Enjoy your trip! It’s gonna be amazing!
You are correct. Midday and late nights are not bad at all. Early evening is another story, but it’s doable. We just left after a 10 night stay and noticed a shift in resort and park attendance over the last few days with it getting busier. Hopefully not too much more for your sake!

Tried to fax a room request today and it would not go through. Fax number seems to be malfunctioning as it picks up then makes a funny ring for a while before finally the fax starts negotiating, confusing the sending machine. I tried on my office fax as well as a fedex office store and they both failed. Anyone else happen to try today?
Don't bother faxing a request. Just add it to your reservation.

Hello everyone,
We are headed to CR to celebrate our 35th Anniversary 8/14-8/16. We have California Grill for 8/14 for our anniversary big night out and our planning to go to Epcot for fun on 8/15. Looks like nothing at The Wave for breakfast( right now) Should I bring breakfast food and maybe snacks? Is the store open ? Can we maybe sit at the bar at The Wave? (loved that in the past)
Any CR tips from those who have been there recently? We are in a GW room for the first time, we are super excited and just so happy we can go that we would stay in the broom closet!! Anything we need to know about not being in the Tower?
Thanks for any advice

Hello everyone,
We are headed to CR to celebrate our 35th Anniversary 8/14-8/16. We have California Grill for 8/14 for our anniversary big night out and our planning to go to Epcot for fun on 8/15. Looks like nothing at The Wave for breakfast( right now) Should I bring breakfast food and maybe snacks? Is the store open ? Can we maybe sit at the bar at The Wave? (loved that in the past)
Any CR tips from those who have been there recently? We are in a GW room for the first time, we are super excited and just so happy we can go that we would stay in the broom closet!! Anything we need to know about not being in the Tower?
Thanks for any advice
The Wave does have breakfast, just not the buffet.

Looks like nothing at The Wave for breakfast( right now) Should I bring breakfast food and maybe snacks? Is the store open ? Can we maybe sit at the bar at The Wave?
Chef Mickey's is serving a family style breakfast and has ADRs for 7:35 AM on 8/15. The Wave has later breakfast ADR starting at 9:05 AM. The Fantasia Marketplace is open. And yes the Wave bar is open with social distancing.

The Garden Wing is very nice, same size rooms as the tower and much quieter in general. Only 3 floors, 1st floor has a patio and 2nd & 3rd floors only have a sliding window with a railing with no balcony.

Dave

Chef Mickey's is serving a family style breakfast and has ADRs for 7:35 AM on 8/15. The Wave has later breakfast ADR starting at 9:05 AM. The Fantasia Marketplace is open. And yes the Wave bar is open with social distancing.

The Garden Wing is very nice, same size rooms as the tower and much quieter in general. Only 3 floors, 1st floor has a patio and 2nd & 3rd floors only have a sliding window with a railing with no balcony.

Dave
Thank you- we have been by the Garden Wing dozens of times and I never noticed it had 3 floors. I am so glad the Market is available still and I am thinking now Chef Mickeys as an alternative.

Staying at BLT for the first time in early September. 2 questions:
1. Is there any rumor that the Epcot monorail loop will start up soon?
2. How is the elevator situation?

I’ve been at BLT all week and the elevator bank we use (South elevators, I think) isn’t busy at all. We haven’t shared with any other parties and haven’t had to wait more than a minute at any point.

Thank you- we have been by the Garden Wing dozens of times and I never noticed it had 3 floors. I am so glad the Market is available still and I am thinking now Chef Mickeys as an alternative.
I am looking forward to it. I watched a video and wow so much yummy food and you get to watch the monorail etc.

I am going to get a mimosa too! Vacation right?

...can’t stop thinking of the cheesy potatoes....🤔

I am looking forward to it. I watched a video and wow so much yummy food and you get to watch the monorail etc.

I am going to get a mimosa too! Vacation right?

...can’t stop thinking of the cheesy potatoes....🤔
We cannot wait either. I just read the Wave has grits too!! Nothing is more special than watching the monorail and having a mimosa!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter