Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This layout is serious trouble for families.

View attachment 413143

Maybe families aren't the target demographic for the tower? I'm not sure.
It's the same as Polynesian (vanity/sink in same room a shower and toilet) and that resort is always booked, so who knows. I can see where it's difficult though - Beach Club has a separate vanity/shower area.

We are two adults, so it's fine for us.

Maybe families aren't the target demographic for the tower? I'm not sure.
It's the same as Polynesian (vanity/sink in same room a shower and toilet) and that resort is always booked, so who knows. I can see where it's difficult though - Beach Club has a separate vanity/shower area.

We are two adults, so it's fine for us.
I totally agree on the demographic. Just an observation. Does the Poly have glass doors? I was only there once and seem to recall a curtain which affords modesty while others use the sink.

I totally agree on the demographic. Just an observation. Does the Poly have glass doors? I was only there once and seem to recall a curtain which affords modesty while others use the sink.

A curtain!

I hadn't thought about that. With two of us it's easy to take turns.

I travel with my teen son but it’s still not an issue. He gets up 10 minutes before we leave and I’m definitely done with the bathroom by then. I agree that it may be intentional not to cater to families. The rest of the rooms on property are set up with the sinks in a separate yet doored off area so it’s not like families don’t have other options if this layout doesn’t work for them.

Does anyone know if the tower will have a food court in the building or if you'll have to go over to the one in the other building?

While we were at AKL CL last week I asked a CL CM if they had any updates on CSR’s new CL. I was told that it’s still unknown to them as well, but that during the previous week they had CSR staff come in & see how things are being run in the AKL lounge. CM said he had no idea if they were going to each CL and observing, but they did come to AKL.

I just made a switch to CSR. I was booked at PORFQ because I like the overall theming and that it is small and quiet BUT those new rooms just don't do it for me. The mint-ish green wall with so much empty space just didn't give me homey, comfy vibes. Looking online and at youtube videos I said it almost was like a hospital room now.

Then we watched CSR videos and I admit I'm a bit concerned about the size of the resort but when I saw the rooms, it just made me feel like it will be a nice place to relax after a long day at the parks. The warm lighting, Three Caballeros decor , coffee station area and sliding doors separating the washroom and sink area made me feel like it's so much more warm and inviting. I've stayed at POFQ 3 times, the most recent being 2017, call me shallow but the rooms made the place a no from me this time. I just hope I am not overwhelmed by the size and distance of CSR.

Oh, I forgot to mention changing to CSR for the same room category saved my $70 for our stay.

Can I put in a request that I would like a room in Casitas close to El Centro? I think that area looks the nicest to me and closest to El Centro (some parts anyways). I did not pay for a preferred room but I would like to ask for something as close as possible within my category.

I just made a switch to CSR. I was booked at PORFQ because I like the overall theming and that it is small and quiet BUT those new rooms just don't do it for me. The mint-ish green wall with so much empty space just didn't give me homey, comfy vibes. Looking online and at youtube videos I said it almost was like a hospital room now.

Then we watched CSR videos and I admit I'm a bit concerned about the size of the resort but when I saw the rooms, it just made me feel like it will be a nice place to relax after a long day at the parks. The warm lighting, Three Caballeros decor , coffee station area and sliding doors separating the washroom and sink area made me feel like it's so much more warm and inviting. I've stayed at POFQ 3 times, the most recent being 2017, call me shallow but the rooms made the place a no from me this time. I just hope I am not overwhelmed by the size and distance of CSR.

Oh, I forgot to mention changing to CSR for the same room category saved my $70 for our stay.

Can I put in a request that I would like a room in Casitas close to El Centro? I think that area looks the nicest to me and closest to El Centro (some parts anyways). I did not pay for a preferred room but I would like to ask for something as close as possible within my category.

Yes, Casitas 4 & 5 have standard rooms. They are close to bus stop 2 (first pick up when going to parks), near the bridge to the new lake restaurant and shortcut to feature pool as well as close to El Centro for most restaurants.

Interesting what you say about the rooms - In fancied staying at POFQ, as lots of people rave about it, but the videos and photos of the rooms just didn't look anywhere near as good as the CSR rooms. So I couldn't justify spending more to stay at a resort which, to me at least, had inferior rooms.

There were select previews last night. Search #grandestino or #coronadospringsresort on Instagram recent posts to see room pics.
(Yes, the sinks are in the same room as the clear shower).

Thats disappointing. Seems a strange decision. Even frosted glass would have been adequate.

Interesting what you say about the rooms - In fancied staying at POFQ, as lots of people rave about it, but the videos and photos of the rooms just didn't look anywhere near as good as the CSR rooms. So I couldn't justify spending more to stay at a resort which, to me at least, had inferior rooms.

Yes! I love POFQ as a resort. It's small and quiet and beautifully themed. I just wish with the room upgrades they would have made them like CSR with sliding doors and warm lighting with a Kuerig coffee station. And those nearly bare walls make it seem so cold. So going to save a few dollars and try a new experience as CSR this time.

While we were at AKL CL last week I asked a CL CM if they had any updates on CSR’s new CL. I was told that it’s still unknown to them as well, but that during the previous week they had CSR staff come in & see how things are being run in the AKL lounge. CM said he had no idea if they were going to each CL and observing, but they did come to AKL.

I'm not sure if this is club level but it may be

Last edited:

Yayyy!! Thank you so much!! It certainly looks like it! We’re staying CL there in 16 days & I’m so excited! Been hunting for info but this is the first I’ve seen. I really appreciate it & you’ve gotten me extra hyped! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter