Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Good Morning- we are checking into the GF on July 12. We’ve been to Disney many times and stayed in every level of hotel (BC Poly CSR Pop POR BWI) but never the GF. Last night my daughter and I were watching YouTube and came across a review stating the walls at the GF are paper thin and this couple in the video could hear every word of their neighbors conversations. We then went to Trip Advisor to read reviews but didn’t find any complaints about this issue. Anyone here have any experience with this and can reassure me that I will be able to sleep while there? TYIA for any info you can provide.

I don’t know if this needs reporting or not, but as of last night, drink stations in Gasparilla Grill are still run by cast members. We haven’t seen this anywhere else, including the GF pool. I guess it’s because of the freestyle machines. The cast members are very nice but it feels like such a hassle, for the them AND us. :)

We haven’t heard a peep from any neighbors. So we haven’t noticed thin walls. But maybe we were just too tired to notice.

Here now… walkway to the Polynesian is still closed. And a boat coming from Magic Kingdom just passed us and went straight to the Poly without a GF pickup.

Good Morning- we are checking into the GF on July 12. We’ve been to Disney many times and stayed in every level of hotel (BC Poly CSR Pop POR BWI) but never the GF. Last night my daughter and I were watching YouTube and came across a review stating the walls at the GF are paper thin and this couple in the video could hear every word of their neighbors conversations. We then went to Trip Advisor to read reviews but didn’t find any complaints about this issue. Anyone here have any experience with this and can reassure me that I will be able to sleep while there? TYIA for any info you can provide.

I think I saw the review your speaking of and I have to say in all the years and all the stays I have never heard a conversation, sneeze or bathroom noises...lol. There have been a few families that came in after us and still very excited, but after a few minutes its gotten quiet.

Have a great time and don't worry. If by chance that happens I am sure the cast members will help you out.

I talked to some cast members about the restaurants. A Citricos server told me “late July” for opening. I think that has been reported here before. I asked about 1900 Park Fare and was told “next year” by one person and the next day a cast member said “we are looking at the first of the year.”

I talked to some cast members about the restaurants. A Citricos server told me “late July” for opening. I think that has been reported here before. I asked about 1900 Park Fare and was told “next year” by one person and the next day a cast member said “we are looking at the first of the year.”
Any rumors about Victoria and Albert?

I asked about 1900 Park Fare and was told “next year” by one person and the next day a cast member said “we are looking at the first of the year.”

Better late than never, but I was really hoping they'd be open by the time we're there in Oct!

Here now...our Lagoon View in Big Pine Key is less lagoon and more big pine :rotfl:

Still very relaxing and the balcony is huge!

We had dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe last night. The menu is still limited but it we excellent and service was great!

Attachments

• 20210622_061820.jpg
    20210622_061820.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 61
June 3-10: Boca Chica, Room 8427, TPV. The view was great. We watched the water parade every night from our balcony. CM's were great. We loved the boat to MK because it was the fastest way for us to travel. It was a bit of walk through the main building and around the pool to get to our building, but nothing like the walk we had to the room at ASSp in the Hoops building, third floor. QS at GF was the best we've had at any WDW resort so far. We enjoyed mobile ordering. The towels & trash every other day wasn't the best. Our schedule must have been off having two taking showers at night & two in the morning because we had to call for extra towels & wash cloths on two separate occasions. We went back to the room after lunch most days to rest before going back to the parks. One day the tv and all of the ports on the dresser went out. "Engineering" came up and the electrical cord in the back had just come loose from the wall, I guess just from wear and tear over time. No problems with that. Since we did get a "magical upgrade" because our original booking was Poly, least expensive room type possible, we'll probably never be back to GF, but DH said this was his favorite resort so far. We have stayed Contemporary CL, Fort Wilderness camping, ASSp, & ASMusic.

In regards to Narcoosee's. The food we ordered filet, and one fish was prepared very well, and presentation was excellent. What we did not care for was the lack of waiter enthusiasm. Maybe they are told to be classy, but for us he seemed a tad bit "stuffy", just going through the motions. Oh don't get me wrong, he did his job well, just that the personal touch of interaction with guest was lacking. I guess that is the type of service you get when you eat at a very established venue.
California Grill and Le cellar, still remain our top places for celebrations. Just my view.

Love the food at Le Cellier, but not the atmosphere! Too cramped and dark for those prices

Interesting, I called last week wanting to reserve one and was told none were available. I assumed somehow they had sold out. Wasn't told that I just couldn't book it that far out. I ended up booking a cabana instead.
I booked one 60 days out for our August trip...no issues at all

Anybody staying at GF right now, are the walkways to MK and Poly open? I know the path to Poly had been closed. Somebody else said the path to MK was also closed. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter