Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been like that for almost a week now. What's bad is that I had my requests selected prior to the change and it deleted my requests when the option for Tuvalu was removed. I ended up calling in to make my requests.

So those that have checked in and made requests - you may want to double check that they're still in there!!

Boo :-( I had my requests as well and was just double-checking out of curiosity and noticed that. Maybe that's good news for people like us who call-in requests? Thinning the herd? Lol

25 days, and my magic bands arrived today! There were no luggage tags, though. Do the not send luggage tags anymore?

25 days, and my magic bands arrived today! There were no luggage tags, though. Do the not send luggage tags anymore?

I'm at 27 days, no magic bands yet but my luggage tags arrived weeks ago after I confirmed my flight details.

Aloha Poly peeps! It's been awhile since I've been on. We've been super busy moving into a new home and life is just so hectic. But I need to get up to date on all the Poly and Disney news so I can plan our next vacay. We had a super bad experience on our last trip and had to move over the the GF. The poly really did try to make it right, but it was just too much. We swore off the poly and thought we'd do GF or Beach Club this next trip. But alas. We love the poly and hope it was just reno stress that made it so bad last time. We're giving it another shot. We'll stay club level this time for an extra treat.

So excited!! :)

The same thing happened to us. The 1st time we stayed at the Poly was during the renovation and had a bad experience. We decided to try it again two weeks ago and we absolutely loved it. I believe it is now my favorite. It was so wonderful. Give it another try.

View attachment 192782

Does anyone else's online check-in look like this? They completely eliminated all building options except Aotearoa :-( I'm still calling and faxing-in a request, but this makes me really nervous :-(

Mine did too!! Whats up?

Looks just like mine as well... I'm just going to fax and call, skipping that part all together.

Ugh. Hopefully it's a temporary glitch? It's kind of weird that they would leave Aotearoa instead of just eliminating all building choices...

It's because of things like this, and the Online Request options have NEVER made sense IMHO, that I have always skipped the room request section during Online Check In. I much prefer to put our requests in exactly how I want to. Then I don't have to worry about what THEY decide are good requests.

Yup, and my prior choices had been Fiji and balcony. Now they're gone. :(

Fiji + Balcony are my faves too!
It's because of things like this, and the Online Request options have NEVER made sense IMHO, that I have always skipped the room request section during Online Check In. I much prefer to put our requests in exactly how I want to. Then I don't have to worry about what THEY decide are good requests.

Yeah, I'm tempted to remove my online room request and just use my phoned-in and faxed requests. Has anyone else done this and had success? I did all 3 options last year and got my dream location so I can't tell which method was the winner. haha

Yeah, I'm tempted to remove my online room request and just use my phoned-in and faxed requests. Has anyone else done this and had success? I did all 3 options last year and got my dream location so I can't tell which method was the winner. haha

I have only ever phoned in our requests and we have had a 85%* success rate. *Past performance is no guarantee of future success*

Haha so true! I'll try that and see how it goes. We can't complain, though. Being at the Poly totally makes our trip regardless of where our room is :-)

We are leaving in 33 days. We received luggage tags today. Magic bands are supposed to ship Sept. 8th.

Haha so true! I'll try that and see how it goes. We can't complain, though. Being at the Poly totally makes our trip regardless of where our room is :-)

It's funny, I thought everyone was crazy, obsessing about room locations. We requested a king room through our TA and played room roulette after that. I wish now that I had made some requests. We enjoyed our Poly stay but I think we would have loved it with a different view off the balcony. Just my 2 cents :)

We are leaving in 33 days. We received luggage tags today. Magic bands are supposed to ship Sept. 8th.

Just to clarify, I did receive my magical express tags. I was asking about the cute luggage tags that Disney sends with Magic Bands if you book directly with Disney.

When I go back my room priority would be:

- Location to the Great Ceremonial House
- Ground Floor Room
- View out the window

We were in Fiji, 1st Floor, Facing the marina ..... We were SUPER SPOILED with out room. It was a 30 sec walk to the GCH, we had a patio and a great view.

The only downside I think people could have is the amount of foot traffic that walks by, but I would take this same room every time I stayed at the Poly with a very very large grin on my face!

I did not get to see the options because I previously phoned in my request. I just requested a balcony because that is what was most important to me.

How crowded has it been on the beach during the fireworks? Are non Poly guests still allowed to watch from there os is it reserved for guests?

Also trying to decide which breakfast to choose for a 24 year old and his mother? Went to Kona last year, had a not so great experience at Ohana a few years back he has been t neither.

The beach for fireworks isn't "busy", but if you show up right before they start you won't have a beach chair to sit in. However, we had no problem standing or sitting on a rock.

You can watch them from different spots all over the resort, unobstructed views. They also pipe the fireworks songs through speakers at the resort.

If you want to sit down and watch the fireworks with no crowd, very few people, try the patio at Trader Sams. That's were I watched them our last night while it was pouring rain.

99 days!!!! Double digits!

The time will go fast and you will be at the Poly before you know it! :goodvibes

Aloha Poly peeps! It's been awhile since I've been on. We've been super busy moving into a new home and life is just so hectic. But I need to get up to date on all the Poly and Disney news so I can plan our next vacay. We had a super bad experience on our last trip and had to move over the the GF. The poly really did try to make it right, but it was just too much. We swore off the poly and thought we'd do GF or Beach Club this next trip. But alas. We love the poly and hope it was just reno stress that made it so bad last time. We're giving it another shot. We'll stay club level this time for an extra treat.

So excited!! :)

Glad you're giving the Poly another try. I hope this next trip is better than the last. Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

25 days, and my magic bands arrived today!

It's always exciting getting Disney mail :yay:.

We are leaving in 33 days.

Your trip will be here before you know it ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter