Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...has anyone requested patio or balcony and not gotten either one? I'd forgo requesting a longhouse to basically guarantee not getting 2nd floor somewhere.

Yes. We booked thru Dreams and I was adamant about our patio or balcony request. I was assur d that all CL levels rooms had a balcony or patio. I didn't care about view, just that I wanted an outdoor space where we could sit at night. We were CL at Poly and got a 2nd floor room with no balcony. We pushed about this and had the option of switching after our first night but we're not willing to give up a park day to move.

I was mildly annoyed because our travel agent assured me that a Poly club room absolutely was either a patio or balcony room. She was shocked to learn the 2nd flor club level rooms didn't have a balcony.

Sitting on DME waiting to leave MCO for my first Poly stay!! I'm afraid it's going to be awhile; there's only three other families on the bus and we've been sitting here for a bit. I just want to get there!! So excited!
That wait is the worst! Have a great time!

Sitting on DME waiting to leave MCO for my first Poly stay!! I'm afraid it's going to be awhile; there's only three other families on the bus and we've been sitting here for a bit. I just want to get there!! So excited!

Hope you have an amazing trip!

They were for us during spring break.
Love being at a monarail resort. Being spoiled on vacation is the best.
Enjoy your trip Eddie512.

Who delivers pizza and that sort of thing to Poly? I know there's room service pizza but looking for other options. Thanks.

We check into the Poly on July 4th, so excited! Never stayed at a monorail resort...have the monorails been pretty reliable?

You can occasionally have a 'bad' monorail day with delays, etc, and once in awhile around here you'll read a really bad report, but (knock on wood) I've had great monorail luck in my travels - always dependable and very convenient. I've sat through a couple of computer re-boots which take 3-4 minutes, but nothing crazy.

The hours have generally been trending in a good way lately too, which hasn't necessarily been the case over the last few years. Here's a link to the current Times Guide: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

As you can see, only Monday of this particular week has an inconvenient start time for both the resort and Epcot lines relative to park hours (8:30 and 9AM, respectively).

Hours change week to week, so make sure to check the Times Guide when you get there.

Have fun!

You can occasionally have a 'bad' monorail day with delays, etc, and once in awhile around here you'll read a really bad report, but (knock on wood) I've had great monorail luck in my travels - always dependable and very convenient. I've sat through a couple of computer re-boots which take 3-4 minutes, but nothing crazy.

The hours have generally been trending in a good way lately too, which hasn't necessarily been the case over the last few years. Here's a link to the current Times Guide: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

As you can see, only Monday of this particular week has an inconvenient start time for both the resort and Epcot lines relative to park hours (8:30 and 9AM, respectively).

Hours change week to week, so make sure to check the Times Guide when you get there.

Have fun!
I had great monorail luck 3 out of 4 of my trips last year. When it rained, it poured. I rolled back into MK and evacuated, Epcot line lost power, waited 15 for a resort line reboot, resort line broke on a party night at GF (where I was staying) and it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to MK by boat. These were all separate occasions.

But I still love the monorail! LOL

So first impressions: the resort itself is absolutely gorgeous. It really does make me feel relaxed and happy. Adore Captain Cooks. Love the Oasis Pool and the friendly service from the bartenders.
The only let down is the room itself. The location in Tokelau is absolutely amazing, but the room was not properly cleaned prior to check in. Merchandise tags and crumbs on the floor. Hair in the shower. Two towels wth spots all over them when you hold them up to the light. So that's a little disappointing, especially considering how pricey these rooms are. But I'm absolutely in love with the resort itself!!!

So first impressions: the resort itself is absolutely gorgeous. It really does make me feel relaxed and happy. Adore Captain Cooks. Love the Oasis Pool and the friendly service from the bartenders.
The only let down is the room itself. The location in Tokelau is absolutely amazing, but the room was not properly cleaned prior to check in. Merchandise tags and crumbs on the floor. Hair in the shower. Two towels wth spots all over them when you hold them up to the light. So that's a little disappointing, especially considering how pricey these rooms are. But I'm absolutely in love with the resort itself!!!

I'm not one to complain even when I encounter situations like this in hotels (stuff happens), but I'd definitly take pics and go down to the front desk (don't call), ask for a manager, and let them know about the condition of your room. That sounds worthy of at least someone knowing that that particular Mousekeeper is not doing a particularly good job.

Hope you have a wonderful rest of the stay, even with any bumps along the way.

Has anyone ever used Amazon Prime at the Polynesian? I know this has been asked, but the threads are all over the place. I'm familiar with Garden Grocer, but I wanted to buy several baby items that'll be cheaper via amazon.

We check in August 23, and I'm so concerned about housekeeping. I've heard so many bad things about the housekeeping at the Polynesian lately. We will have an exhausted one year old ready for a nap or bed by the time we check in, so it's not like taking pictures, going to see a manager, and waiting to have the room properly cleaned is going to be high on my list of to do's. I just need it to be clean.

Sorry to hear your room is not clean. I agree with GADisneyDad14, you should definitely bring it to the attention of the person in charge of housekeeping. I can let a lot of things slide but a room not being cleaned I just cannot get past. This happened to us at the beach club a few years back and they had someone come and properly clean the room. I felt so much better after that. I understand things happen but you deserve a clean room. Management will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter