Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the 4th of July coverage is giving me serious "Poly Pout" as the first post puts it. This is our first summer without a summer trip since 2014, and 4 years ago from this moment, we were just pulling out of our driveway to start the 20+ hour drive from NJ to WDW. I miss the fireworks, pool, and summer fun at the Poly.

I hear ya! We were at the Poly for the 4th of July three years ago and I’m really missing it this year. We just returned from an 11-day trip last week, but now I’m wishing we would’ve pushed our trip back a week so we could’ve enjoyed all the festivities. I know next year is a no-go because we have a trip out west planned, but maybe 2020. We were thinking August of that year, but July is sounding pretty good right now.

Last edited:
The photos y'all have posted in the last few pages have been spectacular! I'm sorry to hear about the hassles caused by the weather, but glad it all went well eventually. I usually avoid WDW during holiday periods, but this thread made me want to visit on the 4th!

I’ve had the good fortune to be able to enjoy Poly last year and this year for 7/4 as well as NYE this past year. I have a few (arguably) small gripes with the way management runs these special days around the resort, but that aside, they are (in my humble opinion) very special and very fun times to be at WDW and Poly has provided the backdrop for some wonderful memories. As much as I’d selfishly like to tell people to stay away - it’s overall a great time to stay at Poly.

I’ve had the good fortune to be able to enjoy Poly last year and this year for 7/4 as well as NYE this past year. I have a few (arguably) small gripes with the way management runs these special days around the resort, but that aside, they are (in my humble opinion) very special and very fun times to be at WDW and Poly has provided the backdrop for some wonderful memories. As much as I’d selfishly like to tell people to stay away - it’s overall a great time to stay at Poly.

May I ask, by chance did your wife have red shorts on today? My hubby said he was at the pool bar getting drinks the same time as her and he kept insisting she looked and sounded just like his co-workers wife! We had to tell her! While chatting she said was from GA! She was SO nice if it was!

Last edited:
The photos y'all have posted in the last few pages have been spectacular! I'm sorry to hear about the hassles caused by the weather, but glad it all went well eventually. I usually avoid WDW during holiday periods, but this thread made me want to visit on the 4th!
We also avoid WDW during holidays, but the pics were spectacular:Pinkbounc..Who knows maybe one day!:yay:

How did they know/enforce that the people on the beach were actually staying at the Poly? When we were there over the 4th in 2015, it wasn’t enforced at all. I had heard that it was going to be, but no one standing around us was a guest staying at the Poly. I was just curious how they are enforcing this now.

Last edited:
They did have an arcade at the Polynesian but it is now gone and Lilo's Playhouse is on the way out as of July 31st. The remaining arcades are on borrowed time in my opinion.

Dave
So no arcades and no kids room at Poly? Is this for all deluxes?

Following the 4th of July coverage is giving me serious "Poly Pout" as the first post puts it. This is our first summer without a summer trip since 2014, and 4 years ago from this moment, we were just pulling out of our driveway to start the 20+ hour drive from NJ to WDW. I miss the fireworks, pool, and summer fun at the Poly.
I understand how you feel. The last time we went on vacation anywhere was in 2015. DD graduated high school in 2016 and between all of the expensive senior activities, prom, grad party, etc., plus upcoming college tuition, we had to take a break from vacationing. Then we had to replace my vehicle, then DD's vehicle. Finally this year we could afford to return to WDW, this time to the Polynesian. I had three years of yearning to be in WDW. In 13 days, we will be making that long drive from CT, and I can't wait!

Last night, I watched the fireworks on the live-streaming, and they were spectacular. I'm sure that they were even more amazing in person. I see people complain that the Poly Bungalows block the fireworks view. From my computer screen, it appeared that the fireworks were high enough in the sky to see them, well above the Bungalows. I can see the Bungalows blocking the view of Bay Lake, but the fireworks? Obviously, my perspective was quite different as I was not standing on the beach.

I also read that they can be viewed from the pool. Is that true? That would be my preferred viewing spot over standing on the beach.

Love the pics, can't wait for August!!!

I'm (impatiently) waiting with you, although I won't be there until October :(.

We arrive in 42 days, and I just can't wait :love:

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it! :yay:

Sad to say it’s our last full day!! Off to MK this morning and then kids want to catch the special activities tonight. I really liked it here and definitely want to stay again.

Enjoy your last day! Thanks for popping in throughout your trip and sharing all of your great pics! Safe travels home tomorrow :).

In 13 days, we will be making that long drive from CT, and I can't wait!

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

64 days!!! well a bit longer for my Poly part of the stay but Im so excited to be going back! I watched the live feed last night too and was thrilled to be able to watch it a little from Poly!

How did they know/enforce that the people on the beach were actually staying at the Poly? When we were there over the 4th in 2015, it wasn’t enforced at all. I had heard that it was going to be, but no one standing around us was a guest staying at the Poly. I was just curious how they are enforcing this now.

Someone on here a couple pages back posted a picture of green paper wristbands that were left in all the Poly rooms. So if you are staying there you get this wristband to show you are a guest and are allowed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter