• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just found this: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/express-resort-checkout/

But we didn't ever get an itemized bill before checkout:/ I'm not sure their express checkout is working properly.

We haven't received a bill on or under our door in years. Everything is emailed after we have departed. We never go by the front desk to check out either. If housekeeping is in the area we usually let them know we are gone and won't be returning. Of course, you need to have the credit card on file to charge on check out day. :teeth:

So I just found this: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/express-resort-checkout/

But we didn't ever get an itemized bill before checkout:/ I'm not sure their express checkout is working properly.

I think that is older information that hasn't been updated, we haven't gotten a paper bill under the door in a while, at least a couple years, they send via email now, but we don't always receive those, nowadays you can see all your charges on MDE so we just go by that.

We just got back. Overall a great trip - we'll definitely be visiting the Polynesian again. A few minor criticisms - the check in / check out queues were awful. We luckily didn't have to use the check in queue but I got quite nervous we were going to miss our bus just to check out. They really need an express checkout process in the app or something like most hotels (or to publicize it? is there one? I couldn't find anything on it). Also the lava pool bartender was oddly rude to me. She was perfectly nice to my husband. It seemed very un disney. We were also in Rarotonga which we were happy with - in 1829, a patio room, although it was a tiny bit too close to the smoking area, we would have to walk through a cloud of smoke to enter the building from the main lobby as the smoking area between the two buildings seems to be heavily used.

Other than that - we had a great time. My husband loved that we could watch the monorail from our room (he is a big nerd about the monorail) and the room seemed very private with all the foliage outside. We caught most of the extra magic hours but didn't rush and got on every ride we wanted (even slinky dog dash, which my poor 3 year old hated, he enjoyed mine train the day before though) except for Haunted Mansion, but that was only because at that point I decided I was exhausted and wanted to go soak my feet in the hot tub.

I think we need a different strategy for food next time as well. We had heard such good things about O'hana, and while it was fine, it didn't live up to expectations. I think we'd skip it next time, although maybe the room service Polynesian feast would suit us better. We liked the oasis pool bar for a quick bite, and I enjoyed Kona cafe's breakfast. Sanaa was fantastic, as was the prime time diner, we would definitely do both again. I think we've figured out we're not really quick service people while on vacation either. I wish there was an option for breakfast before 7 other than Captain cooks. I ended up eating the kids egg white scramble every morning!

My kids though, absolutely adored the lava pool, and my husband and I loved trader sams. I'm pleased because I didn't think my husband would want to go back and now he's talking about another trip in the next few years.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a nice stay overall :).

I hear from someone currently there that everyone just got kicked out of Trader Sam's and Captain Cook's. Rumor is some water damage in the kitchen maybe? Anyone have any insight on the situation?

Is this the same bread pudding as ohana?

Yes. Although may have been a different cook the first night. It had a little more flavor (can't remember if it was banana or coconut) the first night we ordered the feast. We ordered it on nights 1 and 5 of a seven night stay. We're fans for sure.

I tried searching with no luck - does anyone have a photo of the activities calendar for September?

I hear from someone currently there that everyone just got kicked out of Trader Sam's and Captain Cook's. Rumor is some water damage in the kitchen maybe? Anyone have any insight on the situation?

Yesterday afternoon they closed captain hooks and we saw many disney employees roaming and hovering around along with roto rooter. They had many of the man covers lifted. We went by at 1 and again at 3 both with the same findings. When we returned from epcot at 1045 everything was back to normal.

To anyone who has rented points and stayed dvc, how many towels and washcloths do you get at check in?

I wanted to pop by with an update on my trip...... I hadn't stayed at the Poly since 2010 and was so happy to be back. I had room 1224 in Aotearoa, happily facing the Seven Seas Lagoon with this gorgeous view!
IMG_2451.JPG
I was so happy to have a partial castle view from my patio! The only time of day the path by my room got a little busy was when it was time for Spirit of Aloha. I could hear the music from the Luau but it wasn't too loud. Mousekeeping was absolutely excellent! On the first two days I had lovely arrangements made with my ears and lei as well as towel animals. That was really a pleasant surprise as I didn't think they were doing that anymore. My room was spotless each day, the bathroom was super clean and there was no dust on any of the surfaces. I was so happy!

IMG_2454.JPG
I took advantage of the Pineapple Lanai for yummy Dole Whips, spent a lovely pool day at the Lava pool, had a fabulous breakfast at Kona and enjoyed several afternoon breaks at the Oasis Pool. I was obsessed with the Polynesian salad at Captain Cooks and had it several times. I devised a custom drink for the refillable mugs with unsweetened tea, light lemonade and ice which quickly became a favourite! I enjoyed pin trading with various cast members and did a little shopping at Boutiki. I found the majority of the CMs to be very very friendly and welcoming and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the beautiful Polynesian. Aloha!

I wanted to pop by with an update on my trip...... I hadn't stayed at the Poly since 2010 and was so happy to be back. I had room 1224 in Aotearoa, happily facing the Seven Seas Lagoon with this gorgeous view!
View attachment 349280
I was so happy to have a partial castle view from my patio! The only time of day the path by my room got a little busy was when it was time for Spirit of Aloha. I could hear the music from the Luau but it wasn't too loud. Mousekeeping was absolutely excellent! On the first two days I had lovely arrangements made with my ears and lei as well as towel animals. That was really a pleasant surprise as I didn't think they were doing that anymore. My room was spotless each day, the bathroom was super clean and there was no dust on any of the surfaces. I was so happy!

View attachment 349283
I took advantage of the Pineapple Lanai for yummy Dole Whips, spent a lovely pool day at the Lava pool, had a fabulous breakfast at Kona and enjoyed several afternoon breaks at the Oasis Pool. I was obsessed with the Polynesian salad at Captain Cooks and had it several times. I devised a custom drink for the refillable mugs with unsweetened tea, light lemonade and ice which quickly became a favourite! I enjoyed pin trading with various cast members and did a little shopping at Boutiki. I found the majority of the CMs to be very very friendly and welcoming and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the beautiful Polynesian. Aloha!
Thanks for the post
We are a family of 4 considering the poly for our vacation next year
We'll be travelling with a 7yo and 5 yo
Is there a building/section that has a partial view of the castle and is quiet as well ?

I found the majority of the CMs to be very very friendly and welcoming and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the beautiful Polynesian. Aloha!

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly :).

I wish there was an option for breakfast before 7 other than Captain cooks. I ended up eating the kids egg white scramble every morning!

I also loved the kids eggs white scramble for breakfast from Captain Cooks! The fruit and yogurt on the side are perfect too.

Thanks for the post
We are a family of 4 considering the poly for our vacation next year
We'll be travelling with a 7yo and 5 yo
Is there a building/section that has a partial view of the castle and is quiet as well ?
Some of the rooms in Aotearoa on the lagoon side have a partial castle view. It is slightly obstructed by trees so is considered standard view. I found Aotearoa to be very quiet. You also have the advantage of the huge grassy lawn and the private beach between the Poly and the Grand Floridian. It is really quite lovely. Good luck making your decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter