• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this time, in four more days, we should be rolling up to the Poly and checking in!! We fly in late on the 29th and stay at the MCO Hyatt...DH and I are thinking uber, the kids insist it's not a Disney trip without the Magical Express, so I wonder who will win :scratchin I'm so ready!

Having done the late flight MCO thing (and not that you asked) but I vote Uber. Not going to lie, when we did it I had trouble sleeping that night and was up and ready to get going to WDW pronto... no time to wait on DME! :-)

Enjoy Poly for NYE.

Having done the late flight MCO thing (and not that you asked) but I vote Uber. Not going to lie, when we did it I had trouble sleeping that night and was up and ready to get going to WDW pronto... no time to wait on DME! :-)

Enjoy Poly for NYE.

Last year we did the same thing because I was the one insisting on taking ME, so I've learned my lesson :rotfl: We ended up in a sloooow moving line. I don't want to repeat that again! I don't want to break the ME tradition, but I also want to get there faster. I'll just tell the boys to put some Disney cartoons on YouTube and pretend, LOL!!

Thank you! Last year was our "learning year" for NYE, so I am excited to repeat it with experience this time around.

Oh Polynesian thread how I have missed thee! We actually just got back from a very quick stay at the Poly (3 nights in a bungalow - heaven!) but I'm in need of some information and opinions.

We are planning our next trip for October 2019. As of now, it will be our family of 4 (3 adults and 1 child - DD will be 18 by the time we go again!) and we are expecting a family friend (27 year old male) to be coming along also. I have no issue sharing space with him, but DD may be a bit modest and sometimes DS is a bit wild (and our guest may need or want more privacy).

I'm very Poly loyal, but I'm not sure if they have the best options for us. I'm thinking of a 1 BR suite (in Tonga) but from all the floor plans I've seen, it looks like the only entrance to the bathroom is through the actual bedroom?

I've also looked at 1BR and 2 BR suites at GF villas and the hospitality suite at CR.

So, my questions:

1. Is my vision of the set-up of a 1BR Tonga suite correct? The only bathroom access is through the bedroom?
2. Does anyone know the pricing of a 2BR at the Poly? We don't necessarily NEED that much room, but might consider it if the pricing difference isn't HUGE over the 1 BR.
3. From a villa/suite perspective, any suggestions on GF vs CR? I think 1 BR would work better at either one of them because the bathroom is accessible from both the bedroom and main living area - PLUS, they have full kitchens (which it doesn't look like they do at the Poly).
4. Price-wise, I would probably end up renting points for GF if we chose there since it would be a villa (and not a "suite"), but I'm not sure if the suites at either the Poly or CR are eligible for discounts (when/if they become available for our dates).
5. I also considered BLT, but I don't love elevators (I know I'm weird) so the idea of being on a higher floor would give me some low level anxiety.
6. We've never stayed at either GF or CR - once we went to the Poly, we never looked back.
7. I also contemplated just booking 2 regular rooms at the Poly, which I suppose remains an option.

Any insights into the suites/villas/etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks to all!!!

Oh Polynesian thread how I have missed thee! We actually just got back from a very quick stay at the Poly (3 nights in a bungalow - heaven!) but I'm in need of some information and opinions.

We are planning our next trip for October 2019. As of now, it will be our family of 4 (3 adults and 1 child - DD will be 18 by the time we go again!) and we are expecting a family friend (27 year old male) to be coming along also. I have no issue sharing space with him, but DD may be a bit modest and sometimes DS is a bit wild (and our guest may need or want more privacy).

I'm very Poly loyal, but I'm not sure if they have the best options for us. I'm thinking of a 1 BR suite (in Tonga) but from all the floor plans I've seen, it looks like the only entrance to the bathroom is through the actual bedroom?

I've also looked at 1BR and 2 BR suites at GF villas and the hospitality suite at CR.

So, my questions:

1. Is my vision of the set-up of a 1BR Tonga suite correct? The only bathroom access is through the bedroom?
2. Does anyone know the pricing of a 2BR at the Poly? We don't necessarily NEED that much room, but might consider it if the pricing difference isn't HUGE over the 1 BR.
3. From a villa/suite perspective, any suggestions on GF vs CR? I think 1 BR would work better at either one of them because the bathroom is accessible from both the bedroom and main living area - PLUS, they have full kitchens (which it doesn't look like they do at the Poly).
4. Price-wise, I would probably end up renting points for GF if we chose there since it would be a villa (and not a "suite"), but I'm not sure if the suites at either the Poly or CR are eligible for discounts (when/if they become available for our dates).
5. I also considered BLT, but I don't love elevators (I know I'm weird) so the idea of being on a higher floor would give me some low level anxiety.
6. We've never stayed at either GF or CR - once we went to the Poly, we never looked back.
7. I also contemplated just booking 2 regular rooms at the Poly, which I suppose remains an option.

Thanks to all!!!

Hi there. From my following of the boards for a few years, you tend to get very few reports on the Tonga Suites (not surprising given there are only a handful of rooms and the high cost). You can find various trip reports buried deep in threads, but they are few and far between and totally accurate/current info is hard to find.

As for the 1-BR - I 'think' your understanding of the bathroom situation is correct - it's only accessible from the bedroom. Note I have no direct personal experience, going from resources on the Internet.

As far as 2-BR pricing, I don't have the current Poly rate sheet, but I have one from 2017 which may help for relative context. October has a few rate seasons, but picking 10/15/17 just to pick a date, the rack rates in 2017 were:

1-BR Suite - $1,171 weekday / $1,374 weekend
Princess Suite - $1,870 / $2,066 (I assume this price is for the 2BR configuration of this room, but you'd need to call - I think the Princess Suite can be a 1BR or 2BR, but not sure on this either)
Ambassador Suite (2BR) - $2,040 / $2,358
King Kamehameha Suite (2BR) - $2,531 / $2,797

The 1-BR is bookable online but for the others you have to call to book/find current rates.

I can't speak to any of the 1-BR GF options, sorry.

I have stayed in a Bay Lake View - 1 BR Suite at CR... you can find my posts about the room here: CR Tower Club - April 2017

It sleeps 6.... 2 Queens and a pull-out sofa. There are two totally separate bathrooms.

I love Poly and it's my favorite resort, but stay in that suite at CR and you might not look back. Probably the most impressive (and largest) room we've stayed in at WDW.

Unfortunately I don't know the bathroom situation in the CR Garden Wing 1BR.

Sorry, long winded, but hope that helps.

So, my questions:

Thanks to all!!!
I can say that we did a huge family vacation in 2017, 9 of us. My in laws, brother in law, great-grandparents, and the 4 of us. We stayed at AKL - Kindani 2 bedroom villa. It was a good amount of space but honestly sharing spaces, even with close family is hard. Everyone had different schedules and it made it hard for us to get the kids to bed. Not knowing how close your family friend is with you I would opt to go w/ 2 rooms.

Hi there. From my following of the boards for a few years, you tend to get very few reports on the Tonga Suites (not surprising given there are only a handful of rooms and the high cost). You can find various trip reports buried deep in threads, but they are few and far between and totally accurate/current info is hard to find.

Sorry, long winded, but hope that helps.

Thank you for the insights!! I appreciate it greatly! I may hunt down the GF and CR resort threads and see if there is anything else there. And for those Poly suite prices, I can rent points and stay in a bungalow again for less! :scared1:

Thanks so much!!!

Concerning DVC Villas:

Are the pull out beds awful or serviceable? We are staying five nights.

Do they all have the pull down (small) Murphy bed in the dresser under the TV?

Which DVC longhouse do you prefer?

Is the kitchenette similar to the resort side offering or more robust?

Are all room categories created equal? Meaning anyone has a chance at pool or lagoon view? Our main, and most likely only, room request will be to have our three villas near each other but curious regardless.

Thanks :) 176 days and counting! If only there was a lapu lapu icon, or Trader Sam’s shrunken zombie head...

Last edited:
Concerning DVC Villas:

Are the pull out beds awful?

Do they all have the pull down (small) Murphy bed in the dresser under the TV?

Which DVC longhouse do you prefer?

Is there kitchenette similar to the resort side offering or more robust?

Are all room categories created equal? Meaning anyone has a chance at pool or lagoon view? Our main, and most likely only, room request will be to have our three villas near each other but curious regardless.

Thanks :) 176 days and counting! If only there was a lapu lapu icon, or Trader Sam’s shrunken zombie head...
Didn't sleep on the pull out bed, so cant give insight on that.

There is a small pull down bed under the TV, perfect for kids.

Tokelau is typically preferred due to location and better views.

The kitchennette has a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and kitchen sink.

Are you renting points or staying on cash? there are standard and lagoon views as bookable categories. I believe most cash stays are standard, but it would specify when you book. One nice thing about the Poly villas is that almost all of them are connecting, so if your rooms are linked together on the reservation, I'd assume the chances of getting 2 rooms connected is pretty high (but not guaranteed of course).

Hope this helps!!

Didn't sleep on the pull out bed, so cant give insight on that.

There is a small pull down bed under the TV, perfect for kids.

Tokelau is typically preferred due to location and better views.

The kitchennette has a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and kitchen sink.

Are you renting points or staying on cash? there are standard and lagoon views as bookable categories. I believe most cash stays are standard, but it would specify when you book. One nice thing about the Poly villas is that almost all of them are connecting, so if your rooms are linked together on the reservation, I'd assume the chances of getting 2 rooms connected is pretty high (but not guaranteed of course).

Hope this helps!!
Thanks for replying! We have 10 people and a two year old staying across three villas so we should have plenty of space but I do imagine the kids (10, 7, 6) will want to utilize the pull down beds. We have one adult sleeping on a pullout so I’m really hoping it’s not too uncomfortable for her.

We rented points for this stay, all three villas are through points. Each villa is assigned to a member of our party but we all have the same last name so I’m really hoping we wind up near each other. Even two out of the three villas would be great as I suspect the kids will want to hop around a bit.

Tokelau looks great, hope we get lucky!

Thanks again :)

Thanks for replying! We have 10 people and a two year old staying across three villas so we should have plenty of space but I do imagine the kids (10, 7, 6) will want to utilize the pull down beds. We have one adult sleeping on a pullout so I’m really hoping it’s not too uncomfortable for her.

We rented points for this stay, all three villas are through points. Each villa is assigned to a member of our party but we all have the same last name so I’m really hoping we wind up near each other. Even two out of the three villas would be great as I suspect the kids will want to hop around a bit.

Tokelau looks great, hope we get lucky!

Thanks again :)
The poly will be so much fun with a big group! Im pretty sure you can link your reservations together in MDE if you haven’t already. You might have to do it on the desktop version and not the phone. But its pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter