• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Disney math is getting me again...thinking of changing that quickie July 4th weekend trip to CL because of the AP discount. I’m torn though since my gf will not be able to join me after all. :(

Just my opinion, but when you have the option to CL then take it.

It would be really nice for the fireworks too because of the viewing area. And I could justify FPs on a holiday weekend if I did feel like popping into a park...and and and lol. Darn that Disney math!

What did I say about May, I don't want to get used to CL and be spoiled?? :rotfl2:

It would be really nice for the fireworks too because of the viewing area. And I could justify FPs on a holiday weekend if I did feel like popping into a park...and and and lol. Darn that Disney math!

What did I say about May, I don't want to get used to CL and be spoiled?? :rotfl2:
I think you should go for it. You only live once and you'll have memories from this trip that will last a lifetime! Then.....next year, hopefully your gf can join and you can experience it all over again and take in all the things you missed this year!

I think you should go for it. You only live once and you'll have memories from this trip that will last a lifetime! Then.....next year, hopefully your gf can join and you can experience it all over again and take in all the things you missed this year!

We're going together in May for our first CL stay at the Poly. I have been solo a couple of times to other resorts, but not the Poly...it's "our" place so I feel weird going without her, but she told me to go enjoy myself and we can FaceTime around the resort.

We're going together in May for our first CL stay at the Poly. I have been solo a couple of times to other resorts, but not the Poly...it's "our" place so I feel weird going without her, but she told me to go enjoy myself and we can FaceTime around the resort.
Ahhh got it. You both will have a blast in May and I think after experiencing CL, you might never want to stay elsewhere! In July, sure it'll be different being solo in "your" place, but it'll be amazing with the fireworks and you'll have a wonderful time. Then, perhaps, you'll both be booking CL for NYE or July 4th again!

Just my opinion, but when you have the option to CL then take it.

:thumbsup2

Disney math at its best :laughing:.

I did it. I'm terrible. At least flights are looking way cheaper than the last time I looked. My points will probably cover them.

You will have a great time! And cheaper flights/booking with points makes it all the better ::yes::.

Another Poly question! (First trip as an adult and with kids is in 43 days!) Based on the resort activities that have been posted, it seems like the Poly has fewer “campfire s’mores/movies under the stars” nights than the other deluxe resorts and based on our trip days and planned activities, don’t think we’ll get a chance to participate. So my Qs are: 1) is it worth trying to attend one of the few nights they have this? Ie, has anyone attended and was it fun?, 2) looks like GF has it almost every night. Can we join another resort’s campfire night? and 3) how long is the walk from Poly to GF usually? We live in Manhattan so my kids find campfires and s’mores particularly exciting and novel :)

Thanks!!

Another Poly question! (First trip as an adult and with kids is in 43 days!) Based on the resort activities that have been posted, it seems like the Poly has fewer “campfire s’mores/movies under the stars” nights than the other deluxe resorts and based on our trip days and planned activities, don’t think we’ll get a chance to participate. So my Qs are: 1) is it worth trying to attend one of the few nights they have this? Ie, has anyone attended and was it fun?, 2) looks like GF has it almost every night. Can we join another resort’s campfire night? and 3) how long is the walk from Poly to GF usually? We live in Manhattan so my kids find campfires and s’mores particularly exciting and novel :)

Thanks!!

Hello fellow New Yorker! Anyone can participate in these activities, you don’t even have to be a Disney resort guest anywhere period. No one can answer “worth it” for you. It’s watching a movie on an inflatable screen on a lawn lol. The times I’ve walked by, people seem to enjoy themselves. I don’t see the appeal personally, but I have an Alamo Drafthouse season pass and a 4K setup at home specifically to avoid hollering kids at my Disney movie watching so I’m probably not the best person to ask.:rotfl2:

I would rather do s’mores campfire tbh, that’s something not readily done at home.

Hello fellow New Yorker! Anyone can participate in these activities, you don’t even have to be a Disney resort guest anywhere period. No one can answer “worth it” for you. It’s watching a movie on an inflatable screen on a lawn lol. The times I’ve walked by, people seem to enjoy themselves. I don’t see the appeal personally, but I have an Alamo Drafthouse season pass and a 4K setup at home specifically to avoid hollering kids at my Disney movie watching so I’m probably not the best person to ask.:rotfl2:

I would rather do s’mores campfire tbh, that’s something not readily done at home.
Thanks!! Oh i was conflating them (campfires/s’mores and movie). Yes the campfire part is the part I actually care about, lol. Although movie is also fine with kids since it’s a break from the incessant chatter :) Good to know anyone can attend!! Have you tried either the Poly’s or GF campfire? Just curious how fun it is! And thanks for the input! Jealous of your Alamo season pass; I’m originally from Austin and they’re opening one up in my neighborhood later this year and I can’t wait!

Thanks!! Oh i was conflating them (campfires/s’mores and movie). Yes the campfire part is the part I actually care about, lol. Although movie is also fine with kids since it’s a break from the incessant chatter :) Good to know anyone can attend!! Have you tried either the Poly’s or GF campfire? Just curious how fun it is! And thanks for the input! Jealous of your Alamo season pass; I’m originally from Austin and they’re opening one up in my neighborhood later this year and I can’t wait!

We kept meaning to on our first Poly stay but never got around to it. For May we actually put it on our schedule because it’s that much a must do for my gf. I will say though it’s very easy and quick to walk between Poly and GF so it’s worth checking out the activity schedule at both resorts. It’s a very lovely walk too, we went to the spa at GF and had a leisurely walk back.

The Brooklyn Alamo is my home theater but you can use your pass anywhere. If you live where I suspect, I’m counting down to that opening too because I work close by! Get on the waitlist ASAP. I signed up as soon as it was available and was invited to join in August. $30/mo means I go to 2 movies and break even. Best pass since a WDW AP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter