Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pixie dust from the Poly. Long story short my son got stuck in the bathroom since the sliding door fell off the rail. Kid was screaming and scared calling for us to come get him. We needed to call the desk to get someone to resolve the derailment.
They felt bad I guess..we didn't ask for anything...so they gave us 3 fast passes for any park for 3 days...and all of this swag! Disney magic!

Some pixie dust from the Poly. Long story short my son got stuck in the bathroom since the sliding door fell off the rail. Kid was screaming and scared calling for us to come get him. We needed to call the desk to get someone to resolve the derailment.
They felt bad I guess..we didn't ask for anything...so they gave us 3 fast passes for any park for 3 days...and all of this swag! Disney magic!

What a scary incident, I'm glad your son is okay!

Does anyone happen to know the cost of the patio's by the oasis "calm" pool?? Can this be booked in so many hour increments and what exactly is included. Would love to have this for one of our rest days. We leave a week from this Saturday and we are so excited. Have never stayed here before but always wanted to.

Does anyone happen to know the cost of the patio's by the oasis "calm" pool?? Can this be booked in so many hour increments and what exactly is included. Would love to have this for one of our rest days. We leave a week from this Saturday and we are so excited. Have never stayed here before but always wanted to.
Yes, they can be prebooked up to 180 days in advance - call the recreation line to reserve. You can reserve for full or half days. Half day hours are 10-2 and 3-7. Pricing varies by season but it’s very reasonable. I believe our 1/2 day in October was under $50.

ETA it includes nothing but towels and the loungers, though you can get meal service at the Oasis Grill

So sorry about the mishap, but glad it was taken care of quickly. Enjoy the extra FPs. Hope everyone is having a great time :wizard:.

Another Poly question! (First trip as an adult and with kids is in 43 days!) Based on the resort activities that have been posted, it seems like the Poly has fewer “campfire s’mores/movies under the stars” nights than the other deluxe resorts and based on our trip days and planned activities, don’t think we’ll get a chance to participate. So my Qs are: 1) is it worth trying to attend one of the few nights they have this? Ie, has anyone attended and was it fun?, 2) looks like GF has it almost every night. Can we join another resort’s campfire night? and 3) how long is the walk from Poly to GF usually? We live in Manhattan so my kids find campfires and s’mores particularly exciting and novel :)

Thanks!!
My husband and I are adults with no kids and we seem to always stumble upon the campfire- it really is open it anyone and a lot of fun. I don't know if I would say that you need to forego other plans to enjoy it, but it's definitely a nice treat to stumble upon. I've never noticed it to be crowded. I also enjoy the movies on the lawn if you happen to come upon it. Normally they aren't super crowded so it's a nice time to enjoy being outside, have a drink, and I'm sure for you...let the kids get some of their zooms out before bed!

Trying to work out logistics for our first Epcot day on 5/6. We plan on doing the Royal Tea Garden tour in the UK pavilion in the morning, so originally I was going to just have us Lyft to BC and walk through the IG, but now I’m considering moving our Spaceship Earth FP up to 9 so that we can do it earlier and leave for our midday break sooner. Is the Epcot monorail still on the maintenance schedule? If so, do they have buses at the resort or would we still need to walk to the TTC?

If anyone is on sight at the poly hit me up. Bought a big box of cheerios and some milk hoping to save on breakfast..used it one morning and the milk is still ok. Also have an almost full chocolate milk, an entire almost full loaf of bread and tub of I cant believe it's not butter.
Also have some waters...12 or so and some smart kids juice pouches.
Leaving tomorrow so I am in tokelau. PM me if you want any of it and I will meet you..or text me 732 484 1899.

Gary

Trying to work out logistics for our first Epcot day on 5/6. We plan on doing the Royal Tea Garden tour in the UK pavilion in the morning, so originally I was going to just have us Lyft to BC and walk through the IG, but now I’m considering moving our Spaceship Earth FP up to 9 so that we can do it earlier and leave for our midday break sooner. Is the Epcot monorail still on the maintenance schedule? If so, do they have buses at the resort or would we still need to walk to the TTC?

According to the weekly Times Guide (which I trust as a good source for monorail operating hours), the Epcot line is still having a delayed opening - Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week, for example.

Source courtesy of Orlando Theme Park News: https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Not sure if I've seen an end date posted for this work, or if it will just be one of those Disney projects that ends at some point with no notice.

Hi all! When the Magic Kingdom fireworks are at 9pm, what time does the water parade occur in front of the Polynesian? TIA!

Hi all! When the Magic Kingdom fireworks are at 9pm, what time does the water parade occur in front of the Polynesian? TIA!

For something so simple, it is oddly one of the more frustrating and difficult to find pieces of information in all of WDW! :-)

Disney doesn't do anyone any favor with their conflicting information either. Ask 5 CMs at the Poly and chances are you'll get 5 different answers.

At the moment, the app lists it at Poly at 8:50pm which I'm 'pretty sure' is the current time. It's 'usually' in that 10 minute before HEA time when HEA is at 9 but in the past I have also been there when it's right afterwards. For awhile they'd publish the time on the monthly recreation calendar so that could be used as a good source, but they stopped doing that.

Hopefully someone there now or sometime soon can report in.

For something so simple, it is oddly one of the more frustrating and difficult to find pieces of information in all of WDW! :-)

Disney doesn't do anyone any favor with their conflicting information either. Ask 5 CMs at the Poly and chances are you'll get 5 different answers.

At the moment, the app lists it at Poly at 8:50pm which I'm 'pretty sure' is the current time. It's 'usually' in that 10 minute before HEA time when HEA is at 9 but in the past I have also been there when it's right afterwards. For awhile they'd publish the time on the monthly recreation calendar so that could be used as a good source, but they stopped doing that.

Hopefully someone there now or sometime soon can report in.

We wanted to watch it since we never got the chance on our first stay, so we switched our luau reservation on arrival night to the first showing to catch it and HEA from the lounge. It really has been hard to get schedule information for it.

I THINK it occurs around 8:40. When I was at the Poly, in September, that was the case, as I remember.

Reactions: CJK
Hi everyone! Like everyone, our trip is getting jumbled up. Last night we rebooked our trip to the second week of June. We were staying at the Grand, but got the Poly for the rebook. I’m really excited about this....we’ve been twice to the Grand, and now we get to try the Poly. It looks amazingly gorgeous! We booked a standard room, so if anyone has advise on what to request for a room, I would be grateful. I’m going to start pouring though this thread to learn as much as I can from all of you. hopefully this trip won’t be cancelled! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

How hard would it be for me to get Poly at 7 mos out? Last time we tried for Sept 2019 and it was gone!

I would save a lot of money going through my Aunt's DVC but it would put me at the 7 month mark, and I'm not sure I can't get Poly at the 7 month mark.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Like everyone, our trip is getting jumbled up. Last night we rebooked our trip to the second week of June. We were staying at the Grand, but got the Poly for the rebook. I’m really excited about this....we’ve been twice to the Grand, and now we get to try the Poly. It looks amazingly gorgeous! We booked a standard room, so if anyone has advise on what to request for a room, I would be grateful. I’m going to start pouring though this thread to learn as much as I can from all of you. hopefully this trip won’t be cancelled! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

For a standard view room, I like the Rarotonga longhouse. Good central spot adjacent to the Grand Ceremonial House, close to the bus station, and on the TTC side of the resort for walking to the TTC to go to Epcot. There are grounds/trees/monorail between the room on the parking lot side, so even a room on that side isn't necessarily a bad view. All around good spot for that view category, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter