Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience getting a discount on Poly SUITES? I've heard mixed answers on this :) Thanks!

I have experience NOT getting a discount on the Poly suites. Sometimes you’ll find 10% for Disney’s suites, but not often. That’s about it. They don’t follow the general public or AP discount % like regular resort rooms.

Happy to answer any questions about the suites.

BTW, nice user name.

How crowded is Poly right now? We are considering coming down for a resort only stay on August. My wife is pregnant so if it’s too crowded we don’t want to be there haha. But from all the YouTube videos we’ve seen I feel like things are so spaced out at the resorts that it’ll be okay

How crowded is Poly right now? We are considering coming down for a resort only stay on August. My wife is pregnant so if it’s too crowded we don’t want to be there haha. But from all the YouTube videos we’ve seen I feel like things are so spaced out at the resorts that it’ll be okay

Would your stay be before or after the resort side reopens on 8/12?

If we choose Poly it would be before. I don’t want to be there after it’s fully open due to our situation

If we choose Poly it would be before. I don’t want to be there after it’s fully open due to our situation

We were there the week before last. Things seemed to pick up a bit by the day, and especially the weekends, but overall it wasn’t particularly crowded.

The park hours and lack of things to do in the evening definitely impact the pools and Barefoot Pool bar. We had various times where both pools were light crowds and great, and others that might not be to some people’s liking depending on your distancing tolerance.

Mobile ordering at Cap’t Cooks worked pretty darn well, never had to spend much time there.

With no Ohana and Tambu Lounge, the lobby was usually pretty quiet. An occasional line for the monorail, people waiting for Kona, but nothing crazy.

To me it’s really the pools where you have to watch for “crowded” conditions at times, everything else was great. I was fine with the chair distancing and such, but at times it felt like normal Poly people soup pool conditions. But to be fair other times it was fantastic. Mixed experiences, to be honest.

IMO Disney needs to open the Oasis Pool Bar & Grill to spread the pool (and the pool bar) crowd around a bit.

I have experience NOT getting a discount on the Poly suites. Sometimes you’ll find 10% for Disney’s suites, but not often. That’s about it. They don’t follow the general public or AP discount % like regular resort rooms.

Happy to answer any questions about the suites.

BTW, nice user name.
Thanks for the compliment! I have a suite booked, but the CM told me to check to see if future discounts can be applied. I hope I'm not getting misinformation, but suspect i could be. o_O

Thanks for the compliment! I have a suite booked, but the CM told me to check to see if future discounts can be applied. I hope I'm not getting misinformation, but suspect i could be. o_O

If you’re lucky you may find it eligible for 10% at some point, but I wouldn’t bank on more than that.

Unless Disney goes about different discount patterns on the suites to lure travel once things get back to a more normal environment. But generally speaking their usual mode of operating is they’d rather them stay empty or used for special situations rather than offer big discounts.

Hope you enjoy your stay - we loved the suites.

I’ve only booked suites at the gf. Discounts, when available have never been too much to get excited about. I personally wouldn’t count on the discount. Enjoy your suite though, the experience will be fun!

I think there is a pretty good possibility Ohana could open up but who knows.

There were rumors that with the increase in meat prices and the decrease in meat supplies, Ohana would be closed for the foreseeable future.

Would love to go there when we are (theoretically) going to be there but not counting on it!

So the walkway to TTC opens sometime after 9am. We took the ferry once in the morning, but it was around 10am. Before then, it’s been close every day. This is a pic from today at 8:55am:

View attachment 513479

Yeah, that one was interesting. I went running most days during our stay in the AM (eg, 6-7am) and sometimes that gate would be across the path and sometimes it wouldn’t. I couldn’t figure out any pattern!

My apologies as I know this may have already been addressed somewhere else, but wanted to ask...was a mask required while running? My daughter and I are training for the Disney marathon (which may or may not happen 😆). We've considered running a couple of times while we're there in September since we'll have a little extra time due to less park hours.
Yeah, that one was interesting. I went running most days during our stay in the AM (eg, 6-7am) and sometimes that gate would be across the path and sometimes it wouldn’t. I couldn’t figure out any pattern!

My apologies as I know this may have already been addressed somewhere else, but wanted to ask...was a mask required while running? My daughter and I are training for the Disney marathon (which may or may not happen 😆). We've considered running a couple of times while we're there in September since we'll have a little extra time due to less park hours.

Here was my experience I posted on another thread the other day, hope it helps!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/here-now-just-back-wdw-reopening-experiences.3807247/post-62165298

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter