Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just moved from standard poly room to standard Poly Villa room for sept trip. I want to request Tokelau but I want a room with a balcony...trying to remember if all Villa rooms have either patio/balcony or just 1st and 3rd floors like the non-Villa buildings.

I was just moved from standard poly room to standard Poly Villa room for sept trip. I want to request Tokelau but I want a room with a balcony...trying to remember if all Villa rooms have either patio/balcony or just 1st and 3rd floors like the non-Villa buildings.
Tokelau has balconies on all floors.

Hmm, I'm booked Labor Day weekend, wonder if they'll switch me to the villas as well. I was switched to the Poly from the Beach Club, so don't think there will be any availability over there. Maybe the Contemporary?

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/images/stories/hawaii/DVC_Tokelau_map4.jpg
DVC_Tokelau_map4.jpg

I checked my end of Sept reservation and it still has me listed as in the hotel side. Honestly depending on the situation in FL I wouldn’t be mad about canceling altogether but I want to see what happens. Being solo, the DVC side might make more sense anyway.

We moved to Riviera. We had been on the villas side of Poly but I had been debating whether to move a few pages back in this thread. Knowing the resort side won't reopen in August gives me zero hope that we'll see amenities return (additional resort dining; epcot monorial etc.).

I was on hold for 2hrs but was able to switch to the dvc side also. I just got the email at 12:30 today and called right away. We figured we still wanted to stay at the poly.

Did you initiate this change yourself or did Disney do it for you? I'm curious cause I have to see what I'm doing.
Would recommend calling if you want DVC side. In the past, they have been slooooowww to call people to move them (waiting to call until much closer to your trip) and the DVC side could sell out before thay happens, so it may be an early bird gets the worm situation.

Would recommend calling if you want DVC side. In the past, they have been slooooowww to call people to move them (waiting to call until much closer to your trip) and the DVC side could sell out before thay happens, so it may be an early bird gets the worm situation.

Problem is I'm booked through a TA and I reached out to her it looks like they're working with Disney to get us sorted. She said it's likely CR garden wing or YC but will keep me posted as they're not sure yet.

I'm not upset since she's literally saved me entire days on hold, but it is the downside of working with a TA.

Problem is I'm booked through a TA and I reached out to her it looks like they're working with Disney to get us sorted. She said it's likely CR garden wing or YC but will keep me posted as they're not sure yet.

I'm not upset since she's literally saved me entire days on hold, but it is the downside of working with a TA.
That's probably a good sign that your TA is still working on it. In the last round of resort rebookings, there were reports suggesting that certain TA companies were able to negotiate nicer upgrades for their clients than what Disney was typically offering if you just called in yourself. Hope for a nice upgrade for you!

I’m trying to move my End of August stay to DVC. Does anyone know that amazing direct phone number to customer service? I saw it on here before and there was no wait when I used it. I didn’t save it :sad:

The number is 407-939-7866 - Guest Services call back number. Your results may vary but swing back and update us.

Dave

Right when I was going to hang up and use the number you gave me a cast member picked up. I was on hold for 50 mins. They moved my Aug 30- Sep 3 stay to DVC at no charge.

You should try to see if she can get you a room in the tower. In 2015, we had reservations in the CR garden wing, and my TA got us a free upgrade to a high tower room, one level below CL. The views were breathtaking.

Sadly, my August 12 stay at the Poly is no more ☹ I was excited to be switched from AKL to the Poly, especially on the reopening day of the resort side. DVC was already completely booked (I mean, what do you expect for a stay in 2 weeks?!). I'm hoping to stay for my birthday in March if there's an AP discount available at the time. It's bittersweet because it would've been a great resort to stay at as our "welcome back" trip after trying to go to WDW since March, but I know a lot of people (even the CM I was on the phone with yesterday) said it's not the same without Trader Sams, other bars/lounges, Ohana, the fireworks, EWP, Epcot monorail, etc. So hopefully when we do stay here in the future, all of the great features of the resort will be back :thumbsup2 We'll be dropping by on our MK for a breakfast at Kona Cafe though - and maybe grab a dole whip or two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter