• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past May would have been our "bucket list" vacay staying here club level. Now I am booked June 2021 in a Villa due to the resort rooms not open. The main perks (to us) was staying on the monorail and doing park hopping (which we have never done either before) but I have to admit I've become a Disney Debbie Downer since hoppers might not be back and now the monorail won't even be working. Hubby wants me to push out one more year to 2022 but everything was paid for and can only be extended until Sept 2021. What are some positives or little rays of sunshine you all can suggest to help me get back into my "Happy Place" frame of mind. I was even looking forward to trying the airport baggage check-in at the hotel when leaving or not having to get our own luggage when we arrive but those aren't even a perk happening now either. Looking for a sliver lining here! Thanks!

This past May would have been our "bucket list" vacay staying here club level. Now I am booked June 2021 in a Villa due to the resort rooms not open. The main perks (to us) was staying on the monorail and doing park hopping (which we have never done either before) but I have to admit I've become a Disney Debbie Downer since hoppers might not be back and now the monorail won't even be working. Hubby wants me to push out one more year to 2022 but everything was paid for and can only be extended until Sept 2021. What are some positives or little rays of sunshine you all can suggest to help me get back into my "Happy Place" frame of mind. I was even looking forward to trying the airport baggage check-in at the hotel when leaving or not having to get our own luggage when we arrive but those aren't even a perk happening now either. Looking for a sliver lining here! Thanks!
We will be there in 18 days.. We had CL booked at AK back in March, but that was not to be when COVID hit.. We decided to rebook at the Poly instead.. This will be our first stay at the Poly and although park hours are shorter and no parades, fireworks, character meets etc... I am positive that we will have a fantastic trip. We will be focusing on all of the good things like not having to rush thru the park like a commando to get to everything. With only the DVC portion open, we are hoping that the pools won't be super packed. With shortened park hours it will give us time to enjoy the beautiful Poly resort. Sitting on the beach with a beverage, walk around the grounds and take in the quiet areas that you would miss if you were running around the parks. It will be different, but we are looking forward to it! I hope this helps you.. Have a great trip when you get back to your happy place :)

I feel the same way about my March trip.

Just back from Polynesian. I rented someone's DVC points. I was in a Studio Villa in Morea, ground floor, garden view. I liked this location--the TTC was about 2 minutes away, and the parking lot was also close by.

I had never stayed at the Polynesian and it was fantastic visit. It was the kind of high-quality resort experience I was hoping to have. The pools were fairly quiet (I fell asleep one afternoon at the Volcano pool), the pool bar was good, and the room was quiet. Breakfasts via mobile order from Captain Cook's were easy to do and no waiting. Tabu (?) Lounge was also useful for late evening food and drinks. The staff everywhere at the resort were all great.

The in-room coffee was also good! I had read reports here and brought my own, but I never used my own coffee or filters.

While having the monorail stop is marginally useful, I'd still stay at the Polynesian during the refurbishment because you have nearby TTC access and for any other park you will be driving or taking a bus anyway.

I'm thinking about staying in a studio villa in early December for a few days. Does anyone know if the volcano pool and Cap'n Cooks will be open at that time? I'm not totally sure about what is and isn't closed at the Poly for refurb. Hoping to enjoy the resort a bit, but without a food court or pool, wouldn't make sense for me. Thank you!

Unfortunately, we experienced these fine people at Tambu as well. Worse, pretty sure one of tmem is staying next door. I heard F bombs raining from their balcony. Called guest services,must have worked because they stopped.
The cabins @Fort Wilderness are sounding better all the time!

I'm thinking about staying in a studio villa in early December for a few days. Does anyone know if the volcano pool and Cap'n Cooks will be open at that time? I'm not totally sure about what is and isn't closed at the Poly for refurb. Hoping to enjoy the resort a bit, but without a food court or pool, wouldn't make sense for me. Thank you!

Neither has been announced or rumored to be closing. While things aren’t always a given when a resort is undergoing work as is about to happen around Poly, I would be very, very surprised if they were to close. Both Captain Cooks and both pools were part of the 2015’ish major resort work, so neither is in need of anything major.

I suspect they will all be open but if they aren't and you have a car, they would likely let you use the pools at GF or WL, and you would also be able to drive to the nearby resorts for food.

Trying to plan a trip to the Poly in Nov 2021. It seems that I cannot book a room during this time. Does this mean they are full, or just not taking reservations that far out? If the latter, is there any information for how far out rooms can be booked?

Currently no reservations past Sept. 26, 2021 are being accepted.

It has been the way for a few months. No information as to when Disney will reopen reservations beyond this date. Stay tuned...

Dave

Currently no reservations past Sept. 26, 2021 are being accepted.

It has been the way for a few months. No information as to when Disney will reopen reservations beyond this date. Stay tuned...

Dave
Thank you! Do you happen to know if this is this different for DVC reservations? We were thinking of renting DVC points for our trip.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, we are completely new to this.

Yes it is different for DVC reservations. Those open at the 11 month window for owners own resort. Just make sure you understand the rental agreement details and have a written contract.

Dave

Thank you! Do you happen to know if this is this different for DVC reservations? We were thinking of renting DVC points for our trip.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, we are completely new to this.

Adding to what Dave said, the 11 month booking window today for owners at their Home Resort is August 26, 2021. Therefore, the 11 month booking window for your desired trip next November (1?) 2021 will be December 1, 2021 (the 1st was just used as an example).

If you plan to rent points, here is the link to ask questions prior to renting DVC Member Services Forum

Any clue on when the monorail will go down. Early October isn't very definitive.

It’s confusing as Disney’s website still says early October, but some news that went out this past week specifically notes 11/2 as the date the Poly monorail station will close. Not sure if we’ve determined that 11/2 date is in fact accurate, but it’s what several news/blog sites ran with this week.

I go off an have a baby and come back to news that our bucket list hotel will not happen (that I only booked because 2020 didn't happen)....although I'm not convinced April 2021 was a realistic goal anyway.

Maybe I'll just push off to Oct/November whenever those reservations open....and stay in a freshly renovated Poly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter