• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performers at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Fired in Recent Wave of Entertainment Cutbacks

Earlier today, Disney Parks announced a mass layoff of approximately 28,000 Cast Members. The announcement came on the heels of the news that The Grand Floridian Society Orchestra would no longer play after October 3. An hour ago, it was revealed that Yehaa Bob of Disney’s Port Orleans Resort was also no longer performing. Now, reports from Tikiman’s Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages on Facebook indicates that dancers, musicians, and entertainers at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort were also affected by the layoffs and cutbacks.
It’s unknown exactly how many performers were affected, but at this time, it’s unlikely that the “Spirit of Aloha” show will return.

Looks like the Luau may never be back.

Received this email today regarding my January stay at Poly Villas. Looks like they are definitely planning to have the boat launches to MK running while the monorail is down. Other things mentioned are the front desk being relocated to Pago Pago, and possible modified hours for dining and retail at the GCH.

Dear JoJoGirl Family,​
Aloha and Welcome Home! We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit.

Upon your arrival, you will notice the Front Desk has been relocated to the Pago Pago building on the east side of the Resort as enhancements are made to the Great Ceremonial House. To aid in physical distancing and avoid delays, we strongly recommend that you use the Online Check-In service to go directly to your room. Learn more about the Direct-to-Room service and how you can even use the My Disney Experience app to unlock your Resort hotel door.

In addition, please be aware that the monorail station will be unavailable along with certain pathways and buildings. During this time, direct bus transportation will be provided to all four Theme Parks and watercraft transportation will be available to Magic Kingdom® Park. If you prefer to walk, the pathway to access the monorail and ferryboats at the Transportation and Ticket Center will also remain open. Other amenities, including dining and merchandise offerings, will continue to be available but may have modified operating hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.​
If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-5213between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).​
General Manager Valerie Ferguson and the team at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!​
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

We are booked to stay at the Polly villas in mid-May 2021 and we got that same letter about the monorail still being down and the check in being in the Pago Pago. Sounds like this is going to be a long renovation.

Denise wrote, “There was a Cast Member behind the reception desk, though Pago Pago is where check-in now is.

Just FYI, Guest Services is stationed in the GCH, and Checkin is stationed in the small entrance of Pago Pago. They really want guests to use online/direct to room service, if possible.

(added) They are also filling the Pago Pago rooms just feet away from the Checkin area. This also brings more traffic along the 1st floor hallway, so if you want a quieter location, I would request another building or 2nd/3rd floor.

4581996A-D806-4B46-B1F1-31D829787819.jpegE524C815-CBBB-4756-AD97-8350F7CE93C0.jpegCF7F2946-A6E7-43DA-BDE2-F8A5D28F7F0B.jpeg

Last edited:
I am having my luggage sent from BWV over to the Poly, will it go to my room and be waiting on me or will I have to ask for it from bell services? Thank you

I am having my luggage sent from BWV over to the Poly, will it go to my room and be waiting on me or will I have to ask for it from bell services? Thank you

You will most likely have to call Bell Services from your room to have it delivered. That's the standard procedure. Occasionally, they may deliver it without you being there, but that's highly dependent on how busy (on not) they are, and if a CM is bored enough to deliver luggage just for something to do.

It does happen, but not usually.

Steve

Whenever we have had luggage transferred from one resort to another we have had to ask for it from Bell Services.

SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter