Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Never stayed at a deluxe resort at WDW before, but does the Polynesian offer complimentary turn down service if you call housekeeping? I’m a typical Disneyland go-er and the grand Californian offers this. Thank you in advance!!
The did for cl prior to Covid. Unfortunately it’s currently not available. I stayed 9/22 and 1/23 for reference.

You can call housekeeping for extra blankets, towels, coffee, etc.

Thank you. Do they still come daily for making the beds?
Yes rooms are now serviced daily. If you want it early you should call and request otherwise it could be late in the day. For us we want to rest in the afternoon and find our room not done. I now just call to request and find a nice clean room.

I usually say before noon.

How does the current state of the construction/walking path affect Poly gym access? The gym situation has always been one of the resorts few weaknesses in my opinion and seems like may have gotten more challenging…thanks!

How does the current state of the construction/walking path affect Poly gym access? The gym situation has always been one of the resorts few weaknesses in my opinion and seems like may have gotten more challenging…thanks!
We were discussing this on GF thread. From @mrsap

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...a-information-questions.3814628/post-64720488

I did the older temp walkway and this one looks better. Yes you can get to the gym , the walk just isn’t as pretty.

I did the new temporary path the other day, it’s better in that you don’t have to cross the road anymore and it’s much more well marked for people less familiar with things. But agree with PP, generally same access and walk time, just not as pretty. Part of the path hugs the construction site and if it’s active there will likely be noise, the smell of construction trucks, etc.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but what's the deal with the poolside patio/cabanas. Are they in great demand? What's the average daily cost and have you found them worthwhile if spending more time at the pool on a given day.

They did this past week in the Hawai
Thank you. Do they still come daily for making the beds?
Yes
Sorry if this has been asked a million times but what's the deal with the poolside patio/cabanas. Are they in great demand? What's the average daily cost and have you found them worthwhile if spending more time at the pool on a given day.
We found that we needed to book 60 days in advance! We were unable to get one, so consequently we were facing the afternoon sun. I will definitely book next time! You have to call Disney to book, can't do it online like most Enchanting extras.
ETA: I called multiple times hoping that someone would cancel right up to the day before. I believe they were between $79 and $99 for the day.

Does anyone know if the MYO Kukui Nut Lei activity is still on? If so, when is that usually running? I've tried looking everywhere on the WDW site but can't find it.

They did this past week in the Hawai

Yes

We found that we needed to book 60 days in advance! We were unable to get one, so consequently we were facing the afternoon sun. I will definitely book next time! You have to call Disney to book, can't do it online like most Enchanting extras.
ETA: I called multiple times hoping that someone would cancel right up to the day before. I believe they were between $79 and $99 for the day.
Yeesh yet another thing to book 60 days in advance! lol

It's this activity:
https://www.magicalresortguide.com/...ui-nut-leis-an-interactive-Polynesian-activty

I'm hoping it's still running this year. All the posts I'm seeing about it are from last year. If anyone knows if it's still a thing, and about when it is available, I'd appreciate it!
We were there last week and all 4 of us made one. (2 granddaughters and us) It was a really fun activity, and the CMs let
you pick your kukui nuts (in all colors of the rainbow) then when finished the CMs tie it all off with the ribbon.
Fun afternoon project in The a/c of the Grand Ceremonial House.

Just got back from a 6 night stay at the Poly (Club Level, Garden View) and thought I'd share a few thoughts while it's still fresh in my mind!

The good:
The room was beautiful and spacious--we got a 3rd floor CL room with a lovely view of the Oasis pool. We've never stayed CL before and found it especially convenient with kids--it was nice to be able to grab a quick snack or a soft drink or send them there to start breakfast if we were still finishing up getting ready. In addition, the concierge staff was very sweet and helpful when my son got unexpectedly sick our first parks day. They gave us coupons for Powerade and the info for a pharmacy that delivers and unprompted gave me a credit for 3/4 of my Genie+ purchase that day (we only got to use it for one ride before he got sick). They also sent complimentary stuffies and merch to the room, which was amazing. When my son started feeling better but could only eat fruit, they went out of their way to accommodate that even if there was no fruit out. Having a kid be so sick at Disney was a truly miserable experience but it would've been even more so without the ease of the CL concierge and CL amenities so I was very thankful we happened to splurge on it for this trip.

As always, transportation was good to MK and Epcot, which is a huge pro. The buses could be a little hit and miss, especially returning mid-day, but they were good enough. And Ohana breakfast on our check-out day was good, although admittedly not needed food-wise due to the great CL breakfast (my favorite of the CL food).

The meh:
Housekeeping was surprisingly average. I wasn't expecting towel figures every day or anything like that (although thought we'd get them at least once!), but it was very basic. Some days they didn't even empty the trash can, which I thought was odd since it clearly had garbage in it. And attached is a pic of our phone on our checkout day, after receiving daily housekeeping. Not a dealbreaker of course and it's super tough work at a very busy time, but it was noticeable to me, especially due to the price point. We tipped every day regardless though.

I was also surprised by how much more hallway noise I noticed this time (the last time we stayed ground floor Aotearoa and I don't remember really hearing anything, maybe because our room then was close to the exit). People's regular convos in the hallway really carried into our room, so much so that I decided to teach my own kids that no matter the time of day, we're now silent or we whisper when we walk down hotel hallways since you never know who's trying to rest.

The bad:
The Ohana and Tambu lounge dinner food items I had! We checked in at 9pm (our initial flight for the day before was canceled at the last minute and we couldn't be rebooked for another day) and we were exhausted, grungy and hungry upon arrival. While the kids ate a Captain Cook's kids cheeseburger and watched the outdoor movie, I quickly stopped at Tambu lounge and ordered the noodles, ribs and pot stickers. The Ohana noodles I was served were some of the worst things I've eaten, lol--SO painfully sweet. And the ribs' only flavor was salt, and too much of it at that. I was so excited to eat and remembered liking Ohana dinner just fine the last trip (not amazing, but decent enough) but everything but the pot stickers was frankly inedible, and I was ready to eat almost anything at that point! I brought down the noodles to my husband, who is racoon-like in his ability to eat the food the rest of us leave behind and he literally spit them back out after taking a bite of them.

Final Poly thoughts: As you can see, this clearly wasn't the best trip for us, but obviously a lot of that wasn't really Poly specific. We didn't get to try Trader Sam's and we had much more limited pool/relaxation time than anticipated, since we lost a full day due to flight issues plus several chunks of days due to kid sickness. I did notice that the Lava pool was really crowded during the day, with no real way to get a seat during afternoon breaks. And I wouldn't count on waiter service at the pool if that's your thing. I really feel like the Poly should expand at least the seating area of the Lava pool (if not the pool itself!) before the DVC rooms are done (or is that going to have its own pool?).

The first time we stayed at the Poly I couldn't wait to return but after this trip, I'm admittedly excited to try a different hotel if we ever return to Disney. I think Poly could benefit from more kid amenities like a playground or a small arcade (like Contemporary and AKL have) and I want to try a hotel that offers a bit more than mainly pools for kid recreation. But again, this is after two 6-night stays at the Poly so I think it's reasonable to try something new, haha. I do want to add that we stayed at Universal's Portofino hotel for the final two nights of our trip and although we missed the Poly CL, that was a much more genuinely relaxing experience, which surprised me.

Hope this helps!

1681621050693.png1681622838446.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter