Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I'm considering booking but was wondering if anyone could share opinions on the bed height. One person in our party has some health issues that I'm concerned could make getting in and out of the bed difficult if it's as high as it appears in the pictures. I know we could request an ADA room but I'm not sure how that would work.

I'm considering booking but was wondering if anyone could share opinions on the bed height. One person in our party has some health issues that I'm concerned could make getting in and out of the bed difficult if it's as high as it appears in the pictures. I know we could request an ADA room but I'm not sure how that would work.
We have had an ADA room at PVB longhouse where the bed was lower to the ground.

Can anyone tell me what time the Oasis pool bar is open until? I see that the menu shows entrees/food is served until 8pm, which suggests that the bar itself is open later, but I can't find the hours and Google shows it closing at 8. Many thanks! Trying to figure out my plan for post-kid bedtime balcony cocktails for our trip next week and want to see if getting carry out drinks from the pool bar around 8 would b feasible. :earboy2:

Can anyone tell me what time the Oasis pool bar is open until? I see that the menu shows entrees/food is served until 8pm, which suggests that the bar itself is open later, but I can't find the hours and Google shows it closing at 8. Many thanks! Trying to figure out my plan for post-kid bedtime balcony cocktails for our trip next week and want to see if getting carry out drinks from the pool bar around 8 would b feasible. :earboy2:
Even when the Oasis pool bar is closed you can then get your drinks at Trader Sams patio bar (with my favorite Spiky Pineapple- dole whip with rum).

Even when the Oasis pool bar is closed you can then get your drinks at Trader Sams patio bar (with my favorite Spiky Pineapple- dole whip with rum).
Ooooh, even better! I wasn't sure if the Trader Sam's patio bar would let me do carry out drinks. Is there a walk-up window/bar area for getting drinks? I had drinks there a few years ago but we sat at a table and had a server, and I don't remember if there was a walk-up window.

Ooooh, even better! I wasn't sure if the Trader Sam's patio bar would let me do carry out drinks. Is there a walk-up window/bar area for getting drinks? I had drinks there a few years ago but we sat at a table and had a server, and I don't remember if there was a walk-up window.
Yes you can walk up...and I think if you say you were walking with them they will put in a plastic cup or something for you...however when I am there I usually stay...love the ambience of the waterfall (and often a guitarist playing Hawaiian music-which is always good for the soul).

Yes you can walk up...and I think if you say you were walking with them they will put in a plastic cup or something for you...however when I am there I usually stay...love the ambience of the waterfall (and often a guitarist playing Hawaiian music-which is always good for the soul).
Perfect, thank you! I would love to stay, but, alas, at this point in my life it would mean my husband and I would have to enjoy our cocktails in shifts, since someone has to stay back with the 2 year old. We're staying DVC side to guarantee a balcony and I'm hoping we will be able to enjoy some Poly ambiance from the balcony or lanai, but a to-go cocktail would definitely be the icing on the cake!

Perfect, thank you! I would love to stay, but, alas, at this point in my life it would mean my husband and I would have to enjoy our cocktails in shifts, since someone has to stay back with the 2 year old. We're staying DVC side to guarantee a balcony and I'm hoping we will be able to enjoy some Poly ambiance from the balcony or lanai, but a to-go cocktail would definitely be the icing on the cake!
Baby monitors and associated apps to view them work wonders- so I heard from a much younger version of me when we stayed at Tokelau...theoretically :)...or put the kid in a stroller.. that waterfall/music will soothe them for sure (probably the more responsible idea haha).

Ok the blue line is approximately the location of the terrace to go bar.

Then the pool bar has 2 sides. For resort guests you can cut through the pool via MB(green line) However for guests visiting you also can order from the bar, (red line). The bartender goes back and forth between the 2 lines one at a time so sometimes one line is much smaller. I usually use the red side because I don’t need to use gates which can be tricky when carrying drinks. You can order 2 per person FYI. The dole whip with rum is also here.

IMG_0655.jpeg

Then the pool bar has 2 sides. For resort guests you can cut through the pool via MB(green line) However for guests visiting you also can order from the bar, (red line). The bartender goes back and forth between the 2 lines one at a time so sometimes one line is much smaller. I usually use the red side because I don’t need to use gates which can be tricky when carrying drinks. You can order 2 per person FYI. The dole whip with rum is also here.

View attachment 837802
SO helpful! Thank you!

SO helpful! Thank you!
You are welcome!

Oasis is closest for you but after 8 getting to stroll poly to fetch another? I would volunteer lol.

It looks like Tiki bar is open until 10p. If you go to poly on the wdw site, on the top the tab for dining lists the options. Then you can choose the restaurant or bar and also select the date and it tells you the hours. I use this often before trips for planning.

I feel it takes several stays and/or lots of research so you don’t waste time on vacation. For example I screen shot menus from pool bars, Kona and CC’s. I then sit in my room on my iPad and discuss options with family. Having menus all together it’s so easy to check them out without stress. Same with bar menu for dd looking for her favs.

IMG_0658.pngIMG_0659.png

Last edited:
You are welcome!

Oasis is closest for you but after 8 getting to stroll poly to fetch another? I would volunteer lol.

It looks like Tiki bar is open until 10p. If you go to poly on the wdw site, on the top the tab for dining lists the options. Then you can choose the restaurant or bar and also select the date and it tells you the hours. I use this often before trips for planning.

I feel it takes several stays and/or lots of research so you don’t waste time on vacation. For example I screen shot menus from pool bars, Kona and CC’s. I then sit in my room on my iPad and discuss options with family. Having menus all together it’s so easy to check them out without stress. Same with bar menu for dd looking for her favs.

View attachment 837841View attachment 837842
This is such a good idea—I’ll definitely be adopting it for our next stay! A very good friend of ours is joining us on next year’s trip and she is a total first timer.

View attachment 837802
Great post and information.Thank you!

Can anyone give me a quick construction update/projection for this summer?
Do you have more specifics? The Poly Tower will still be under construction next door, and supposedly some painting of the long houses. We really don't know a whole heck of a lot more. If in a villa, the Tower construction is not an issue as it is on the other side of the resort.

Do you have more specifics? The Poly Tower will still be under construction next door, and supposedly some painting of the long houses. We really don't know a whole heck of a lot more. If in a villa, the Tower construction is not an issue as it is on the other side of the resort.

Thank you that’s helpful! I’d be staying in the hotel portion. Trying to determine if construction should be a factor deciding between GF and Poly! We have stayed at GF once and loved it but have never stayed at Poly and have 2 small kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter