Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

A new dinner show makes sense as there is a current dinner show at the Aulani DVC resort in Hawaii. The name is some what of a mouth full and I had to look it up but it is know as KA WA‘A – A Lū‘au on Oʻahu at Aulani.

Link: https://www.disneyaulani.com/activities/luau/

Dave
We stayed at Aulani last May and enjoyed the luau there. I’m excited to see all the things the new tower has to offer.

Just booked our family in the 2BD CL for summer 2025 and I spent the last week reading this entire thread :oops: Hubby and I have only stayed in studios here and we are looking forward to spending time with our kids and grandkids in larger square footage!

We stayed at Aulani last May and enjoyed the luau there. I’m excited to see all the things the new tower has to offer.

Just booked our family in the 2BD CL for summer 2025 and I spent the last week reading this entire thread :oops: Hubby and I have only stayed in studios here and we are looking forward to spending time with our kids and grandkids in larger square footage!
Did you book the princess 2 bedroom in Tonga? Or the VP suites? Dd and I tried the 1 bedroom princess and loved the view!

Latest look at the Patios at the Oasis Pool.

View attachment 842270

Half end table/half cooler for the included beverages.

Pretty cute.

The Oasis Salad remains one of my top picks anywhere on property. So good on a hot day.
View attachment 842273
Number one, thank you for these! Question, it would be ok if we brought another lounger into the patio? That is only if I am fortunate enough to get one for a night we are there! The menu looks amazing and I would love most anything from it! Now to decide what day to try for. I suppose we would just plan our days around a patio/pool day. And if we didn’t arrive until noon or so? The chair configuration would guaranteed to be there, right? We are a party of 6 adults and 3 littles.

Number one, thank you for these! Question, it would be ok if we brought another lounger into the patio? That is only if I am fortunate enough to get one for a night we are there! The menu looks amazing and I would love most anything from it! Now to decide what day to try for. I suppose we would just plan our days around a patio/pool day. And if we didn’t arrive until noon or so? The chair configuration would guaranteed to be there, right? We are a party of 6 adults and 3 littles.
tbh I would just tell them how many people you have in your group when you call to book. I'm sure they will accommodate you, the Recreation CMs are extremely good about that.

Unfortunately they only accommodate up to 6 guests, per Disney's website.

'Ohana questions and advise for visiting the Polynesian for the first time...

DW and I are celebrating DD graduating from college in May. So the 3 of us will be doing a quick trip over Memorial Day weekend. Now that we are at the 60 day mark, I was able to reserve dinner at 'Ohana and had a couple of questions.

1) We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge but will have a car rental with us. Will the resort allow us to park there if I just show them our 'Ohana reservation?

2) Any suggestions to help give us the best chance to sit at one of the "window" tables? Is this something I can try to request ahead of time or just talk to the cast member when we arrive?

Visiting the Polynesian for the first time, I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on what to do and what to see? Our 'Ohana dinner reservation is at 5pm and from what I read, it usually lasts 60-90 minutes. So we would be able to explore the resort around 6:30pm. Here are some of the things we're considering if we have time...
  • Campfire to roast marshmallows: I believe the Polynesian offers this on Monday, Wednesday and Friday's between 6pm to 7pm.
  • Visit Pineapple Lanai for a Dole Whip.
  • Sit at the beach in front of the seven seas lagoon: Possibly watch the fireworks if we find good seats.
  • Ride the Disney Monorail loop: DW and DD have never been on a monorail, plus this might be a good way to see the property before we leave.
Any other recommendations? Thanks

1) We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge but will have a car rental with us. Will the resort allow us to park there if I just show them our 'Ohana reservation?
Yes, guests with a dining reservation are allowed to park at the resort. Theoretically it's limited to 3 hours. I don't think anybody stands there with a pair of binoculars and a stopwatch, but the rule is in place to prevent people from having breakfast at 'Ohana and then heading into the parks for the day.

Your list sounds good. It's fun to just walk around in the evening with a dole whip and a pocket full of dreams.

If you enjoy cocktails, then Tambu Lounge (next to 'Ohana) and Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace (outside next to Captain Cook's) both have great options. Trader Sam's Grog Grotto is the best, but is very hard to get into (folks line up for an hour before opening just to get their names onto the walk-up list!).

If you stay late enough to watch fireworks, you should stay to watch the Electric Water Pageant as well.

'Ohana questions and advise for visiting the Polynesian for the first time...

DW and I are celebrating DD graduating from college in May. So the 3 of us will be doing a quick trip over Memorial Day weekend. Now that we are at the 60 day mark, I was able to reserve dinner at 'Ohana and had a couple of questions.

Yes.
2) Any suggestions to help give us the best chance to sit at one of the "window" tables? Is this something I can try to request ahead of time or just talk to the cast member when we arrive?

Not really tbh. You can ask but it's not guaranteed and everyone else wants the same thing.

Visiting the Polynesian for the first time, I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on what to do and what to see? Our 'Ohana dinner reservation is at 5pm and from what I read, it usually lasts 60-90 minutes. So we would be able to explore the resort around 6:30pm. Here are some of the things we're considering if we have time...
  • Campfire to roast marshmallows: I believe the Polynesian offers this on Monday, Wednesday and Friday's between 6pm to 7pm.
  • Visit Pineapple Lanai for a Dole Whip.
  • Sit at the beach in front of the seven seas lagoon: Possibly watch the fireworks if we find good seats.

Activity schedules can vary so you'll want to keep an eye out for the recreation calendar for May when it gets posted here. Pineapple Lanai is a solid move but there's no way you're getting a seat for the fireworks at the beach with that 'Ohana ADR. Those chairs fill up hours ahead of time. If you want to watch the fireworks standing spots are plentiful up until showtime though.

• Ride the Disney Monorail loop: DW and DD have never been on a monorail, plus this might be a good way to see the property before we leave.
Any other recommendations? Thanks

A monorail crawl is fun!

Yes. In my experience though I’d definitely recommend valeting at the Poly. It’s always been an adventure trying to find a spot for me.

Thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully with a early dinner reservation at 5pm, I'm hoping there might be a parking spot open.

I know the later the dinner reservation, the harder I'll be to find a parking spot.

Thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully with a early dinner reservation at 5pm, I'm hoping there might be a parking spot open.

I know the later the dinner reservation, the harder I'll be to find a parking spot.
Worst-case scenario: if the lot was completely full and you had to park at the TTC, it's a short monorail hop or a pleasant 10-minute walk from the TTC gates over to the Poly.

Worst-case scenario: if the lot was completely full and you had to park at the TTC, it's a short monorail hop or a pleasant 10-minute walk from the TTC gates over to the Poly.
10 is a super conservative estimate imo, it’s really more like 5. 15 if you had too much drinking around the world and are stumbling down the Epcot monorail ramp. 😅

Tower construction has really only been an issue when booking what used to be standard and is now "resort" view. A bunch of those rooms have potential view of construction. If you want to avoid it, you'll need to book water view and request the Samoa longhouse...Fiji has some resort view which has some rooms overlooking the construction site and some rooms that are water view that face the marina. The marina view rooms you might hear noise during the day when they're working, if you are a midday nap family. We are, and stayed in Samoa last summer and did not hear or see construction, we were totally unimpacted.

Painting is another story, but that sort of thing is far less intrusive as a rule.
Unless something has changed in the past few weeks, they aren't booking the rooms in Aotearoa and Fiji that have a view of the construction.

Unless something has changed in the past few weeks, they aren't booking the rooms in Aotearoa and Fiji that have a view of the construction.

If something changed recently it’s them not putting people in those rooms, not the other way around. They were putting guests in those rooms when the site was a literal dirt pit and people’s balconies were sitting out facing them. At least one DISer posted photos of their dirt pit view a few pages back in this thread. Numerous people have complained about construction view rooms since then. When we stayed last June I was at the front desk paying our room charges with my gift card I saw a woman begging to get moved to another room because of construction. If they stopped putting people there it had to be late 2023 or early 2024 because literally nothing I’ve seen has suggested otherwise since our stay last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter