Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Finally making it back to the Poly for 4 nights April 30-May 4! It has been 6 LONG years at other resorts. Over the top excited to be back. It is just DH and I celebrating 33 years of marriage. I am probably going to want a balcony over a patio. What should I request for my standard view room? Forgot to ask, how long of a walk from Poly to MK using the walkway?

Thanks

Last edited:
Finally making it back to the Poly for 4 nights April 30-May 4! It has been 6 LONG years at other resorts. Over the top excited to be back. It is just DH and I celebrating 33 years of marriage. I am probably going to want a balcony over a patio. What should I request for my standard view room? Forgot to ask, how long of a walk from Poly to MK using the walkway?

Thanks
From what I have read, the walk is around 25-30ish minutes depending on your exact building and overall walking speed. This was such a helpful article: https://mickeyblog.com/2021/06/29/i-walked-from-magic-kingdom-to-the-ttc-heres-how-it-went/

Minnivan? although if you brought your own car that works too. but I hate the buses.
That's my problem. I have not had to ride the buses often, but ALL of my bus experiences have been abysmal. I'm hearing, however, that if I don't take the bus it would put us at a disadvantage for early entry for on-site guests. Argh.

Specific question that no one may be able to answer: how many outlets are in Poly rooms? Trying to figure out charging situation. We have several more devices than our last stay.

Specific question that no one may be able to answer: how many outlets are in Poly rooms? Trying to figure out charging situation. We have several more devices than our last stay.

From what I've seen when they redid the rooms (hotel side) they included a TON of USB ports/outlets near the beds.

That's my problem. I have not had to ride the buses often, but ALL of my bus experiences have been abysmal. I'm hearing, however, that if I don't take the bus it would put us at a disadvantage for early entry for on-site guests. Argh.
Bus there, minivan home? I usually find the buses are okay early in the day - the abysmal-ness gets worse as the day goes on and the passengers are grumpy and tired.

Will be at Poly in June and would like to know if there is a boat to Wilderness campground? Thinking about going over to Trails End for dinner one night. Also is a boat going to WL?

I was just going to ask the same question! We will have 4 phones, 2 portable phone battery packs, and a camera to charge each night! Need 7 plugs! I was going to bring a power strip unless there's enough outlets.

I was just going to ask the same question! We will have 4 phones, 2 portable phone battery packs, and a camera to charge each night! Need 7 plugs! I was going to bring a power strip unless there's enough outlets.
We were just there a few weeks ago. There were 4 of us - so 4 phones, two apple watches and two external batteries. I can’t remember exactly how many outlets there were but we didn’t have a problem charging everything.

Trying to remember our stay at Moorea on 3/10/22. There were 2 strips of ~3 wall outlets and 1 USB outlet by the bed itself (one strip on each side of the bed under the nightstands.) Also other various outlets around the room including at least one other USB charger. Stopped counting after 3 phone chargers, 2 Amazon kids tablet chargers, 1 apple watch and 1 battery pack were plugged in. One of the USB ports didn’t end up charging (as we found out in the morning) so be sure to check on that.

Will be at Poly in June and would like to know if there is a boat to Wilderness campground? Thinking about going over to Trails End for dinner one night. Also is a boat going to WL?

To get to FW, best options are to get to the MK entrance and take the FW boat or bus. Boat is the prettiest. The boat runs direct from the MK entrance to FW.

A separate boat serves MK and WL, so same setup if you’re trying to get to WL from Poly - head to MK entrance and take WL boat or bus.

FYI, the boat that serves Poly only runs in a Poly/MK/GF loop.

Hope that helps!

In case anyone is interested, I messaged Disney about the housekeeping status at the Poly and they called me yesterday to say full housekeeping is back at the Poly but only every other day. So the blog that reported it as back every day is incorrect, unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter