Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

We have friends coming to visit us during our stay and they will have a car. Will they be able to park at the resort and give the guard our room number to be let in? We’re renting DVC points if that makes any difference at all with the parking situation. They have an AP so they could always park at TTC and walk but I’d like for them to park at the Poly if possible.

Bus there, minivan home? I usually find the buses are okay early in the day - the abysmal-ness gets worse as the day goes on and the passengers are grumpy and tired.
This sounds like winner. Bus stop by 6am? It’s a 0730 open

Family of 6 here...2 adults and 4 children (10 and under), with one of the children under 3 years old. We will all be in one room.

My question is, would you suggest the Deluxe Studio or the Standard room?

Hi! We’re staying at the Poly for the first time in August, and both my kids are avid roller derby skaters. Would they be able to use roller skates on any of the paths around the area?

Family of 6 here...2 adults and 4 children (10 and under), with one of the children under 3 years old. We will all be in one room.

The Deluxe Studio will have a queen bed, a queen Murphy bed that covers the couch when it comes down from the wall, and a bunk-size Murphy bed under the TV. There are 2 bathrooms (only one has a toilet, both have sinks, one has a walkin shower, the other has a tub shower) and many people put a pack & play in one of the bathrooms or in the little alcove just inside the entry door. It also has a kitchenette with a minifridge, a microwave, a toaster and a drip coffee pot.

I haven't stayed in a Standard room at Poly for 20+ years, so I'll let someone with recent knowledge describe the Standard room for you.

The standard room has 2 queen beds + a 'murphy' bed that is roughly the side of a standard twin. For me it would not be enough room for 6 people, but perhaps if your youngest will sleep in a pack-n-play. What is the max occupancy on those rooms though? it may not be allowed for 6 people, I think the max occupancy is 5.

I do not have experience with the deluxe studios but it sounds like they also only sleep 5?

The standard room has 2 queen beds + a 'murphy' bed that is roughly the side of a standard twin. For me it would not be enough room for 6 people, but perhaps if your youngest will sleep in a pack-n-play. What is the max occupancy on those rooms though? it may not be allowed for 6 people, I think the max occupancy is 5.

I do not have experience with the deluxe studios but it sounds like they also only sleep 5?

Both sleep 5 adults + 1 child under 3. Planning to either have a pack n play or share the twin Murphy bed. Is the twin Murphy a true twin?

I think it might be ever so slightly shorter? But I also haven't been since they updated the rooms.

It does sound a bit cramped - I would maybe go for the studio just so you can have a bit more space in the room when not sleeping.

Both sleep 5 adults + 1 child under 3. Planning to either have a pack n play or share the twin Murphy bed. Is the twin Murphy a true twin?
My 25 year old son sleeps on the twin Murphy bed. He is about 5’10” tall but very slim. He loves it.

My 25 year old son sleeps on the twin Murphy bed. He is about 5’10” tall but very slim. He loves it.

We have put two kids (of the same ages 2 of them will be when we go) in a twin bed for 3 weeks when we were overseas. 🤪 So, that's helpful to know in case the almost 3 yr old wont fit comfortably in a PNP

Hi Everyone!
We are planning an April '23 trip, staying Poly CL (Hawaii buiding) with 2 grand girls. (8 and 13)
How long is the walk to MK? Does it have the same security spot as CR?
TIA!

Hi Everyone!
We are planning an April '23 trip, staying Poly CL (Hawaii buiding) with 2 grand girls. (8 and 13)
How long is the walk to MK? Does it have the same security spot as CR or does it end at TTR?
Would it be better to boat to CR, hop off and walk to MK from there?

TIA!

Hi Everyone!
How long is the walk to MK? Does it have the same security spot as CR or does it end at TTR?

TIA!
The walk from the Poly is 1,4 miles according to Google Maps. I don’t think there is a boat from the Poly to the CR.

Hi Everyone!

TIA!
I stay at poly, Cr and gf often. Your best bet is mono in the morning for rope drop because they come so often, The rest of the day mono or boat is pretty quick. The boat route is MK/gf/poly continuous.
You can also walk to ttc and catch either the resort mono or the direct one to MK. You can also us the ferry from TTC.

You can mono to CR and walk from there. We had to do that during initial Covid reopening because mono would not let you off unless you had dining res before 8am. So we rode and walked. No need now , just get off at MK.

It is a long walk from poly to MK IMO. We sometimes walk to gf to explore then use transport from there. We also take boat to gf and explored then walk to poly after. The poly to gf walk is shorter than gf to MK.

I have walked poly to MK , it can be done, it is just a long walk.

Hi Everyone!

TIA!

As others have stated, it's a bit of a hike. Maybe 20-25 mins depending on your walking speed. It’s a fine walk if you’re purposely looking to get some steps in and enjoy the scenic route.... but not the most efficient. It's a better walk at night, early AMs, or anytime the sun is not blaring unabated as it can be pretty warm, AKA melting, at certain times of day.

The path doesn't share the same security station as CR as it's coming in from the other side, if you will. The path feeds into where the GF/Poly boats pick up/drop off so you all go through security there - it's on the "left" side of the MK entrance, if looking at the front.

Personally for MK I bounce around from monorail or resort boat depending on mood, weather.

We are a family of 6 as well. Our trip next month will be our 3rd time staying at the Poly in a deluxe studio. Our kids are still young (7, 6, 5 and 2), so although a little cramped it works for us. I really like the extra bathroom (shower/sink). Makes getting ready much easier.

We are a family of 6 as well. Our trip next month will be our 3rd time staying at the Poly in a deluxe studio. Our kids are still young (7, 6, 5 and 2), so although a little cramped it works for us. I really like the extra bathroom (shower/sink). Makes getting ready much easier.

Good to hear it is doable! Where do you put the 2 yr old?

Good to hear it is doable! Where do you put the 2 yr old?
He slept in his pack and play last year, but still fit fine. We are going to try it again, if he's too uncomfortable, I guess he can squeeze in on the Murphy bed with my girls. My 6 yr old boy always takes the pull down twin, but I know he won't share lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter