Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone been to Trader Sam's recently at night? We have 6 adults and only one planned night at the parks. Like to end the night at Trader Sam's. I guess since we are staying at the resort we should just put our name in and we will receive a text?
If you want to go there late (like 9-10 pm) you should probably put your name in around 5-6 pm. I put my name in 2 hours before closing a few months back and never got a text to enter bc they closed before they got to me. Its a gamble though and varies day to day.

I’m currently here at the Polynesian just waiting for our room. I booked a pool/marina view but now when I check in the app it says “garden view - club level”. So I’m assuming they changed our room?

I’m currently here at the Polynesian just waiting for our room. I booked a pool/marina view but now when I check in the app it says “garden view - club level”. So I’m assuming they changed our room?
That would be awesome if that's the case...

If you want to go there late (like 9-10 pm) you should probably put your name in around 5-6 pm. I put my name in 2 hours before closing a few months back and never got a text to enter bc they closed before they got to me. Its a gamble though and varies day to day.

That has to be in person, correct?

Depending on the time of your ADR (if transportation to DHS is running), bus to DHS then Skyliner to CBR, transfer to Epcot Skyliner, disembark at Riviera. I’d allow an hour to hour and a half for that, since you won’t know how long you’ll have to wait for the bus to DHS. If the ADR is too early, then Uber/Lyft/taxi will be your best option.
We were hoping to get a reservation around 10:00. Could we take the Epcot monorail then skyliner to Riviera? The DHS route sounds like it might be easier to get an Uber.

Just returned Sunday from a 7 night stay at the Poly.
The staff were all very nice and very helpful.

B'fast at O'Hana was ok, but certainly not worth the money charged.
Crowds were high, and the main pool was pretty much always packs. Very hard to get a chair, and it was wall to wall kids. This was the most crowded we've ever seen it. Luckily we reserved a patio at the Oasis pool on Tuesday the 5th and that was a great investment.

We noticed that after 4pm the whole resort , especially the lobby became pretty crowded. A lot of locals and others from various resorts trying to get into Trader Sams. We were disappointed in the selection of food at Capt Cooks and found ourselves getting quick service from Grand Floridian.

They didn't have the Smart TV in our standard room. We're wondering when they will switch all the rooms over to that so you can stream Disney+

We wanted to squeeze in one last stay before the StayBridge suites tower starts construction. I filmed the area where it will be built, and there's not much room. Not sure where they will handle operational things like laundry/housekeeping & maintenance. Once that get's built the crowds will be come worse I believe.

Let me know if you have any questions.
What area is the construction?

We were hoping to get a reservation around 10:00. Could we take the Epcot monorail then skyliner to Riviera? The DHS route sounds like it might be easier to get an Uber.
That is probably not a good plan. The Skyliner is at the opposite side of the park from the Monorail. You would have to walk through Epcot and out the International Gateway to get to the Skyliner. I suppose it would depend on how early Epcot even opens on the day in question. There have been times (other than the busiest seasons) that Epcot doesn't open the gate until 10:00 a.m.

Then there is a the ticket question--do you have hoppers and even if so, to enter Epcot in the a.m., you would need a park reservation.

That is probably not a good plan. The Skyliner is at the opposite side of the park from the Monorail. You would have to walk through Epcot and out the International Gateway to get to the Skyliner. I suppose it would depend on how early Epcot even opens on the day in question. There have been times (other than the busiest seasons) that Epcot doesn't open the gate until 10:00 a.m.

Then there is a the ticket question--do you have hoppers and even if so, to enter Epcot in the a.m., you would need a park reservation.
Oh I forgot about the skyliner being back at international gateway. We planned to go to Epcot that day after breakfast. Still seems like an Uber would be easier. Thanks for your help.

Yep. We did get the upgrade! So nice? We will probably never do club level again so it’ll be nice to experience it once!
Amazing! They just upgraded just because? We have a whole flight mess issue and are now getting in right at 3:30pm tomorrow and I’m worried there will be slim pickings of rooms left because it’s such a busy weekend 😭

Well that's a lovely Fiji room looking out over the sand and edge of the bay in 2023 not going to happen having seen those permits. They'll have to re-categorise some of those rooms surely? They can't justify full rack rates with that level of construction surely?

Amazing! They just upgraded just because? We have a whole flight mess issue and are now getting in right at 3:30pm tomorrow and I’m worried there will be slim pickings of rooms left because it’s such a busy weekend 😭
No idea why! We told the person at the front desk that this trip was cancelled 3 times and that our daughter lost her tooth on the plane. I don’t know if that mattered 😂. But is so nice!

Yes! That would be easiest if buses are running. Would buses be running back to Riviera at opening of MK?
Of course, the Riviera buses will be going back and forth to MK a million times to bring guests to park opening. You'll just get on when they get off and ride back to Riviera on an empty bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter