Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there a month ago for ten days and probably visited the pool eight of those days and we were never given wrist bands. The Oasis pool opened at 7:00am everyday and I did swim a few days at that time and I would say about half the chairs were "taken" by people that would come in and put towels on them and then leave. I would watch them. By 8:00am when I was leaving, most chairs were taken, by "towels" or "actual people." Oddly enough, I usually was able to at least find two chairs together at the volcano pool, no matter when we arrived.

This was our experience too. We never did spend any time at the Oasis pool.

We were there a month ago for ten days and probably visited the pool eight of those days and we were never given wrist bands. The Oasis pool opened at 7:00am everyday and I did swim a few days at that time and I would say about half the chairs were "taken" by people that would come in and put towels on them and then leave. I would watch them. By 8:00am when I was leaving, most chairs were taken, by "towels" or "actual people." Oddly enough, I usually was able to at least find two chairs together at the volcano pool, no matter when we arrived.

I'm probably the most peaceful, chill person you may ever meet, but THIS... gets me every time.

@Wood Nymph My one comment/advice about the showers at the Volcano Pool.... they are in the set of restrooms underneath the volcano. Not sure about the women's restroom, but the men's is always incredibly damp/wet/somewhat yucky. Yes it has showers, but it's not ecxactly the ideal place to freshen up/get dressed. It's OK for a quick rinse and throwing on dry clothes. Just keep your expectations somewhat low and you'll be OK. Also, maybe take a few extra towels in with you to put on the floor around your changing area.

I used the showers at the Volcano pool in June. I can 100% verify that the women's showers are absolutely horrible. Damp, dark, dank, pump soap, no toiletries, no dry place to get dressed, no hooks, you have to make sure you bring in multiple towels from the pool. I don't think I would ever plan to use the pool showers at Poly again!! Luckily we were staying club level and I still had access to the lounge that last day. So, it worked out for me in the end. I took the quickest shower possible, threw my clothes on and was able to finish getting ready in the lounge bathroom.

I expected showers that were more like the ones by the AKL pool that I have used in the past - those are great facilities. I'm happy to see that the BC/YC has also finished putting in some very nice upscale showers at SAB. The Poly pool showers definitely do not fit in with the deluxe level of the hotel - they should have been upgraded when they revamped the lava pool. :confused3

Those looking to use the showers at the Lava pool -- definitely keep your expectations low.

Just pricing the resort for August 2018... it keeps stating that there are no standard rooms available. How is that?

I used the showers at the Volcano pool in June. I can 100% verify that the women's showers are absolutely horrible. Damp, dark, dank, pump soap, no toiletries, no dry place to get dressed, no hooks, you have to make sure you bring in multiple towels from the pool. I don't think I would ever plan to use the pool showers at Poly again!! Luckily we were staying club level and I still had access to the lounge that last day. So, it worked out for me in the end. I took the quickest shower possible, threw my clothes on and was able to finish getting ready in the lounge bathroom.

I expected showers that were more like the ones by the AKL pool that I have used in the past - those are great facilities. I'm happy to see that the BC/YC has also finished putting in some very nice upscale showers at SAB. The Poly pool showers definitely do not fit in with the deluxe level of the hotel - they should have been upgraded when they revamped the lava pool. :confused3

Those looking to use the showers at the Lava pool -- definitely keep your expectations low.

I wish they had put in showers at the Oasis pool they put in a huge handicapped bathroom in the back of the ladies room where they could have put showers and the handicapped bathroom should have been accessible from the outside.

Based on the amount of traffic going in and out the facilities near Captain Cook's that I assume are the Volcano pool showers there are a lot of non guests using the facilities. Saw the same attendant servicing the area from early in the morning to at least 2:00 PM in the afternoon. Her supply closet is right next to the bathroom and is constantly re stocked thru the day. She had a right mess to clean up since too many think that they can't do the basics to make the area they used acceptable to the next user. Hopefully, Disney, will figure out a new system to out those who don't belong there and are messy to boot. They clog the hallway and are oblivious to others around them who either want to walk through or use the facilities.
I can't say I found the space dark or dank (lots of bright artificial light) but will say that a larger bin to store used towels ( whyyyyy do many Americans think they need a minimum of 3 towels to do something so simple? Question for the modern ages). Don't recall if amenities were there since I brought my own from the room as is my norm.

Maybe, Disney, needs to upgrade the pools (and cost) at other hotels so those who paid to use the swimming facilities can get the value of the cost.

Maybe, Disney, needs to upgrade the pools (and cost) at other hotels so those who paid to use the swimming facilities can get the value of the cost.

Many of those pools are very nice already. The issue is that people want to swim at one of the monorail loop pools before dinner/break from MK. It's not "the Poly has the nicest pool!" so much as "it's convenient to MK/TTC." And they can't change that by upgrading other pools, KWIM?

They could do a better job keeping interlopers out, however. CR and GF don't have the same issues.

Based on the amount of traffic going in and out the facilities near Captain Cook's that I assume are the Volcano pool showers there are a lot of non guests using the facilities. Saw the same attendant servicing the area from early in the morning to at least 2:00 PM in the afternoon. Her supply closet is right next to the bathroom and is constantly re stocked thru the day. She had a right mess to clean up since too many think that they can't do the basics to make the area they used acceptable to the next user. Hopefully, Disney, will figure out a new system to out those who don't belong there and are messy to boot. They clog the hallway and are oblivious to others around them who either want to walk through or use the facilities.
I can't say I found the space dark or dank (lots of bright artificial light) but will say that a larger bin to store used towels ( whyyyyy do many Americans think they need a minimum of 3 towels to do something so simple? Question for the modern ages). Don't recall if amenities were there since I brought my own from the room as is my norm.

Not sure I understand your first sentence. The Volcano Pool restrooms/showers are underneath the Volcano/water slide, within the pool fences, not near Captain Cooks.

Many of those pools are very nice already. The issue is that people want to swim at one of the monorail loop pools before dinner/break from MK. It's not "the Poly has the nicest pool!" so much as "it's convenient to MK/TTC." And they can't change that by upgrading other pools, KWIM?

They could do a better job keeping interlopers out, however. CR and GF don't have the same issues.

Important point about the closeness to MK and monorails that makes good sense when working on the internal traffic plan. I haven't seen the pool at the Contemporary but have the ones at GF. My traveling kiddos yawned at the GF pools despite the fact that DGD thinks GF is superior because it has a spa she likes...yes wellll prep self to go to a good college and Nonnie will fund your spa "need". Maybe;).

Not sure I understand your first sentence. The Volcano Pool restrooms/showers are underneath the Volcano/water slide, within the pool fences, not near Captain Cooks.
I've never seen those restrooms/showers and thank you for the increased knowledge. I have seen the overflow at the locale I pinpointed. It's obvious to me that that it's an overly busy place that many are aware of.

Question about a bounceback.....we are here now and I read on a different thread here that there may be a bounce back offer for free dining next year if you book before you check out. Problem is we have no information in our room, no paper or code. We asked at the poly front desk this morning about any bounceback offer and the cast member was very short explaining if we did not have any literature in our room then we were not given the offer. So is the bounceback a random offer to certain guests and/or rooms?

Question about a bounceback.....we are here now and I read on a different thread here that there may be a bounce back offer for free dining next year if you book before you check out. Problem is we have no information in our room, no paper or code. We asked at the poly front desk this morning about any bounceback offer and the cast member was very short explaining if we did not have any literature in our room then we were not given the offer. So is the bounceback a random offer to certain guests and/or rooms?

You got some bad information from the front desk. Call 8844 from your room, that is the bounceback extension. Ask them for the details.

IN addition to the number another poster provided, the bounceback offer is often not its own sheet. It is integrated into a booklet about the parks or other information. It will be a page or two in that booklet, often near the beginning or end. So look through all the pages of the "guides" to the parks and other booklets they have provided in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter