Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair dryers? I searched the thread but no clear answer. WDW states hair dryers are available upon request. I have seen posts stating the rooms have wall mounted ones and others stating no hair dryers, and some showing a hair dryer in a bag. What is the actual scoop on hair dryers? I hate over packing so I would rather leave mine at home.

My thick, naturally curly hair will appreciate your responses :)

There was a hair dryer in a bag on a shelf above the closet. Do not know how powerful it was as it was not used.

My daughter and I have thick hair. I thought the hair dryer was more powerful than the wall mounted types in many hotels but not as good as mine at home (and I don't have an expensive/fancy one). We made do but it took longer, so I'd say it depends on your tolerance level.

Hair dryers? I searched the thread but no clear answer. WDW states hair dryers are available upon request. I have seen posts stating the rooms have wall mounted ones and others stating no hair dryers, and some showing a hair dryer in a bag. What is the actual scoop on hair dryers?
The Values did have the pitiful little wall-mounts until 2015 when they finally replaced them with the full-size dryer.

This is the dryer you will find now at POP(in all rooms).:)

23411812839_3cfaac10ba_b.jpg

Hello! Our flight lands at 10 pm and we are taking magical express to pop. Will there be any food available in the food court by the time we'd arrive? Thank you!

Most of the food stations close between 10 and 11. Pizza and the stuff in the grab and go coolers are available until midnight. You might have time to get there and get something, but it's possible that you might not make it in time if your flight is delayed even a little bit.

Don't have time to go through all the pages here but about the renovated rooms. I don't think I've seen them on the Disney Site. Are they ready yet and do we know about how much for them? Also I'm seeing they are "suite-like" but aside from the added coffee maker I'm not sure what the real difference is between adding a pull down bed and just booking a room with 2 double beds?

The renovations just started this week, so the first renovated rooms won't be ready for a few weeks. There are some pictures of the proposed look back in this thread, but it's still unconfirmed if the changes will look like those renderings. The difference is that the pull down bad/table combo will leave more floor space in the room, and apparently, if the guesses are correct: a queen bed instead of a double for the other bed. The changes also apparently include a sliding barn style door instead of the curtain for the vanity area, laminate flooring instead of carpeting, new drapes and bedding, and that possible 'beverage station'. Only time will tell.

I checked out this morning from a three night stay and had a great time. Room was clean, great view and location (same exact room I had in December), and I enjoyed the movie by the pool with complimentary popcorn while my daughter swam. The only negatives were my mattress was really hard (my daughter's was not quite as bad) and cheer groups arrived Thursday and it definitely made an impact. The food court was mobbed. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here and will definitely be back.

Just returned home from a 7 night stay late last night. We had a fabulous time!!!! Our room was in building 5 overlooking the lake (which I had requested). Our room was always clean and very quiet. The cheer groups started to arrive around thursday and there was also some sort of softball group and tons of high schoolers that arrived as well later on in the week. The bus lines were super long in the mornings (like out of the chain queue and down the sidewalk). This caused some confusion when trying to get in the correct line for the park you wanted to go to. All the lines merged together because they were so long. Tuesday morning was the worst morning for busses. We were headed to Epcot and it took 2 hours! While we were waiting mulitple MK, AK and HS busses came but only 2 for Epcot. This was when the lines were way out of the queues. I felt bad for the transportation guy working Pop that morning. You could hear him on his walkie radio calling for more Epcot busses and saying how many people were waiting but they just told him they were coming. We were in line at 8:30 in the morning for the bus and finally walked thru the Epcot gates after 10:30. But over all we had an amazing time! I'm currently in that post disney funk and ready to go back! :)

Just returned home from a 7 night stay late last night. We had a fabulous time!!!! Our room was in building 5 overlooking the lake (which I had requested). Our room was always clean and very quiet. The cheer groups started to arrive around thursday and there was also some sort of softball group and tons of high schoolers that arrived as well later on in the week. The bus lines were super long in the mornings (like out of the chain queue and down the sidewalk). This caused some confusion when trying to get in the correct line for the park you wanted to go to. All the lines merged together because they were so long. Tuesday morning was the worst morning for busses. We were headed to Epcot and it took 2 hours! While we were waiting mulitple MK, AK and HS busses came but only 2 for Epcot. This was when the lines were way out of the queues. I felt bad for the transportation guy working Pop that morning. You could hear him on his walkie radio calling for more Epcot busses and saying how many people were waiting but they just told him they were coming. We were in line at 8:30 in the morning for the bus and finally walked thru the Epcot gates after 10:30. But over all we had an amazing time! I'm currently in that post disney funk and ready to go back! :)

Wow how crazy of a wait for an EPCOT bus. I've been there when several buses came for each park except for the one I was in line for, but it was never more than a few minutes. But always glad to see someone with your attitude that you didn't let one bad even ruin your trip.

Wow how crazy of a wait for an EPCOT bus. I've been there when several buses came for each park except for the one I was in line for, but it was never more than a few minutes. But always glad to see someone with your attitude that you didn't let one bad even ruin your trip.

Ya I've never seen it that bad, even in the summer. My BF was getting aggravated but I told him this was a total fluke that no busses were coming. But my out look on it is I'm at Disney on vacation. There's a lot worse things I could be doing than standing waiting for a bus. I just kind of go with the flow and have fun. :)

I really like the hair dryers at Pop and actually wrote down the brand to try and buy one. So far no luck finding that brand though.
I'm at POP now. It's just a Conair. Very heavy dryer and lots of air flow but not a lot of power. Conair is available everywhere. Not good quality brand.

Thanks @dancin Disney style. The one we had last year is the Andis' style shown in post #6323 above. I really liked it but possibly they're replacing them with Conair when they break?

We had that kind at AoA last summer and I loved it! My daughter has super thick long curly hair and it worked great on her hair. She usually lets her hair air dry at home but I use a hair dryer almost every day. I will probably buy an Andis when my current hair dryer needs to be replaced. Their website is https://at-home.andis.com/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter