Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned home from a 7 night stay late last night. We had a fabulous time!!!! Our room was in building 5 overlooking the lake (which I had requested). Our room was always clean and very quiet. The cheer groups started to arrive around thursday and there was also some sort of softball group and tons of high schoolers that arrived as well later on in the week. The bus lines were super long in the mornings (like out of the chain queue and down the sidewalk). This caused some confusion when trying to get in the correct line for the park you wanted to go to. All the lines merged together because they were so long. Tuesday morning was the worst morning for busses. We were headed to Epcot and it took 2 hours! While we were waiting mulitple MK, AK and HS busses came but only 2 for Epcot. This was when the lines were way out of the queues. I felt bad for the transportation guy working Pop that morning. You could hear him on his walkie radio calling for more Epcot busses and saying how many people were waiting but they just told him they were coming. We were in line at 8:30 in the morning for the bus and finally walked thru the Epcot gates after 10:30. But over all we had an amazing time! I'm currently in that post disney funk and ready to go back! :)
Sometimes I will take the MK bus and then catch the monorail to Epcot.

Is there somewhere I can find specific room numbers that are king rooms that connect with 2 doubles? The only information I have been able to find are for handicap accessible king rooms. Are all the king rooms at POP accessible?

When making my reservation the cast member suggested reserving a preferred room to get a king that connects to a double...but my research tells me that's false.

I don't mind a preferred room...I like the convenience to the main bldg and buses. I also wanted the 50s section...is it possible to get a king in this section that connects to 2 doubles and not accessible?

Is there somewhere I can find specific room numbers that are king rooms that connect with 2 doubles?

Not that I'm aware of.

The only information I have been able to find are for handicap accessible king rooms. Are all the king rooms at POP accessible?

No.

When making my reservation the cast member suggested reserving a preferred room to get a king that connects to a double...but my research tells me that's false.

Your research is correct. There are King rooms that connect to doubles all over the resort.

I don't mind a preferred room...I like the convenience to the main bldg and buses. I also wanted the 50s section...is it possible to get a king in this section that connects to 2 doubles and not accessible?

Yup.

I have a ressie at POP in May for just hubby and I to see Flower and Garden for the first time!
I really want to get a King bed or if the referb is a queen as suspected that would be ok too. I just do not want to have 2 doubles.
What are the chances of getting a king bed at Pop?
We could move to POR for $250 more to guarantee queens but I would love to save the money for shopping LOL!!

What would you do? Take the chance or change the reservation? I have touringplans and will do the fax.

I have a ressie at POP in May for just hubby and I to see Flower and Garden for the first time!
I really want to get a King bed or if the referb is a queen as suspected that would be ok too. I just do not want to have 2 doubles.
We could move to POR for $250 more to guarantee queens but I would love to save the money for shopping LOL!!

What would you do? Take the chance or change the reservation? I have touringplans and will do the fax.

I would take a chance cause I love Pop. Maybe request a king or a refurbished room.

When did they change. I thought they served Nescafe?

Disney switched from Nescafé to Joffrey's at WDW resorts in 2013.

Please tell me it's better than Nescafe!??

I think the general consensus is that the Joffrey's coffee served in the resorts is better than Nescafé. The serving system is different as the Joffrey's coffee is dispensed from independent urns rather than the hot water/coffee concentrate dispensers used with the Nescafé.

I like the Joffrey's although I will drink whatever coffee is served, although I have to admit I kind of miss the unique taste of the Nescafé as it was a part of my "I'm on my Disney vacation" experience.

Last edited:
Sometimes I will take the MK bus and then catch the monorail to Epcot.

Just a heads up that while this is an option it is the looong way around from Pop as Epcot itself is reasonably close to Pop.

The option above means a 13 - 15 min bus ride to MK, walk to the monorail, ride 1 monorail to the TTC and then transfer to a second one including going down then back up the ramps to catch the Epcot monorail.

It is an option just one I believe would take a minimum of 45 mins to travel.

We just got back from Pop on Saturday. I requested a king through touring plans, and we got it. Unfortunately, it was also in the 90s building where they are currently refurbing rooms. No email from Disney prior to our stay regarding renovations. I really don't understand why they don't shut down an entire building at a time. Our room faced the wing that was under construction. I didn't complain as we were planning to be in the parks all day. We ended up taking a break from Epcot on Friday and work was in full swing while we were trying to nap. It's not a simple finishes upgrade (paint and carpet). We heard chipping hammers the entire time we were there. The king bed was not worth it with the walk to transportation and the noise combined.

According to the sign in the reno rooms it will take 20 days per room, Right now they are working on one section (rooms 25 to 48) on all floors. Even if you were in other sections of a renovated building do not thing there would be much noise interruption. They did take one of the elevator out of service for their use. They might increase the number being worked on as they go further on into the reno. Each room would be at a different stage in the renovation.

We very definitely could hear chipping hammers all around the building. And yes, the elevator designated for construction use only did slow things down a bit.

Just a heads up that while this is an option it is the looong way around from Pop as Epcot itself is reasonably close to Pop.

The option above means a 13 - 15 min bus ride to MK, walk to the monorail, ride 1 monorail to the TTC and then transfer to a second one including going down then back up the ramps to catch the Epcot monorail.

It is an option just one I believe would take a minimum of 45 mins to travel.

I was going to say the same thing. It's a very roundabout and time-consuming way of getting to Epcot -- though totally doable. The bus ride from Pop to Epcot is about 10 minutes. It's a little less time consuming option if you're going to MK and decide to take a bus to Epcot and take the monorail from there to TTC and then MK. At least you're not back-tracking in that scenario. Except the time we decided to do that on our last trip.... We took the bus from AoA to Epcot and planned to take the monorail to MK. When we got to Epcot, we walked all the way up to the monorail before finding out that the MK/TTC line was down and we had to take a bus to TTC and then the monorail from there. Trudged back to the temporary bus stop, waited a few minutes for a bus and got dropped off at TTC which was a bit chaotic at the time -- lots and lots of buses at the time. Then walked over to the monorail station and waited a few minutes for a monorail. Sadly, while we were waiting for a bus to Epcot at AoA, a MK bus arrived and left just a minute or two before the Epcot bus. But we wanted to ride the monorail that day so we waited for the Epcot bus. Had we gotten on the MK bus, we would have been walking into the park within about 20 minutes. Instead, it took us over an hour until we were in the park. Fortunately, we didn't need to be anywhere by a certain time that evening but it was a reminder about why you need to allow at least an hour when using Disney transportation.

I was going to say the same thing. It's a very roundabout and time-consuming way of getting to Epcot -- though totally doable. The bus ride from Pop to Epcot is about 10 minutes. It's a little less time consuming option if you're going to MK and decide to take a bus to Epcot and take the monorail from there to TTC and then MK. At least you're not back-tracking in that scenario. Except the time we decided to do that on our last trip.... We took the bus from AoA to Epcot and planned to take the monorail to MK. When we got to Epcot, we walked all the way up to the monorail before finding out that the MK/TTC line was down and we had to take a bus to TTC and then the monorail from there. Trudged back to the temporary bus stop, waited a few minutes for a bus and got dropped off at TTC which was a bit chaotic at the time -- lots and lots of buses at the time. Then walked over to the monorail station and waited a few minutes for a monorail. Sadly, while we were waiting for a bus to Epcot at AoA, a MK bus arrived and left just a minute or two before the Epcot bus. But we wanted to ride the monorail that day so we waited for the Epcot bus. Had we gotten on the MK bus, we would have been walking into the park within about 20 minutes. Instead, it took us over an hour until we were in the park. Fortunately, we didn't need to be anywhere by a certain time that evening but it was a reminder about why you need to allow at least an hour when using Disney transportation.
Yes,I look at it the same as the "Sassagoula River Route" to Disney Springs-time consuming,but A LOT of fun when time is not "pressing"!:)

I can't stand Nescafe. Joffrey's is way better. I actually like Joffrey's better than Starbucks
I've heard that same thing about Starbucks before. But I have never really had their drip coffee, well their packaged stuff but not from Starbucks. I get the expensive stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter