Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to book at POP for the first time. I am hoping to get a standard room that would be close to busses and classic hall.
I've read a few suggestions for room requests....60's section, 70's B building, 80's B building.
Can anyone point me to the best choice for room request? (even if it isn't actually any of these)

Getting ready to book at POP for the first time. I am hoping to get a standard room that would be close to busses and classic hall.
I've read a few suggestions for room requests....60's section, 70's B building, 80's B building.
Can anyone point me to the best choice for room request? (even if it isn't actually any of these)

Here is the map of POP from page 1 that shows the layout and highlights the room categories.
http://s962.photobucket.com/user/br...PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg.html
Standard rooms are the ones that have no highlight. This may help you to see what would be best for your requests but if those are you 2 requests, it may be best to make those 2 requests so the room assigner will know what you are looking for. Hope this helps and hope you get the perfect room! :goodvibes

Here is the map of POP from page 1 that shows the layout and highlights the room categories.
http://s962.photobucket.com/user/braverman4/media/POP Century Thread/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg.html
Standard rooms are the ones that have no highlight. This may help you to see what would be best for your requests but if those are you 2 requests, it may be best to make those 2 requests so the room assigner will know what you are looking for. Hope this helps and hope you get the perfect room! :goodvibes

thanks! i had no idea i could just put that as the requests without specifying a building.

can anyone tell me if POP has rooms with king beds that have connecting doors to rooms that have two double beds

Here is the room layout for POP from page 1 that shows the location of the rooms with king/double and connecting rooms.
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/1329/popcenturyroomlayoutlarge.jpg
There aren't a lot of king beds at POP and the only way to actually book a king bed is if you need handicap accessible but you can request one (not guaranteed). Not all king rooms are handicap accessible so I would recommend that when you book, that you don't make any other requests and ask the CM or your TA for a "travel with number". This ensures that they have requested connecting rooms. By not making any other requests you will have a better chance of getting what you request if you really need a king with a connecting double room. This has been my request several times in the past and I have been able to get my request 6 out of my last 10 trips (I did have to move a day later to get it once). Once you start asking for a specific building, location, floor or century then it cuts your chances down of getting the king bed with a connecting double room a lot. Hope this helps.
Good luck and I hope you get the perfect room set up! :goodvibes

thanks! i had no idea i could just put that as the requests without specifying a building.

Definitely! It is actually best not to specify a building, floor, century, etc. and just request what you are wanting, if your specific needs are "close to transportation" or "close to Classic Hall". This gives the room assigner alot more flexibility getting you a room that meets your request. Once you add other requests, it limits the room assigner and cuts down your chance of getting what you really want.

Can someone tell me how far the Standard Pool View rooms are from the food courts and bus stops?

Can someone tell me how far the Standard Pool View rooms are from the food courts and bus stops?
It depends what building you're in. A standard Pool View room will more than likely put you in the 50's or 80's/90's sections. The 50's pool view will be closer to Classics Hall. Both sections are just about equal distance from bus stops.. 80's/90's section may be a little closer depending what building you're in.

It depends what building you're in. A standard Pool View room will more than likely put you in the 50's or 80's/90's sections. The 50's pool view will be closer to Classics Hall. Both sections are just about equal distance from bus stops.. 80's/90's section may be a little closer depending what building you're in.

Thank you!

I chose the new check in where your room gers texted to you and you don't have to stop at front desk.

How has this been working?

WE did this last week (checked in on Friday 17th). When the plane landed at 9:30 AM, I turned my phone on and the text was there that my room was ready and with the room #. When we stepped off of ME at Pop, the cast member standing on the sidewalk asked if we did online check in, and we said yes, she asked our room number and handed us a map of the resort with our building circled, and we were in our room about three minutes later. It was great! I did the old version of online check in at ASM on our prior trip (three years ago) and I still had to stand in line at check in then for almost 45 minutes, so this was a HUGE improvement.

WE did this last week (checked in on Friday 17th). When the plane landed at 9:30 AM, I turned my phone on and the text was there that my room was ready and with the room #. When we stepped off of ME at Pop, the cast member standing on the sidewalk asked if we did online check in, and we said yes, she asked our room number and handed us a map of the resort with our building circled, and we were in our room about three minutes later. It was great! I did the old version of online check in at ASM on our prior trip (three years ago) and I still had to stand in line at check in then for almost 45 minutes, so this was a HUGE improvement.
Can't wait to try this in November. Especially since we are having to take a late flight that doesn't land until 11:55pm and by the time we get to POP it will be 1am and I will want my bed:cloud9: :rotfl:

I was wondering if you made any special room requests with a CM or during on-line check in and if any of them were granted.
Glad it was a good experience!

Can't wait to try this in November. Especially since we are having to take a late flight that doesn't land until 11:55pm and by the time we get to POP it will be 1am and I will want my bed:cloud9: :rotfl:

I was wondering if you made any special room requests with a CM or during on-line check in and if any of them were granted.
Glad it was a good experience!

I paid for a preferred room. The only request I made was 'close to transportation' Were in building 5, and ended up the second room from the end of the building closest to the Food court. It was perfect.

We are paying for a preferred room seeing as we have two little ones plus my Mom who has knee issues. As we need connecting rooms should the only request I make be connecting rooms or should I chance it and add close to transportation?

On the road heading to WDW and Pop with an overnight stop in Lake City!! We are splitting the drive up over 2 days so we can arrive at Disney earlier tomorrow.

After a year of planning our magical trip is finally here. It fills a little strange to be done with planning and actually starting the trip. This is our 5 year old twins first trip, second trip for our oldest. This is everyone's first time staying at a Disney resort! Even the grandparents are coming. Everyone's so excited, fun memories ahead!!

We wanted connecting rooms last time we went with my parents. We didn't get it but when we checked in, just asked if they had anything connecting. They quickly were able to give us connecting rooms. My parents had wanted a King size bed, but gave that up to get connecting rooms. So I would request whatever is most important to you. Although, you could just give other things up when you get there if you are able to get the connecting rooms.

We added a preferred room this trip and we sre hoping to be connected to my mom. I put in a request and they said they would try but can't guarantee it. Still I'm hoping.

On the road heading to WDW and Pop with an overnight stop in Lake City!! We are splitting the drive up over 2 days so we can arrive at Disney earlier tomorrow.

After a year of planning our magical trip is finally here. It fills a little strange to be done with planning and actually starting the trip. This is our 5 year old twins first trip, second trip for our oldest. This is everyone's first time staying at a Disney resort! Even the grandparents are coming. Everyone's so excited, fun memories ahead!!

I understand how you feel, for me part of the fun of vacation is planning. When you are on your way towards the Magical Vacation it seems the trip is half way over.

Enjoy your trip,
!

HI :yay:
Just booked my Solo trip for Sept.! The only rm available for BB offer was preferred pool room. Can someone tell me the room location this is.
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter