Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever had trouble with lizards or frogs entering your first floor rooms at POP? We really like first floor rooms to avoid walking up stairs after long park days, but also do not want any uninvited guests
In the evenings, we have to be very careful opening our doors. Those little frogs sure can shoot through the doors, but we think they’re cute, so we don’t mind too much.

By the 3rd week (8/13) are they gone?
Most,if not all, will be long gone by then,their Winter Break over and back to school they go.:)

Must be a really "depressing" time for them-just a few days or a few weeks before they were having the time of their young lives in the USA at WDW on a trip they had looked forward to for years and then they find themselves back in SCHOOL!

I imagine that first week back at school is one MAJOR LEAGUE BUMMER for The 15s!:)

Ok this verified it for me - we will NOT be requesting a first floor room - thank you!
:rotfl:Sorry! I’m not sure if it’s the time of year we go or the lakeside rooms we usually stay in.
We notice them on our August trips, but not on our December trips.

Oh no! so the ground floor isn't the worst for uninvited guests? They are all equal, because it's Florida or is the ground floor more common?

Oh no! so the ground floor isn't the worst for uninvited guests? They are all equal, because it's Florida or is the ground floor more common?
It's Florida. There are bugs, roaches and gekkos. That being said, we have stayed at Pop more than 20 times for probably a total of well over 100 nights and have had 1 single experience with an unwanted bug in our room.

It's been my observation that since WDW is in the middle of a swamp, in a sub tropical zone, the chances of having uninvited critters invade your space are as good on the top floor as the ground floor. :-)

It's Florida. There are bugs, roaches and gekkos. That being said, we have stayed at Pop more than 20 times for probably a total of well over 100 nights and have had 1 single experience with an unwanted bug in our room.
Wow! You’re muck luckier than us! Or probably just more careful. We’ve had to get rid of those palmetto bugs in our rooms several times. I do wonder how predominant room location and time of year plays a part in these bugs getting in.

Wow! You’re muck luckier than us! Or probably just more careful. We’ve had to get rid of those palmetto bugs in our rooms several times. I do wonder how predominant room location and time of year plays a part in these bugs getting in.
I believe that the wings on Palmetto bugs are just a distraction.
They can just teleport into our room at will and teleport out before they can be smashed.
Much like those blasted Bottle flies. >:(

We have been to disney for two week stays a number of times now and two years ago was our first encounter with a frog in the room, so I'm obviously a little nervous now. We do prefer first floor though. I'm just trying to determine the lesser of the evils - LOL

Has anyone that has stayed recently know if the All American Picnic Burger is still in the food court at POP, I didn't see it on the online menu anymore. I miss it at sci fi diner, this was the only other location that I know of that had it.

Most,if not all, will be long gone by then,their Winter Break over and back to school they go.:)

Must be a really "depressing" time for them-just a few days or a few weeks before they were having the time of their young lives in the USA at WDW on a trip they had looked forward to for years and then they find themselves back in SCHOOL!

I imagine that first week back at school is one MAJOR LEAGUE BUMMER for The 15s!:)

We are taking our daughter out of school to go this year...(she will miss just 3 days). She has to go to school on Thursday, and our flight is at 7:20 that night. She said...MOM...HOW am I suppose to concentrate that day? LOL...that worst part is coming home the following week...we land at 9:30pm....she has to go back to school the next day. LOL!

We are taking our daughter out of school to go this year...(she will miss just 3 days). She has to go to school on Thursday, and our flight is at 7:20 that night. She said...MOM...HOW am I suppose to concentrate that day? LOL...that worst part is coming home the following week...we land at 9:30pm....she has to go back to school the next day. LOL!
LOL.. she has a point! My daughter will miss 6 days of school (she will be in 5th grade) and I'm a bit nervous about that. Hopefully her teachers will be cool and let her do some work early, so that she doesn't have too much to make up when she gets back. She is refusing to go once she hits Middle School (don't blame her) because she said it will be "too hard to make up that work". We have her thinking we are going NEXT fall, so she will be very happy when we surprise her with a trip THIS December.. and yes, staying at POP for the first time!

This is just as true from the teacher standpoint! Last year when I went down for Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend, I flew out at like 5pm on Thursday which turned that into the longest day of teaching ever! Then I got back home late Sunday night and had to turn around and go teach the next day! So I definitely feel your daughter's pain! :laughing:

Ok this verified it for me - we will NOT be requesting a first floor room - thank you!
A wee bit off topic but I've been so much luckier than most over the past few years re returning from my WDW trip a few days before a hurricane and then last year, flying in a few days after a major hurricane. One big thing I noticed was the water flooding and pooling on the ground, the ground level walkways and right up and over the threshold of ground floor rooms. I was at AS Sports both trips but imagine the dynamic may be the same at POP. I always ask for top floor because I believe it is more quiet. And after wading through that water & feeling so bad for ground floor families, I wouldn't even consider ground floor now unless I had a serious accessibility issue and believed I had no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter