Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great review and good point about the blanket on the bed - it is like a sheet. I loved the room but also got cold at night and was wishing for a blanket. I'm one of those people with the covers on and off multiple times a night no matter where I set the thermostat - lol!

Does anyone know if you can request an actual blanket from housekeeping?

This summer when we were there I called and asked for a blanket. They brought me another one like is between the sheets on the bed. I was good with that on top of the other bedding. I didn’t aske if they had any heavier blankets

Hey guys has anyone booked through Thomas cook and been able to request a room in a specific block? I've emailed disney n they said to do it through online check in, but when I get to the bit about room choice there's no options in the drop down boxes. Thanks y'all

Hey guys has anyone booked through Thomas cook and been able to request a room in a specific block? I've emailed disney n they said to do it through online check in, but when I get to the bit about room choice there's no options in the drop down boxes. Thanks y'all

The online request form is completely broken now, with no choices listed on the form. Prior to this, choices were listed but weren’t saved correctly.

You’ll need to call Disney and add your request, which is a perfectly fine way to make requests.

The online request form is completely broken now, with no choices listed on the form. Prior to this, choices were listed but weren’t saved correctly.

You’ll need to call Disney and add your request, which is a perfectly fine way to make requests.

Is the TP fax option a good choice too? We submitted a request through that and I hate to also call and feel like I'm nagging haha

Is the TP fax option a good choice too? We submitted a request through that and I hate to also call and feel like I'm nagging haha
I've had very good success using TP fax. This last time my request was not granted but the 5+ other times I've always been on the floor requested and within a couple of doors from what I requested.

I did try that but they said because I hadn't booked through disney they couldn't do anything.

They can,but not as much or as often as the All-Star Resort.

And The 15s definitely can "invade" POP at times!:)

Well, my mom and I will take that over cheerleaders!;) we booked a standard room yesterday for princess marathon weekend and we wanted to stay at ASMo because of the cheaper price, but since it’s the month for all the cheerleaders to “invade” the all star resorts, we didn’t want to take our chances nor wake up in the morning to find cheerleaders rehearsing all over the place:D

I'm hoping someone can clarify something for me, pretty please. :crazy2:

I'm planning my first WDW trip after years of DLR trips. We're interested in Pop, but I'm confused about the bed set up after the refurb. At the start of the thread it says that there are rooms with two queen beds or 1 queen bed with the table top bed. On the WDW website it states just the 1 queen with the table top bed (and a King roon of course).

Do they really have 2 queen beds in some rooms still? o_O

Thank you for any reply! I'm just starting to figure all this WDW stuff out and whoa boy, there's a lot more to it then Disneyland!

I'm hoping someone can clarify something for me, pretty please. :crazy2:

I'm planning my first WDW trip after years of DLR trips. We're interested in Pop, but I'm confused about the bed set up after the refurb. At the start of the thread it says that there are rooms with two queen beds or 1 queen bed with the table top bed. On the WDW website it states just the 1 queen with the table top bed (and a King roon of course).

Do they really have 2 queen beds in some rooms still? o_O

Thank you for any reply! I'm just starting to figure all this WDW stuff out and whoa boy, there's a lot more to it then Disneyland!

They have a Queen bed and Murphy bed (queen sized) aka 2 queens. Use to be 2 double beds but no longer.

Disneyland is definitely less planning which I like but I also like being in the Disney bubble at the world

They have a Queen bed and Murphy bed (queen sized) aka 2 queens. Use to be 2 double beds but no longer.

Disneyland is definitely less planning which I like but I also like being in the Disney bubble at the world

Oh bummer. It'll be me and my 23 year old daughter and I don't think either of us relish sleeping on the table top bed. Maybe we'll look at Art of Animation instead.

And yes! Disneyland is so much less complicated but we are so eager and excited to see things we haven't seen yet.

Oh bummer. It'll be me and my 23 year old daughter and I don't think either of us relish sleeping on the table top bed. Maybe we'll look at Art of Animation instead.

And yes! Disneyland is so much less complicated but we are so eager and excited to see things we haven't seen yet.
The 2 beds have identical, extremely comfortable queen sized mattresses on the beds. People have come home and ordered the mattresses for home!

I would not hesitate to sleep on the Murphy bed. My teenage daughter slept on a similar one in an Art of Animation suite and I felt it was even more comfortable than the queen bed dh and I slept on!

The 2 beds have identical, extremely comfortable queen sized mattresses on the beds. People have come home and ordered the mattresses for home!

Oh really! That's good to know. Follow up, so this trip is a celebration of my daughter recovering from a pretty bad car accident this past May. (broken pelvis primarily)
Still high quality enough for either her or her dear aging mother?

I would not hesitate to sleep on the Murphy bed. My teenage daughter slept on a similar one in an Art of Animation suite and I felt it was even more comfortable than the queen bed dh and I slept on!

Same question as shown above? And thank you for the info?

Oh really! That's good to know. Follow up, so this trip is a celebration of my daughter recovering from a pretty bad car accident this past May. (broken pelvis primarily)
Still high quality enough for either her or her dear aging mother?
Definitely, yes. I've stayed in a refurb room twice now and loved the beds both times. Most recently was a girls trips for me and 2 other adult women, one who had a recently diagnosed herniated disk. She'd been in constant pain and unable to sleep for more than a couple hours each night at home. She was able to get a solid 6+ hours of sleep each night without waking up at all and that was even sharing a bed with me. They really are great mattresses and as scrappingontario said, both beds are identical. The only difference is that one lifts to reveal the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter