Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pleased with our first visit to POP July 17-24th. We arrived in Orlando at 1 PM and received a text that our room was ready as we were finding our way to ME pickup area at the airport. We requested connecting rooms on a high floor and request was granted. Rooms 4468/4469 which is 4th floor preferred, building #10. VERY close to transportation and Classic Hall. Our room had a shower; DGD's room had shower/tub. Room was very clean...including the floors. We did not opt out of Mousekeeping but only requested cleaning 3 times during our week stay. The first 4 days of the trip we received security check every day; none during the last 3. There were numerous soccer teams staying at the resort until Sunday which may explain the 4 straight security checks at the beginning of the week. We arrived at the resort around 2:30; I did online check in so we went directly to our rooms and deposited our carry on luggage before going to food court for a quick lunch. Our favorite meal was the turkey, mashed potatoes and vegetables; DD and DGD loved the Potato Soup and we enjoyed the Bounty Platter or Omelets for breakfast. We had friends staying at AoA and they walked over to POP twice to enjoy the turkey dinner. :goodvibes All very good; no complaints. Food court was never crowded during the day which was surprising with all the soccer teams staying there but was very busy each night we returned from the parks. Bus service from the resort was very good; not as happy with pickups from the parks though. Seems as if the bus stops for the value resorts have the longest walks from the park entrances. :headache: Resort was well kept, clean, very helpful CM's and rooms very quiet. We never heard any outside noise including doors closing or toilets flushing during the night. We had rain almost every day of our visit and there were a few spots with standing water after heavy rains. I had requested a surprise birthday cake for DGD's to arrive at 5 PM; it was delivered at 5 to 5, about 10 minutes after our luggage arrived. Our favorite resort is WL but will stay at the POP again when budget is tight. Very enjoyable week there.

i-KPdj4Dh-M.jpg
i-MxkMmDK-M.jpg
i-Rvzc9Tx-M.jpg
i-VXK9gpj-M.jpg
i-VFqTqqQ-M.jpg
i-RmJHHFF-M.jpg
i-pGfdg4C-M.jpg
i-nrWX4F7-S.jpg
i-rdTGHqr-S.jpg
i-zKGt4Qj-S.jpg
i-Zrw4G8p-S.jpg
i-xChdTFV-S.jpg
:tink:
Thanh’s for the great report! I’m glad you had such a good time and enjoyed Pop! Your pics are wonderful and remind me how much I liked the new rooms! Good idea to opt for some moysekeeping!

Quick question about your rooms so that I can update the Tub/Shower thread.

1. Is the picture that includes the game and Mickey phone taken from outside your room? If so, could your room numbers have been 0468 and 0469? Building 10 (green buildings) start with ‘0’

2. Do you remember which room number had the shower and which one the tub/shower combo?

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed your stay and had such a good trip!

As others have said there's no set schedule. My Sister In Law's family just arrived today and it was Beach Club, Yacht Club, CBR, AoA then Pop.

Wow! I would rather pay for my own transportation if that is the case! Like previously stated, I guess it really depends on the time of day and amount of people booked on DME. Thanks!

Arrived at Pop by 8:45 yesterday morning, my room was ready. I had not made any requests because of the early arrival. They screwed up luggage delivery though, put someone else’s luggage in my room. The bags had the same last name as me. I Stopped by luggage services to tell them, but I wonder if they would have figured it out if I hadn’t gone back to my room For a break? Someone was probably waiting for those bags.

This happened to us but with our Garden Grocer order. They sent it to the wrong Mike Smith. I get it....common name, but when the wrong guy got it, he should have known it wasn't his, especially since it was a bunch of protein shakes and bananas that we ordered for our Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon Weekend races. Instead he started eating everything! Thankfully POP made it right but we had to wait an additional day for another order to arrive AND luggage services still delivered the wrong order to us. Finally got it straightened out after 2 days. It was a nightmare.

Thanh’s for the great report! I’m glad you had such a good time and enjoyed Pop! Your pics are wonderful and remind me how much I liked the new rooms! Good idea to opt for some moysekeeping!

Quick question about your rooms so that I can update the Tub/Shower thread.

1. Is the picture that includes the game and Mickey phone taken from outside your room? If so, could your room numbers have been 0468 and 0469? Building 10 (green buildings) start with ‘0’

2. Do you remember which room number had the shower and which one the tub/shower combo?

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed your stay and had such a good trip!

I think your rooms numbers were 0468 and 0469. Rooms starting with a 4 are in building 4 / 60s.

My error...Building #10 would be 0468/0469 and ours was Preferred and yes, took the game and Mickey phone picture from the hallway to the elevator outside our room. Our room was 0468 and it had the shower. Another plus for me...never feel all that safe climbing into a shower over the tub side and I love the shower doors instead of those pesky curtains that never keep the water off the floor! :tink:

Can we have non-resort guests stop by Pop to see us? DD best friend happens to be in Disney the same time as us- could they park at Pop to stop in to see us?

If no, maybe the better plan is to meet them at Disney Springs?

Last edited:
Can we have non-resort guests stop by Pop to see us? DD best friend happens to be in Disney the same time as us- could they park at Pop to stop in to see us?

If no, maybe the better plan is to meet them at Disney Springs?
Absolutely-they can just give the Guard your name.:)

We recently stayed for two nights at Pop and it was our first time staying at this resort. Other Disney resorts that my family had stayed at were AKL and GF. My DH didn’t like Pop at all. But for me, I think Pop was a fun and fine resort for family who just need a place to sleep and shower. The renovated room is very nice. The shower head is the same as those used at GF. The reusable toiletry dispense was fine. We didn’t bump our legs on to the Murphy bed, though the room was a bit tight for my family of 4.

Our room was #6459 in building 6 with a lake view. Very quiet. We didn’t see any tour groups nor the 15’s at the resort (nor in the park).

The only thing I didn’t like was the grounds on a rainy. We were at the classic hall one afternoon with heavy thunderstorm. The ground was slippery on the way back to building 6. There were puddles everywhere in the corridors, especially right in front of the elevator.

Hello all,
Heading to POP for the first time in November and am utterly confused about what building I would like to request (and yes I know its not guaranteed). Seeing as Disney is magical and wonderful I would like the best of both worlds and have a room that is in a quieter area (travelling without kids for the first time in forever) but also not too far from the bus stops, as I have trouble with my knee but not so much that I want to use a wheelchair or scooter or anything - just saving a few steps in the morning or at the end of a long day of walking the length of the parks might be nice. Any suggestions?
Also - are the upper floors quieter than the lower floors? I keep thinking of when I lived in an apartment in the city and could hear my upstairs neighbors walking around. Does that happen in the resort?
Sorry this makes me sound like a bit of a princess - just trying to navigate my first stay at a new resort. princess:
Thank you!

Hello all,
Heading to POP for the first time in November and am utterly confused about what building I would like to request (and yes I know its not guaranteed). Seeing as Disney is magical and wonderful I would like the best of both worlds and have a room that is in a quieter area (travelling without kids for the first time in forever) but also not too far from the bus stops, as I have trouble with my knee but not so much that I want to use a wheelchair or scooter or anything - just saving a few steps in the morning or at the end of a long day of walking the length of the parks might be nice. Any suggestions?
Also - are the upper floors quieter than the lower floors? I keep thinking of when I lived in an apartment in the city and could hear my upstairs neighbors walking around. Does that happen in the resort?
Thank you!

You should ask for the 70s section. It's close to transportation and food without having the noise of pools that you get in other areas. 2nd floor will help with diminishing the walking noises of the new hard floors. We've stayed in all the decades at Pop and love this resort!!!!

Hello all,
Sorry this makes me sound like a bit of a princess - just trying to navigate my first stay at a new resort. princess:
Thank you!
I agree with @andrniki that a request for 70’s would be a great choice for you. We prefer 4th floor as it means there isn’t a chance of little feet above us.

We are headed to Pop for the first time in less than 2 weeks!

Will I be able to buy a quart of milk and case of water bottles at the store there?

Or big feet!

Or a bouncing ball - that happened in the room above us during nap time (it didn’t really bother me and the teen slept through it). It was loud though. I have to say I never heard anyone walking above us. I did hear that ball though!

Will I be able to buy a quart of milk and case of water bottles at the store there?
They do sell milk but not cases of water. You might want to order water in another way, like through Amazon Prime, delivered to the resort. Just keep in mind that Disney charges $5 for deliveries.

They do sell milk but not cases of water. You might want to order water in another way, like through Amazon Prime, delivered to the resort. Just keep in mind that Disney charges $5 for deliveries.
you can buy water. Possibly not an entire case but many have reported buying smaller cases. If you do a search on this thread you will see many recent reports of people buying small cases of water at Pop.

Can someone at POP or recently returned provide a picture of the current gondala construction? We were wanting to try to get a lake view, but was wondering if the wall is still blocking generation gap bridge. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter