• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Cow...684 pages....

Anyone know the brand of beds at Pop? My daughter stayed there this week and said they are the best beds! Loves them!
Thanks.

Holy Cow...684 pages....

Anyone know the brand of beds at Pop? My daughter stayed there this week and said they are the best beds! Loves them!
Thanks.
I agree - they were so comfy! I took some pics for when I replace my current mattress.

Attachments

• 28357623-02D6-4E44-A676-5EF2B4524E03.jpeg
    28357623-02D6-4E44-A676-5EF2B4524E03.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 52
  • AC9AB26D-E982-4F26-BC85-B08F22FE5DE0.jpeg
    AC9AB26D-E982-4F26-BC85-B08F22FE5DE0.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 55
  • D5EDEA6E-C62C-47D4-BDA4-B3BE6E7895A2.jpeg
    D5EDEA6E-C62C-47D4-BDA4-B3BE6E7895A2.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 49
Is there currently any construction/refurbs going on? Just booked for Princess Marathon weekend and wanted to be aware of anything.

Is there currently any construction/refurbs going on? Just booked for Princess Marathon weekend and wanted to be aware of anything.
There is gondola construction going on but personally I’ve never heard any noise from it even when standing and seeing them working on the station.

Is there anyone knowledgeable with specific room numbers? Or has access to Touring Plans? Can anyone tell me if room #4370 is a Preferred Pool View Room or a regular Preferred Room? I'm seeing 2 different scenarios on different maps when I try to search. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Is there anyone knowledgeable with specific room numbers? Or has access to Touring Plans? Can anyone tell me if room #4370 is a Preferred Pool View Room or a regular Preferred Room? I'm seeing 2 different scenarios on different maps when I try to search. Any help would be appreciated! :)
4370 is a preferred room.

According to Touring Plans it’s a Preferred Pool View.

A8526974-6CB0-4FD1-B0F2-716281FAC2E4.jpeg
This is how our window turned out for Christmas. I loved it! I did however learn something from my window this year that I wanted to share. When you have housekeeping services they open your curtains every day. We opted out of housekeeping this trip therefore, our curtains never got opened. We were at Pop Century from December 7-15. During that time the weather was cold and the weather was hot. Needless to say, the window was sweating because of this. See the little Mickey Mouse in the bottom left? He was completely soaked to his neck. See the little Christmas tree in the middle? There is now a circular red stain on their window sill from the red foil at the bottom of the Christmas tree. If you put anything In your windows, open the heavy curtains so the window can dry out during the day!

View attachment 372010
This is how our window turned out for Christmas. I loved it! I did however learn something from my window this year that I wanted to share. When you have housekeeping services they open your curtains every day. We opted out of housekeeping this trip therefore, our curtains never got opened. We were at Pop Century from December 7-15. During that time the weather was cold and the weather was hot. Needless to say, the window was sweating because of this. See the little Mickey Mouse in the bottom left? He was completely soaked to his neck. See the little Christmas tree in the middle? There is now a circular red stain on their window sill from the red foil at the bottom of the Christmas tree. If you put anything In your windows, open the heavy curtains so the window can dry out during the day!

I open my curtains before I leave the room each day to make it easier for them to look into the room. I never thought about the windows having a lot of condensation, but that is a good point.

Thank you all so much, I really appreciate it!
My guess is that preferred view room is correct because it really isn't a pool view room per se. It overlooks the kiddie splash pad area.
I noticed ours had a lot of condensation too but didn’t think to open the curtains to clear it up. We’ll do that next trip for sure!

We went ahead and finally booked Pop today after talking about it for ages. Booked for a late April 2020 stay so we still have a ways but are pretty excited. The CM I spoke with gave me a price breakdown day-by-day and there is a not insignificant jump from 2019 at the same time. About $10-$20 more a night for a standard room pre-tax when rack rates are compared. Just thought I would put the early warning out.
I know phone CMs can be inaccurate at times but this individual seemed spot on from everything I've read about Pop (and specifically the renovated accessible rooms) on the DIS.

We went ahead and finally booked Pop today after talking about it for ages. Booked for a late April 2020 stay so we still have a ways but are pretty excited. The CM I spoke with gave me a price breakdown day-by-day and there is a not insignificant jump from 2019 at the same time. About $10-$20 more a night for a standard room pre-tax when rack rates are compared. Just thought I would put the early warning out.
I know phone CMs can be inaccurate at times but this individual seemed spot on from everything I've read about Pop (and specifically the renovated accessible rooms) on the DIS.
I wasn’t aware it was even possible to book that far out. Online bookings can only be made into the first week of 2020 and guests need to arrive in 2019. I’ll be curious to see if the price you received is what sticks as I’m not convinced prices have been set into 2020 yet.

Since you were able to book 16 months in advance your price is locked in unless you make any changes to your reservation but I’ll be curious to see how things change once the Skyliner opens.

Just a heads up as you’ve booked early, If you mane any changes to your reservation in the next 16 months there is a good chance the new rates will apply and your price will go up.

I wasn’t aware it was even possible to book that far out.

You can book a room only via phone up to 499 days out.

Online bookings can only be made into the first week of 2020 and guests need to arrive in 2019.

For booking Online and booking packages, this is correct.

I’ll be curious to see if the price you received is what sticks as I’m not convinced prices have been set into 2020 yet.

It will not stick. In order to book before rack rates are set, you only have to make a deposit which will be 1 night at the highest rate for 2019. Then once the rack rates for 2020 are released, OP's total amount due for their stay will be set using the new 2020 rack rates.

Since you were able to book 16 months in advance your price is locked in unless you make any changes to your reservation.

No it is not.

Just a heads up as you’ve booked early, If you mane any changes to your reservation in the next 16 months there is a good chance the new rates will apply and your price will go up.

New rates will definitely be applied to OPs reservation whether they make changes or not.

Everything above is accurate when the guest making the booking is in North America. Overseas bookings are a whole different animal that I am not familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter