Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people working the Resort Airline Check In Desk are not Disney CMs. They work for a company called Bags Incorporated. Bags pays WDW to rent space at the resorts. I just don't want you wasting your time with Disney when you should be communicating with Bags Incorporated.

I was just typing up this same thing.

Words of Caution regarding POP:

We stayed there a few weeks ago in early December and we were significantly disappointed twice. The first was with the package I shipped from Amazon Prime Pantry. They were unable to find it at Bell Services and he suggested I call amazon and have them reship it. That would have taken 4 days for Amazon to re-ship, so it was not an option for us. A few days ago, I received a call from POP and they were wondering what to do with my package. It was being stored behind the check in desk; it was there 2 days before I checked in. Strike one against POP. Strike two was when we tried to use airline check in for our Delta flight home. Although we had a ticket, we did not have assigned seats. The CM at the airline check in desk said we could not check in our luggage because we did not have an assigned seat. We then had to retrieve our luggage from the porter who had already whisked our luggage away, and take it to the airport ourselves to check it in. Once I arrived home, I searched the MDE website to see if there is a requirement to have an assigned seat, but found no such requirement. I also have spoken to a CM "leader" also and they were not aware of this situation. I have emailed Disney and am waiting for a response. We are done staying at POP.
The second point Seems strange that you had to have a pre-assigned seat as one of the airlines they check in is Southwest and Southwest does not pre-assign seats. Had you checked in for your flight? I remember one time I forgot to do that and had to stand there and check-in online before they would accept our luggage. I believe that is an airline safety thing. Just s thought...

The second point Seems strange that you had to have a pre-assigned seat as one of the airlines they check in is Southwest and Southwest does not pre-assign seats. Had you checked in for your flight? I remember one time I forgot to do that and had to stand there and check-in online before they would accept our luggage. I believe that is an airline safety thing. Just s thought...
I had checked in online but did not print the boarding passes. So that is the line I entered at the airline check in desk. Also, thanks to the posters about the tip regarding Baggage incorporated.

What is everyone's favorite room request for close to lobby standard view? Right now I have a room in the 70s marked for my Touring Plans request. Any suggestions?

We always book 50’s building 1 or 3 first floor and always standard however this upcoming trip I’ve booked Standard Pool View since that was all they had at the time for the AP discount, so I only have 2 options 50’s or 90’s. I’m hoping for 50’s again.

What is posted at the baggage check and on the information they leave on your door the night before is verbage that says if you owe any fees to the airline you need to pay those before proceeding to the baggage check at the hotel as they are not able to collect those fees. Now we fly Southwest all the time (open seating) but in the case of most other airlines you have to pick your seat to know if you owe any additional fees. Flying Delta, American, or United I have had to pick my seat and in so doing there are extra fees if I choose exit row, closer to the front of the plane, aisle or window etc. So if you have not picked you seat assignment then the baggage folks at the hotel can't help you because you potentially owe the airline more money and they want to talk to you before you board the flight so you can't check your bags.

As others have stated the baggage workers at the hotel are not Disney CM's. Not really sure if any of the MDE information would cover much of the luggage's return trip to the airport. Best way I can describe it is at a lot of airports when someone drops you off you have the option to take you bags into the airport and check them in or get a sky cap to check your luggage at the stand outside and give you your bag claim tickets. You tip him and head to security. If you go inside an airline employee will check your bag and put it on the belt. No tipping involved. Think of the baggage people at the hotel as the sky cap.

We are just home from a 3 night stay at Pop and loved it! This was our first value resort stay and I was completely happy with it. We had some difficulty when we checked in because the dining plan was not on our reservation. Our reservation had to be completely rebooked which took a long time! Because of our delay (which made us miss our first fast pass), we were given a coupon for free hat or ears for all 4 of us in the room. And our first fast pass was replaced with an anytime use fastpass for that day to replace the one we missed. Great customer service!

As for the room, it is small, but the renovated rooms are nice. The room was very clean. Between the drawers in the dresser and the cabinets in the bathroom, we could unpack some things and store our suitcases under the beds, so we had enough room. I liked the shower and I prefer the bulk shower products, because I have two daughters and the small containers of shampoo are never enough for us. I had requested 60s, but we got a room in Building 3/50s. The location was fine and the walk to the main building/transportation was short.

The transportation always worked well for us. When we were leaving Magic Kingdom after Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, the bus lines for Pop were huge. But, a double bus came up and took lots of people, followed immediately by two more buses, so our wait was short. On our last day, we went out around 10am to get a bus to Hollywood Studios. The board did not show a time for a bus to arrive and the line started to grow. A cast member came out and radioed in that we needed a HS bus, and one arrived shortly after that. Even with that, I don't think we waited 20 minutes.

Overall, we really liked Pop and are looking forward to another stay there next summer.

Just a quick question, which I’m sure is somewhere in the many pages but to many to go through. The new shampoo bottles, are guests able to open them or are they locked and only CMs can open them? I’m trying to decide if I should just bring my own.

Just a quick question, which I’m sure is somewhere in the many pages but to many to go through. The new shampoo bottles, are guests able to open them or are they locked and only CMs can open them? I’m trying to decide if I should just bring my own.

I would bring my own in case you don't like what is available. I personally cannot stand the smell, so I make sure I get extra bars of soap and bring small containers of my hair products. You may love them, but if you don't, at least you'll have some of your product as a backup.

I would bring my own in case you don't like what is available. I personally cannot stand the smell, so I make sure I get extra bars of soap and bring small containers of my hair products. You may love them, but if you don't, at least you'll have some of your product as a backup.
I’m the same way. I think the smell is gross and it does nothing to get the tangles out of my hair

I’m the same way. I think the smell is gross and it does nothing to get the tangles out of my hair

Yeah, even DH can't stand the smell and he normally just uses whatever is available. He asked me for regular soap rather than use the body wash again.

Guests can't open them. I'll add another caution to previous posters' dislike of the smell...the shampoo and conditioner doesn't work well in my hair, as I discovered on our most recent trip. I have very thick, dense hair and it took me twice as long to wash and condition it with the products at Pop than it takes me when I bring my own products. It was fine in a pinch for a short trip, but in the future I'll be going back to bringing my own shampoo and conditioner.

Guests can't open them. I'll add another caution to previous posters' dislike of the smell...the shampoo and conditioner doesn't work well in my hair, as I discovered on our most recent trip. I have very thick, dense hair and it took me twice as long to wash and condition it with the products at Pop than it takes me when I bring my own products. It was fine in a pinch for a short trip, but in the future I'll be going back to bringing my own shampoo and conditioner.
Something else that may be adding to your challenge of rinsing may also be the water. I find that regardless of what shampoo and conditioner I use it takes me longer using the water in FL to rinse my hair. I think the water may be softer than I'm used to at home.

Something else that may be adding to your challenge of rinsing may also be the water. I find that regardless of what shampoo and conditioner I use it takes me longer using the water in FL to rinse my hair. I think the water may be softer than I'm used to at home.
Agreed. The water is definitely softer at Pop compared to the water at home. Easier to lather up, longer to rinse away.

No, it's definitely the products for me, more the shampoo than the conditioner. I've stayed at Pop multiple times, but this was the first time I'd used their products. There was a marked difference in the time it took me to get my hair clean using their products this trip as opposed to using my own on last year's trip.

Yeah, even DH can't stand the smell and he normally just uses whatever is available. He asked me for regular soap rather than use the body wash again.
I felt bad because our 9 yo niece hated it but didn’t want to say anything. Luckily she brought her own to use

We recently got back from a two week stay at pop and I must say I was very impressed with this resort. It was the first time for me staying in a value resort. I feel like when the gondola is here there will be no point staying in any other resort. Only down side would be the lack of hot tub. However that is very minor. I would highly recommend staying in the preferred pool area as it was amazingly close to the buses. I would also recommend staying in a higher level room. We requested a high level room and to be beside another party, unfortunately we only got the one request to be beside the other room and we got a ground level floor. Maintenance vehicles are pretty loud and will wake light sleepers, especially the turning off and on off the carts and the sidewalk washing. I remedied this with earplugs but I think a high room would be best. The cast members working here are really friendly and memorable. Overall a great place to stay especially if you're like me and you are rarely at the room, and are enjoying yourself in the park.

I felt bad because our 9 yo niece hated it but didn’t want to say anything. Luckily she brought her own to use

I find it odd that Disney chose to use these products since there seems to be many that would rather not use them. I would think they'd rather choose something a bit more basic and neutral in scent and cleansing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter