Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it still the same where you can drop off your luggage if your room isn't ready and go to the parks and then drop off on check out day and go to the parks and pick up before you grab the Tragical Express?

Our plane lands at 1210PM and we want to hit Epcot ASAP and then our plane doesn't leave until 7PM and we want to go to Animal Kingdom on our last day.

Is it still the same where you can drop off your luggage if your room isn't ready and go to the parks and then drop off on check out day and go to the parks and pick up before you grab the Tragical Express?

Our plane lands at 1210PM and we want to hit Epcot ASAP and then our plane doesn't leave until 7PM and we want to go to Animal Kingdom on our last day.
We have just about the exact same scenario planned for our trip :) Epcot planned for Friday, HS planned for Saturday, MK planned for Sunday, and AK planned for Monday.
We arrive on Friday, the 24th :)

Ugh. We arrive this Monday and I just called and said this exact thing. CM said the Allstars people were not "upgraded" but simply moved because there was no room for them. Which I understand, but we paid $200/night to be at a Skyliner resort so that is an upgrade IMO. I don't blame the Allstars guests at all but it kinda isn't fair. I guess I'll have to call back and see if I get someone else.
Send an email as well.. it might take 2 weeks to here back but why not.

Ugh. We arrive this Monday and I just called and said this exact thing. CM said the Allstars people were not "upgraded" but simply moved because there was no room for them. Which I understand, but we paid $200/night to be at a Skyliner resort so that is an upgrade IMO. I don't blame the Allstars guests at all but it kinda isn't fair. I guess I'll have to call back and see if I get someone else.
We are one of those people who were "upgraded" to POP from ASMo. I truly understand how you feel, and maybe I would feel the same were it me, but for the inconvenience and ridiculous amount of time it took having to change our reservations twice and losing free dining, etc., I appreciated that they accommodated us and many others with this. They had no choice really, AS is closed. Personally, I do feel like it's an upgrade since I never stayed at POP before (and I am perfectly happy with ASMo). I do wish you luck!! :)

For anyone that has been to Pop since opening, are guests able to go into the food court to make selections/get drinks (I am aware no self-serve) or are they only allowing entry when a mobile order is completed/ready for pick-up?

For anyone that has been to Pop since opening, are guests able to go into the food court to make selections/get drinks (I am aware no self-serve) or are they only allowing entry when a mobile order is completed/ready for pick-up?

not there but I heard you can take your mug in to have them get you a drink refill (in a paper cup)

Anyone staying at pop can help. What time is the skyliner working to get to the studios. Will I make it before park opening for the boarding group or should I just Uber to the studios
Experiences being shared on other threads is that the Skyliner guests are the first to enter the parks due to them holding guests at the parking toll booths later than the Skylner guests are arriving.

If you have your refillable mug with you just tell the person at the entrance that you are getting a refill and they will tell you which line to follow to get to the drink station. At the drink station another cast member will give you whatever drink you want in a paper cup. If you don’t have a refillable mug you probably have to mobile order a drink to enter, but I’m not positive.

They REALLY need more busses running from Disney Springs at the end of the day. Every park is closed, all of Springs closed at 10, why not have a few more busses taking people back to the resorts? :headache:

You must use mobile order, and they have a person checking at the entrance. Also, fair warning that the app is being awful & I haven’t been able to place a single mobile order at Pop. I’ve been “walked” to the food pickup spot & “allowed” to pay at the register, after I show a CM multiple times that it won’t work. Works fine for me in the parks but not at the resort. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anyone staying at pop can help. What time is the skyliner working to get to the studios. Will I make it before park opening for the boarding group or should I just Uber to the studios
Right now it opens at 9 with a 10am park opening. I had no problems but the line was long. I got in line at about 9:15 and got in the park at 9:58 (and got Boarding Group 11 for Rise!).

You must use mobile order, and they have a person checking at the entrance. Also, fair warning that the app is being awful & I haven’t been able to place a single mobile order at Pop. I’ve been “walked” to the food pickup spot & “allowed” to pay at the register, after I show a CM multiple times that it won’t work. Works fine for me in the parks but not at the resort. 🤷🏼‍♀️
The first day I couldn't get the mobile order to work. 3 separate cast members tried to make it work (through instructions, etc.) but couldn't so they walked me in and I could look at the board and they were nice. I paid with my credit card that first time.

I had unistalled and reinstalled the MDE app just a day or two before but when I got to my room I uninstalled and installed yet again and after that I was able to do the mobile ordering on my phone.

That kind of stinks, so you can't actually walk around and look at anything to see what you might want?

Planning on breakfast at the hotel with later park opening hours. I did the park reservations first and then made my dining reservations at the park I am going to for 2 pm lunch/dinner. If we are hungry later we will grab a snack somewhere.
We check in July 18th

I've had a very hard time with planning ADRs for my family. My kids are 11 and 2 (turns 3 during the trip) so we would like to something planned each day to take a break from the heat and mask.

The options are just lacking across the board for in park dinning. Plus the menus keep changing for places to eat in the parks (Looking at you Liberty Tree). I'm assuming quick service will be busy and then trying to find a table inside with AC might be a major pain. So we went ahead and booked ADRs daily in the parks between 11:30-12:30. I know we will eat breakfast at Pop before Epcot and HS (Late openings) and i'm going to suck it up nightly and eat at Pop while the kids swim. I'm just praying my kids can handle the mask long enough each day to get some time in at the parks and if they do i'll happily drink at the pool while they swim and eat that wonderful Pop Century pizza nightly.
This trip (if it happens) will be very different for us. We've traveled with free dining for 10 years. I can't afford ADR prices so it will be a Quick Service dining trip. Planning to eat in the parks when we're there as it offers variety from Pop's food court. Also hoping we'll be able to visit other resorts and try out their quick service options. Disney Springs will also be a location of choice after the parks close, and eat there.

SO many restrictions this year is weighing into this trip. Holding onto our reservation right now but only time will tell if this trip actually happens on schedule or is pushed out until things settle down a bit.
Yep, this September is going to be very different, isn't it?

I'm going to just wing it. I'll see about making a few when my dates open up next week, but I'm resolved that this won't be anything like my last September trips. I figure my 2 Epcot days will be fine because I'll fill up in F&W food.

I'm with ya, the thought of eating too many meals at POP (or AoA if it opens up by Sept) isn't very appealing.

I wonder what Postmates is like at WDW...

Thanks for the input...it looks like we're all kinda thinking the same thing.

Our ADR day is Wednesday, I'm going to make a reservation for Droid Depot and Oga's and leave the rest up to chance. We're going to have places in mind and if we can get in, great. If not, on to the next one.

Also, after watching tons of vlogs it looks like we won't need a full day in the parks so that gives more time for Disney Springs and their food options.

Thanks for the input...it looks like we're all kinda thinking the same thing.

Our ADR day is Wednesday, I'm going to make a reservation for Droid Depot and Oga's and leave the rest up to chance. We're going to have places in mind and if we can get in, great. If not, on to the next one.

Also, after watching tons of vlogs it looks like we won't need a full day in the parks so that gives more time for Disney Springs and their food options.

other than Disney spring what else is not too far away from pop century like fast food or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter