Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And housekeeping will be only light work during your stay and not when your room is occupied. Thorough cleaning between guests only.

Thats very true it does appear most dining locations opened so far have reduced their menu options significantly.
They appear to announce the reduced menus approx 1 week before resort reopening.
Thinking about declining housekeeping all together on our next trip in early Aug. Is it currently a thing to get a gift card if you do decline?
Declining housekeeping will still mean your room is accessed each day. Sometimes they just open the door and look in while other times the room is entered to replace towels and/or remove trash.

I haven’t quite experienced this at Disney before - every vending machine is broken/sold out of water. I called room service to see if they could bring some water up (I said I’d pay for it), and they said no. They said they could unlock the gift shop if I wanted bottled water & that’s it. Maybe it’s a COVID thing but definitely something to keep in mind!

I haven’t quite experienced this at Disney before - every vending machine is broken/sold out of water. I called room service to see if they could bring some water up (I said I’d pay for it), and they said no. They said they could unlock the gift shop if I wanted bottled water & that’s it. Maybe it’s a COVID thing but definitely something to keep in mind!
Thanks for posting this. We leave on Saturday and I was contemplating doing a grocery store run (we will have a car) for water, etc. This cemented it for me.

It's funny, they sent me via email a 50.00 gift card last month for my cancelled May trip. A few days later I got an "oops, sorry" email and a notice it was voided!
I received one of these also for $80. I quickly added it as a payment to our upcoming trip. just checked and it's still there. Will be interesting to see what happens if I cancel our trip!

Still holding out a glimmer of hope that they will let me move this trip into 2021 and keep the 35% room discount. :rotfl2:

It's funny, they sent me via email a 50.00 gift card last month for my cancelled May trip. A few days later I got an "oops, sorry" email and a notice it was voided!

I received the same email, and it actually stated that we would get the gift card upon check-in. Now, it could be an old form email, which still had old information, but I would think that was such an unique situation that it would have been a new email form. I don't think I will actually get the gift card, and it isn't something I will even "fight" for, but just interesting that when they sent the oops email, they stated that information.

I received the same email, and it actually stated that we would get the gift card upon check-in. Now, it could be an old form email, which still had old information, but I would think that was such an unique situation that it would have been a new email form. I don't think I will actually get the gift card, and it isn't something I will even "fight" for, but just interesting that when they sent the oops email, they stated that information.

View attachment 512169
If you have an email stating you will receive the gift card upon arrival I'd hold onto it for sure as it isn't something they are currently offering. If you have an email that is directly linked to your upcoming trip they may choose to honour it.

So to do mobile order at Pop - when the food is ready where do you enter the building to get your food? The doors that lead into the seating area? The entry from the gift shop side? Also can you eat in the seating area or so you have to take it to your room? We will probably go to our room but I often like to drink a cup of coffee in a booth and then grab a refill to take to my room with our meal - so I honestly would rather go in for my refillable mug coffee (in a paper cup I am aware) then while I am drinking that do my order and get another coffee refill and take it to my room with the food. I usually do this while the teen gets ready

I received one of these also for $80. I quickly added it as a payment to our upcoming trip. just checked and it's still there. Will be interesting to see what happens if I cancel our trip!

Still holding out a glimmer of hope that they will let me move this trip into 2021 and keep the 35% room discount. :rotfl2:
I hope you get to keep it. I wasn't sure where it came from and i thought it was a scam until Disney sent me the "never mind" email! I should've applied it to my trip ASAP! LOL!

View attachment 512169
Yes, I got the same email! Interesting!

So to do mobile order at Pop - when the food is ready where do you enter the building to get your food? The doors that lead into the seating area? The entry from the gift shop side? Also can you eat in the seating area or so you have to take it to your room? We will probably go to our room but I often like to drink a cup of coffee in a booth and then grab a refill to take to my room with our meal - so I honestly would rather go in for my refillable mug coffee (in a paper cup I am aware) then while I am drinking that do my order and get another coffee refill and take it to my room with the food. I usually do this while the teen gets ready
You enter through the gift shop and you can sit inside or take your food back to your room to eat

For those there was wondering if you booked a standard view and requested the 50’s section are you pretty much getting your request? With the other values being closed I was wondering if any request was being honored

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter