Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Here now weather has been beautiful although of course once sun goes down it’s a bit nippy. Lines for Skyliner have been super long in morning but once skyliner opens line moves quickly. Skyliner was down on Wed. Around 5:30ish for awhile but than opened again. Seems to be large group of teens here. Wed morning we couldn’t even get out door to get to MK bus stop due to horde of kids blocking the area. Have seen quite a few people in the pools but pool area hasn’t been crowded. pop Century has been at 100% occupancy all week but we haven’t had a problem getting in and out of the food court area.
All the earmaks of a South American Tour Group!lol

Did you hear Spanish or Portuguese in the air?

I read somewhere that the room fridges don't cool lower than 40 degrees. Is this true? I believe milk needs to be stored at temperatures cooler than this...
When we stayed at Pop last year we had to have a maintenance man come and check on ours. He was able to change out a coolant line of some sort and it worked much better after that.

Thanks for the information. This is an interesting strategy. If I make my room request in advance, then do the early check-in from the app, I might get the assignment early and be able to think it over and research it a bit. If I decide it isn't ideal can they usually change it at front desk when we arrive? Or is it better just to visit front desk and decide from their once the give you your room allocation?
I think the online check-in overrides any other request. I found this out on one of our trips where I called in our request and also verified it about 10 days before check-in, but then decided to use the online request feature of ground floor. Well when I received the text the room was not even close to our phone in request, but it was on the ground floor. So, I stopped at the desk when we got there and when talking with the CM I mentioned that we wanted to see if we could get a different room because we were hoping to get something close to our requests and she said that the system only showed ground floor from the online request app:( So, now when we do online check-in I skip the room request on the app. We have actually had a good success rate on getting our requests, definitely over 50%.

Here now...no milk other than an individual serving. I asked a CM and they just said they haven't had anything bigger in a long time and wasn't sure if they would in the future.
Well that is no good. I had planned to bring some cereals for the family and just buy some milk each day. Would be much cheaper that way. No milk to purchase and the fridges aren't cold enough to store milk we could order from walmart, amazon etc. Will have to think of some alternatives.

Well that is no good. I had planned to bring some cereals for the family and just buy some milk each day. Would be much cheaper that way. No milk to purchase and the fridges aren't cold enough to store milk we could order from walmart, amazon etc. Will have to think of some alternatives.
Well, they still have the individual size containers of milk which would each be enough for one bowl of cereal but that will probably get expensive if there are several people using it every day. You could check if they're still selling half gallon containers at AoA. And you can just put an ice bucket full of ice in the fridge (if it's not cold enough....I have "refrigerator thermometer" on my packing list for our upcoming trip) and stick the milk directly in the ice bucket to keep it colder.

Well, they still have the individual size containers of milk which would each be enough for one bowl of cereal but that will probably get expensive if there are several people using it every day. You could check if they're still selling half gallon containers at AoA. And you can just put an ice bucket full of ice in the fridge (if it's not cold enough....I have "refrigerator thermometer" on my packing list for our upcoming trip) and stick the milk directly in the ice bucket to keep it colder.

I can get 2 bowls from the individual cartons and have always kept them in the fridge/cooler without issue.

Might RIV have larger milk sizes being a DVC property?

Adding to the put ice in the fridge thought, I always pack gallon size ziplock bags and double bag ice to stick in the fridge. It helps keep stuff cold and leaves your ice bucket available while not taking up as much fridge space.

They are beverage coolers only and have warning stickers on them that say so. I have stayed at Pop a lot and I keep a fridge thermometer in my Owner's Locker to check their fridge temps. I certainly have had coolers on the warmer side that wouldn't have kept things like dairy or meat safe, and I know a few people who have had their food spoil. But the max temps really can vary wildly from one room to the next. Plenty do get colder than 40 degrees (and even can freeze drinks solid) and work just fine as fridges. You just really have no way of knowing about your cooler's temps in particular until you check in.
Going to these "coolers" has to go under the dumb column for Disney. Amazing how it lined up with them no longer selling milk in containers larger than those overpriced single serve bottles or cartons. They are trying to squeeze every dime out of their customers.

Walmart has Horizon brand shelf-stable milk in small carton 12-packs.

Staying at POP in December with the quick service dining plan, would I be able to get a beer or wine from the food court with my dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter